MATCH: Cheltenham

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In just over 24 hours the team sheet for this match will be released.

Assuming that the players who didn’t start at Salford are all now ready to play a full game...and that McEleny has shaken off his injury and that the isolating players (Garrity and Jombati?) are back... it means that the team for tomorrow evening can only be our strongest(*) starting eleven... can it not? 

Lawlor, Clarke, Piergianni, Ntambwe, McEleny, Rowe and Dearnley have to be the first seven names on the sheet. If we are again set up to play 3-1-3-3 that just leaves the third member of the back three, the two wing backs and the centre mid to be added.

I would be tempted to continue with Jameson at the back, Jombati and CBJ as wing backs and Whelan in the middle.

However, I fully expect to be shaking my head in disbelief once again when tomorrow’s starting eleven is known.

* It would be stronger if a certain erstwhile club captain was restored to the squad.

Just now, TheBigDog said:

In just over 24 hours the team sheet for this match will be released.

Assuming that the players who didn’t start at Salford are all now ready to play a full game...and that McEleny has shaken off his injury and that the isolating players (Garrity and Jombati?) are back... it means that the team for tomorrow evening can only be our strongest(*) starting eleven... can it not? 

Lawlor, Clarke, Piergianni, Ntambwe, McEleny, Rowe and Dearnley have to be the first seven names on the sheet. If we are again set up to play 3-1-3-3 that just leaves the third member of the back three, the two wing backs and the centre mid to be added.

I would be tempted to continue with Jameson at the back, Jombati and CBJ as wing backs and Whelan in the middle.

However, I fully expect to be shaking my head in disbelief once again when tomorrow’s starting eleven is known.

* It would be stronger if a certain erstwhile club captain was restored to the squad.

Just list MOs favourites? that's the likely team for tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

We need a win tomorrow must be getting to some record before first win of season at home....Hope they have watched them play got a guy that throws the ball a very long way  in which will for sure cause us problems.

I remember the season we went down from the Premier, we didn't win at home till December - think it was against Swindon (2-1). 

Had several spells in other seasons (went 11 without a win at all in 1996/97 & went down) before we hammered Port Vale 3-0 but that was in October, might have been home game number 6 I would have thought    

1 minute ago, unsworth blue said:

I remember the season we went down from the Premier, we didn't win at home till December - think it was against Swindon (2-1). 

Had several spells in other seasons (went 11 without a win at all in 1996/97 & went down) before we hammered Port Vale 3-0 but that was in October, might have been home game number 6 I would have thought    

Didn’t we win our first home game 5 -3 or something against Charlton the season after we got relegated from Premier?

5 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Didn’t we win our first home game 5 -3 or something against Charlton the season after we got relegated from Premier?

We beat them 5-2 on the opening day of the season BDC, 1-2 down at half time as well. Lee Richardson scored two pearlers on his debut, thought we would easily return to the Premiership!!! How wrong we were   

49 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

We beat them 5-2 on the opening day of the season BDC, 1-2 down at half time as well. Lee Richardson scored two pearlers on his debut, thought we would easily return to the Premiership!!! How wrong we were   

I think you are giving up on our return too easily...I have no doubt that Mo has a plan 😀

The fact that we are almost a 3/1 shot to beat the mighty Cheltenham at home, that they are also odds on to win, and that we trail the likes of Newport, Cambridge, Forest Green, Crawley, Salford, Morecambe, Harrogate and fucking Barrow in this dog shit of a league should finally convince any remaining supporters that we are on a one way ticket to oblivion under these 🤡🤡🤡🤡’s!!!

I have never, ever, previously wanted us to lose a game but I sincerely hope we get fucking hammered tomorrow if it will finally convince this lot that they need to fuck right off!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again......the longer they stay here the worse our situation will become!

********ABDALLAH OUT*********

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

The fact that we are almost a 3/1 shot to beat the mighty Cheltenham at home, that they are also odds on to win, and that we trail the likes of Newport, Cambridge, Forest Green, Crawley, Salford, Morecambe, Harrogate and fucking Barrow in this dog shit of a league should finally convince any remaining supporters that we are on a one way ticket to oblivion under these 🤡🤡🤡🤡’s!!!

I have never, ever, previously wanted us to lose a game but I sincerely hope we get fucking hammered tomorrow if it will finally convince this lot that they need to fuck right off!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again......the longer they stay here the worse our situation will become!

********ABDALLAH OUT*********

Even if Latics get hammered, the situation will not change.

Thick skinned?
Thick skulled?
Just thick?

I have no idea what it will take to oust the circus masters out.

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I remember that game and leaping out of my seat when Lee Richardson displayed the fine art of shooting from near the half way line. I was optimistic until they lost to Southend [I think] at BP. I also seem to recall Richardson scoring from the centre circle, in a foggy match.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I remember that game and leaping out of my seat when Lee Richardson displayed the fine art of shooting from near the half way line. I was optimistic until they lost to Southend [I think] at BP. I also seem to recall Richardson scoring from the centre circle, in a foggy match.

Wasn’t that Brennan.

How did it come to this we smashed Charlton we had big joe, after he signed a midfielder who scored two screamers

On his debut. It's  from bad to abysmal. No team has fallen without a crumb of success along than way as us. Swindon Bradford similar teams who graced the prem have had some form of success. We've dropped and dropped and dropped.

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

How did it come to this we smashed Charlton we had big joe, after he signed a midfielder who scored two screamers

On his debut. It's  from bad to abysmal. No team has fallen without a crumb of success along than way as us. Swindon Bradford similar teams who graced the prem have had some form of success. We've dropped and dropped and dropped.

often happens after selling your best players.

Ntambwe probably the only player to come out with any credit after the last game.

Personally I’d go with:

Bilboe

Hamer

Clarke

Pierganni

Barnett

Ntambwe

McAlmont

Bahamboula

Rowe

McAleny

Dearnley