MATCH: Salford

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wild had Clarke, Edmundson, Iversen, Lang, Nepo - big difference in quality compared to now.

It weren't just that.  Pete knew all the players personally before he took over, the players played for PW because he was friends with most of them and they knew he had been thrown into the deep end. 

2 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

Everyone knows there’s interference from above the head coach, it’s bloody obvious.

But some continue to vent their spleens at whoever is the head coach this month, or weirdly still, Paul Scholes.

The Sporting Director must love it. Fail miserably and have someone else cop for it each time.

Despite knowing who the problem is. I still vent at the so called coach, for being a complete muppet for going along with this charade. For being a puppet to the sporting dictators so called master plan.

2 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

It weren't just that.  Pete knew all the players personally before he took over, the players played for PW because he was friends with most of them and they knew he had been thrown into the deep end. 

Yes, I've no doubt that helped him greatly.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Don't worry you don't look like you're defending Kewell

You're just doing your one post again

The idea that any change to players or manager at all will make no difference to what we watch each week is daft.  

We won't achieve success, but we could be less shit.

Well changing the last 8 managers hasn't got us anywhere has it.

As for me being repetitive well I aim to please first of all. But sorry I'm committed to the evidence mate the evidence of Going from Sheridan to Wellens to Bunn to Wild to Scholes to Wild to Banide to Maarmria to Kewell only shows regression. I can't see that pattern changing unless we take a drastic change in attitude towards managers.

If you’ve got little budget then hire a manager used to working under those conditions, sign grafters and play in a style befitting your budget. Don’t expect to have a team capable of passing it round like Brazil if you can’t afford to pay for players who can do it. 

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

As for me being repetitive well I aim to please first of all. But sorry I'm committed to the evidence mate the evidence of Going from Sheridan to Wellens to Bunn to Wild to Scholes to Wild to Banide to Maarmria to Kewell only shows regression. I can't see that pattern changing unless we take a drastic change in attitude towards managers.

So the manager does make a difference then? Otherwise why is the regression in quality even important? 

Equally by your own metric- if the quality of manager went up we then we have a better chance to gather more points? 

And no. . I don’t think we’ll ever succeed with the chuckles. But the manager/coach does matter-even at crisis clubs.  The whole history of football tells you that. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So the manager does make a difference then? Otherwise why is the regression in quality even important? 

Equally by your own metric- if the quality of manager went up we then we have a better chance to gather more points? 

And no. . I don’t think we’ll ever succeed with the chuckles. But the manager/coach does matter-even at crisis clubs.  The whole history of football tells you that. 

No I said that we keep changing manager and we keep getting worse.

We get a better manager yeah that can make a difference only if he's given time and authority to influence things the whole history of football tells us that aswell.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No I said that we keep changing manager and we keep getting worse.

We get a better manager yeah that can make a difference only if he's given time and authority to influence things the whole history of football tells us that aswell.

So the manager does matter then? 

You’ve consistently said it doesn’t matter whose in charge- and in the main I agree. But that’s when we’re talking about being a well run club. In this time of crisis, you keep conflating the club with the manager- time and authority are things successful clubs do. We aren’t one. So what’s that got to do with our predicament? We’re well past normal or good practice. 

However- Is somebody out there who is capable of working at a crisis club, and galvanising a group of players to not concede an average of two goals a game. I think there is. 

Will we appoint somebody of that ilk? 

No. 

But it doesn’t change the fact that even now- the right appointment would keep us in league IMO. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

If you’ve got little budget then hire a manager used to working under those conditions, sign grafters and play in a style befitting your budget. Don’t expect to have a team capable of passing it round like Brazil if you can’t afford to pay for players who can do it. 

Even Jurgen Klopp played an old fashioned grafting centre back yesterday and told him not to play it around. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is there a common denominator with all the managers I wonder?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

So the manager does matter then? 

You’ve consistently said it doesn’t matter whose in charge- and in the main I agree. But that’s when we’re talking about being a well run club. In this time of crisis, you keep conflating the club with the manager- time and authority are things successful clubs do. We aren’t one. So what’s that got to do with our predicament? We’re well past normal or good practice. 

However- Is somebody out there who is capable of working at a crisis club, and galvanising a group of players to not concede an average of two goals a game. I think there is. 

Will we appoint somebody of that ilk? 

No. 

But it doesn’t change the fact that even now- the right appointment would keep us in league IMO. 

No, What I have said consistently is that when the club is run the way we are it doesn't matter who the manager is because the manager is not allowed to do his job properly so it doesn't matter how good he is.

At a well run club, hell even a not so well club like the way Corney ran things here, alteast one where the manager is given time and autonomy to do his job only then can we truly assess his capabilities. 

I thought I made this pretty clear.

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No, What I have said consistently is that when the club is run the way we are it doesn't matter who the manager is because the manager is not allowed to do his job properly so it doesn't matter how good he is.

At a well run club, hell even a not so well club like the way Corney ran things here, alteast one where the manager is given time and autonomy to do his job only then can we truly assess his capabilities. 

Well if it wasn’t before it is now! 👍

I've watched the game this afternoon, even Mike and Roy said our best strikers were on the bench and hinted that thy should be playing. Roy was very subdued. Perhaps even he can't tell himself that it will be ok.

52 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

😂😂😂Sorry sir. 

There you go again. .  talking to yourself. 

We all know no manager will succeed- we all know the manager isn’t allowed to manage properly. Why you keep trying to own an argument that the vast majority agree with is both laughable and bizarre. 

I’ll put it simply for you- so then you can grasp it- I know you like it clear. 😉

Do you think there is somebody other than HK who could get a tune of this this squad with these owners? 

Because prior to HK - every manager (working in the same shit circumstances) we’ve had has done better Kewell. But we’ll just ignore that- because you can’t analyse our managers anymore. 

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂Sorry sir. 

We all know no manager will succeed- we all know the manager isn’t allowed to manage properly. Why you keep trying to own an argument that the vast majority agree with is both laughable and bizarre. 

I’ll put it simply for you- so then you can grasp it- I know you like it clear. 😉

Do you think there is somebody other than HK who could get a tune of this this squad with these owners? 

Because prior to HK - every manager (working in the same shit circumstances) we’ve had has done better Kewell. But we’ll just ignore that- because you can’t analyse our managers anymore. 

Just a minor point....we don’t have a manager....we have a Head Coach who reports to a Sporting Director.   Whether it is right or wrong is another issue but with that structure I would expect the Sporting Director to be involved in decision making and do  not See that  in the least surprising 

7 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Just a minor point....we don’t have a manager....we have a Head Coach who reports to a Sporting Director.   Whether it is right or wrong is another issue but with that structure I would expect the Sporting Director to be involved in decision making and do  not See that  in the least surprising 

Yet Maybury called Kewell 'The manager' on a recent interview.

10 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Aye, fair point. 

It’s not interfering anymore- when the structure they put in place dictates they get a say. 

13 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

So the answer then is to remove the failed Sporting Director and return to a Joe Royle management style set up.

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂Sorry sir. 

Could be that the squad just gets worse. 

In the wider climate nobody should expect much from this season but the circumstances made good recruitment all the more important. 

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Could be that the squad just gets worse. 

In the wider climate nobody should expect much from this season but the circumstances made good recruitment all the more important. 

Aye. The squad as a whole gets worse and worse, the only caveat being that our front three this season looks the best we’ve had for a while.   I still think this squad is good enough though to finish 22nd. With Kewell in charge I really fear for us. When you score as many we do and still lose most games, it’s only going one way. 

Archived