Update on Wheater

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

You'd swear it was spoof!!🤣🤣🤣

I know - when does any club anywhere announce a players injury with “not available for the first team squad for the foreseeable future” or words to that effect?

so much for no more cringe inducing statements 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know - when does any club anywhere announce a players injury with “not available for the first team squad for the foreseeable future” or words to that effect?

and let speculation rage while he had a Covid diagnosis and concussion.  There's almost literally nothing they could say about anything that won't be greeted with scorn and disbelief.  Only themselves to blame.  Wonder what sort of dog he's got; let's hope it's a St Bernard; if it turns out to be a chihuahua he'll never be able to look himself in the mirror!

"Misinformation and conjecture on all social media" 😳

They told us on Sep 21st he "would no longer be part of the first team squad", and nothing has been said officially since then.

But they're now disappointed in Wheater that he hasn't told everyone the full story?!?!

Karl, if you're reading... it's exactly this kind of bullshit hoodwinking that gets fans backs up so much.

Further more when directly asked why did Harry Kewell not say

”David has a back injury which he is being treated for”

instead of that “the player has a contract and the club will honour it I don’t see a problem” bolloocks???

they really can get to fuck the lot of them - shithouses 

How strange that the club were happy to announce that Wheater and Woods would no longer be available for first team football, but not a word about Covid, concussion or an injury. 

Kewell kept bloody quiet about it as well.

And what's this bollocks about the club not wanting to prevent him playing football if he's not in contention for a first team place? Oh, I get it. He CAN play football, as long as it's only for the yoofs.

As for him moving house, why is that unacceptable? Does his contract say he can only live "x" miles away from the club?

Yet another own goal from Numbnuts IMHO. He really does take us for mugs.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

How strange that the club were happy to announce that Wheater and Woods would no longer be available for first team football, but not a word about Covid, concussion or an injury. 

Kewell kept bloody quiet about it as well.

And what's this bollocks about the club not wanting to prevent him playing football if he's not in contention for a first team place? Oh, I get it. He CAN play football, as long as it's only for the yoofs.

As for him moving house, why is that unacceptable? Does his contract say he can only live "x" miles away from the club?

Yet another own goal from Numbnuts IMHO. He really does take us for mugs.

I would say that's unusually quite smart on their part. Not sure Wheater is covering himself in glory in all this, surely he wants to play somewhere, get a settlement done and move on for all our sakes.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I would say that's unusually quite smart on their part. Not sure Wheater is covering himself in glory in all this, surely he wants to play somewhere, get a settlement done and move on for all our sakes.

Yeah, but we started it...

Why are these grown adults (who should be worrying about more important things) really that arsed about what's on social media?  Absolute children.

Saving face their only target with regards to Latics.

He was withdrawn from the squad on the web site and we were told he was no longer available because he had covid, followed by concussion and then an injury???? Is this serious? How thick are we? If this was true, you just say 'he's unavailable because of A,B and C.'  We stripped him of the captaincy because he had covid, the bastard, and then we removed him from the web site just to teach him a lesson. Never get covid or we'll squeeze you out...sorry Harry, you're next.

What's moving house got to do with anything? Lots of players live in one area and then stay over in another, closer to the club. There have always been lots of Cheshire based players who play for clubs many miles away. 

This is one of the most abysmal club messages ever. Terrible. It's got AlMo all over it...or PC plod.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Their priority should be rebuilding the relationship with the fans with a view to selling season tickets/match passes/merchandise etc.

Not mugging them off while trying to score cheap social media points with one of their own players.

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course you’re right- that would be sensible- and professional. But it cuts both ways. I completely understand players wanting to give the club a taste of their own medicine. 

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yeah, but we started it...

Why are these grown adults (who should be worrying about more important things) really that arsed about what's on social media?  Absolute children.

Saving face their only target with regards to Latics.

Probably because they get hammered day in day out almost regardless of circumstance.

And yes I know they have brought it on themselves...

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course you’re right- that would be sensible- and professional. But it cuts both ways. I completely understand players wanting to give the club a taste of their own medicine. 

Imagine if Giles Coke had moved 200 miles away without telling anyone or called in sick after lifting his dog up...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Probably because they get hammered day in day out almost regardless of circumstance.

And yes I know they have brought it on themselves...

It's gone so far that the default assumption is that anything they publish is bollocks unless it can be readily proven otherwise.

Archived