MATCH: Salford

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

I find it astonishing that Scholes is getting the blame for his time being here.

It's only fair his managerial career is void whilst working for this circus in charge.   

Meh, he's still been the worst we've had under these owners, managerial career voided or otherwise. 

Gets the hardest luck story of all purely because of his playing career and the fact he's a Latics fan. I'd give Dino another go under better owners before him...

14 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Meh, he's still been the worst we've had under these owners, managerial career voided or otherwise. 

Gets the hardest luck story of all purely because of his playing career and the fact he's a Latics fan. I'd give Dino another go under better owners before him...

I'm not saying he's a decent manager but you can't possibly judge his time here when he was only here for 31 days.  

22 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I'm not saying he's a decent manager but you can't possibly judge his time here when he was only here for 31 days.  

For all the years we were linked with him I doubted he had the personality to be a manager or knowledge of what's needed at the rough end of of the football league.

Harsh to judge him on his 31 days here maybe, but it certainly gave stronger credence to my original theory..

37 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

It's the default position of football fans.

When things are going wrong let's blame the manager for his team selection tactics and signings. A defeat today will see them out again. Those that blame this merely arent seeing the bigger picture.

Whatever the result today it won't prove either way if Scholes would or wouldn't have been a success here at being manager. Personally I don't think he would have succeeded and would have walked at some point anyway. However the big disappointment was that within a month our owner had already given him a legitimate excuse to walk out shows where the real failings are.

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

I find it astonishing that Scholes is getting the blame for his time being here.

It's only fair his managerial career is void whilst working for this circus in charge.   

Exactly. Utterly mystifies me. Can only assume it's the ABU tendency 

9 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

What price that Tuesday’s game is the last for a month? 

Have the EFL said what they'll do this season if the worst comes to the worst?

How far in to the season do we have to get before they could decide promotion/relegation based on points-per-game?

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Have the EFL said what they'll do this season if the worst comes to the worst?

How far in to the season do we have to get before they could decide promotion/relegation based on points-per-game?

If conditions in the country prevent the season finishing  promotion and relegation will be least of anybody’s worries 

8 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

So is Rowe now 6th choice behind Blackwood MacAleny Grant Dunn Dearnley ?

McAleny isn't in the squad, not sure what Blackwood will bring to the team, last time he played he looked clueless, especially with 2 of the goals we conceded in that match.

Archived