Update on Wheater

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

While the club shoots itself in the foot in the process.

Again- depending on your point of view. Do you think AL thinks he’s shot himself in the foot? I don’t. 

If you were a company owner, and some of your staff refused to help in a crisis and wanted their full salary. (As is their right) Would you be pissed off?  

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Again- depending on your point of view. Do you think AL thinks he’s shot himself in the foot? I don’t. 

If you were a company owner, and some of your staff refused to help in a crisis and wanted their full salary. (As is their right) Would you be pissed off?  

It's not just this case though. 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That is a stupid comment - the club won’t let him

really want to sleep with Jennifer Lawrence - she won’t let me

So there is no misunderstanding, I am not a fan of the current regime 

As far as we know and to my knowledge not denied by Wheater

- Wage dispute 💰
- Positive Covid test ⚠️
- Getting concussion 🤕
- Injured picking up his dog 🐕 
- Moving house increasing mileage🏠

For me, it doesnt read like someone pulling up trees to play for our shirt 

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Seriously!!

Have you not noticed how many goals we have let in?  I for one would be happy take that gamble a couple of times to see how it works out.

When we had Hamer at right back and Jombati and Piergianni in the middle, that's when we were desperate for Wheater to come in IMO.

With Clarke in the centre we aren't watertight by any means, but it's certainly an improvement.

All things being equal I'd have wanted Wheater as our starting centre back this season, but four months down the line and short on match practice I'm not convinced that he would make a significant difference in place of Clarke or Pidge.  We'd still have a midfield that offers limited protection to the defence (Ntambwe aside).

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

When we had Hamer at right back and Jombati and Piergianni in the middle, that's when we were desperate for Wheater to come in IMO.

With Clarke in the centre we aren't watertight by any means, but it's certainly an improvement.

All things being equal I'd have wanted Wheater as our starting centre back this season, but four months down the line and short on match practice I'm not convinced that he would make a significant difference in place of Clarke or Pidge.  We'd still have a midfield that offers limited protection to the defence (Ntambwe aside).

It wouldn't take him that long at all 2-3 weeks max of full training and game time. Clarke and Piergianni should be competing for the 1 spot next to him.

It's just bad management/outright incompetence that's caused this with him in the team we would be in contention with a play off place. 

26 minutes ago, tGWB said:

So there is no misunderstanding, I am not a fan of the current regime 

As far as we know and to my knowledge not denied by Wheater

- Wage dispute 💰
- Positive Covid test ⚠️
- Getting concussion 🤕
- Injured picking up his dog 🐕 
- Moving house increasing mileage🏠

For me, it doesnt read like someone pulling up trees to play for our shirt 

mm wage dispute - he is contracted to be paid x amount - I’d fight tooth and nail if that was to be reduced 

COVID - bored to the back teeth of that 

- concussion - why has he been removed from the squad list? Doesn’t happen to other injured players 

- dog injury as above and why was this only disclosed after fan pressure abs the “David Wheater and Gary woods will no longer feature for the first team” - does Gary have a heavy dog too? 

moving house - I work for a multi million pound construction company - our head office is in Preston. Our Health and Safety manager lives in Wales, our Environment manager in Crewe and our Managing director in London - guess what? None of them are playing with the kids 

26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

moving house - I work for a multi million pound construction company - our head office is in Preston. Our Health and Safety manager lives in Wales, our Environment manager in Crewe and our Managing director in London - guess what? None of them are playing with the kids 

Its okay to disagree 

Regarding yourself and your work colleagues, with respect, your contribution to your team will be reliant on your knowledge, youre not expected to compete against athletes 10 years your junior on a football pitch

Sometimes its just best to move on, regardless of your profession 

17 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Its okay to disagree 

Regarding yourself and your work colleagues, with respect, your contribution to your team will be reliant on your knowledge, youre not expected to compete against athletes 10 years your junior on a football pitch

Sometimes its just best to move on, regardless of your profession 

Quite. 

People take it very personally when you offer a different view, particularly when it doesn’t fit the popular narrative. It’s just debate that’s all. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

It wouldn't take him that long at all 2-3 weeks max of full training and game time. Clarke and Piergianni should be competing for the 1 spot next to him.

It's just bad management/outright incompetence that's caused this with him in the team we would be in contention with a play off place. 

He played every game last season in a side that finished 19th. 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

mm wage dispute - he is contracted to be paid x amount - I’d fight tooth and nail if that was to be reduced 

- concussion - why has he been removed from the squad list? Doesn’t happen to other injured players 

- dog injury as above and why was this only disclosed after fan pressure abs the “David Wheater and Gary woods will no longer feature for the first team” - does Gary have a heavy dog too? 

You may be bored with Covid. (As am I) But they didn’t fall out over nothing they fell out over pay when covid hit. Before covid he played every game. Some players thought what was offered was reasonable - others didn’t. That’s life. What’s happened since is a stand off from both sides IMO- most of it laughable bollocks. 

Best for all if he moves on. 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I should hope not...

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t shoot the messenger, but this morning I have been told by a club employee that Wheater has not been ‘exiled’ as reported in the Oldham Times. 

He confirmed that he’s back with the academy lads and that the sole reason he is excluded from training with the 1st team squad is because he is not yet at the minimum fitness levels required to be able to actively take part. 

I find that hard to believe as he’s been ‘out’ since late November, however, if he does have a back problem it can sometimes be a long road back. 

This maybe more bullshit but if true there is absolutely no chance of him moving on in this window!! 

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, but this morning I have been told by a club employee that Wheater has not been ‘exiled’ as reported in the Oldham Times. 

He confirmed that he’s back with the academy lads and that the sole reason he is excluded from training with the 1st team squad is because he is not yet at the minimum fitness levels required to be able to actively take part. 

I find that hard to believe as he’s been ‘out’ since late November, however, if he does have a back problem it can sometimes be a long road back. 

This maybe more bullshit but if true there is absolutely no chance of him moving on in this window!! 

Sounds like exiled to me...

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

So what level of training do the academy lads do if a 31 year old with a bad back is fit enough to train with them .....nobody coming through from there any time soon then  

45 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

So what level of training do the academy lads do if a 31 year old with a bad back is fit enough to train with them .....nobody coming through from there any time soon then  

That's a bit of a leap, isn't it?
You think Wheater could run around as much as they do, anyway? :D 

• 2 months later...

Archived