Southend (A)

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Well, thank God for Dearnley. As long as he keeps coming off the bench to score, he will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride. Unfortunately he is in no-win situation.

Not sure what you mean here.

There's very little going right at Latics at the moment, apart from the tactic of bringing Dearnley off the bench to score.  If he scores after coming off the bench every game, I doubt he'll have any complaints about things and neither will anyone else.  It's literally the one thing no one can complain about at the moment..

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Latics on dodgy iFollow stream (2 minutes behind real time ?!?!?) cant be good for your health.

Hanging on for a point, then a sublime finish from Zak. Enjoy watching him in a Latics shirt, it wont be long before he has a better offer.

Poor opposition tonight, Whelan looks a much better player with more time and space, plenty of tougher games to come.

Harry Clarke is an excellent addition, worth MOM for sure, I also argue CBJ is the best choice left back.

Just a relief to come away with three points, need to start much better against Salford to have any chance.

11 hours ago, steveecky said:

Grant is a waste of space. Whelan I think could pick a pass if only someone was in space closer rather than running away from him like headless chickens

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Dearnley will score.

Grant scores the first.

Great ball from Whelan for Dearnley to score the winner 😉

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Not sure what you mean here.

There's very little going right at Latics at the moment, apart from the tactic of bringing Dearnley off the bench to score.  If he scores after coming off the bench every game, I doubt he'll have any complaints about things and neither will anyone else.  It's literally the one thing no one can complain about at the moment..

I'm definitely not complaining and totally agree that if it ain't broke, don't fix it...I just wonder if Dearnley is comfortable with that and not getting a regular start, or if he will feel aggrieved by it. 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I'm definitely not complaining and totally agree that if it ain't broke, don't fix it...I just wonder if Dearnley is comfortable with that and not getting a regular start, or if he will feel aggrieved by it. 

Think he had an injury so was not risked from the start.

Just now, Behind Closed Doors said:

The Dog and Duck would have won there but those who were apoplectic at 6.30 with the team being changed after Saturdays horror showc might wish to warm up their humble piec

Opinions are subjective and a forum is the pace to air them. It's really no surprise, with meddlesome Mo around, that there are knee-jerk reactions across the board.

6 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

The Dog and Duck would have won there but those who were apoplectic at 6.30 with the team being changed after Saturdays horror showc might wish to warm up their humble piec

The Dog and Duck are higher up the league than us.

1 minute ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

So you would start with the same 11 on Saturday ?  

The performance at Bolton didn't warrant all the changes made for the next game. Tonight we were shite against a shite side, a few changes are needed, injuries aside. 

3 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

So you would start with the same 11 on Saturday ?  

Hamer out, yep. Drop Grant and KD.

For all Grants good stuff, ie he scored, he makes some abjectly poor decisions.

Running away out of defence with the ball he had marked Macleney on his left and free Dearnley on the right. No prizes for guessing where the ball went.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

People mock scholes, but without him we wouldn't  ha e the ledgend that is delaney!

I wonder if there is an emoji for:

You know, that maybe right, i should think about that and then realise that its really full of shit.

Archived