Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

This has got Fat Barry written all over it. Our club is a joke, how unprofessional can you get and just outright lies to the fans. 

I'm struggling to see where the lies are to be honest. Wheater certainly doesn't seem to have refuted any of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a truly ridiculous comparison, you've made a complete tit of yourself there.    Moreover, the dig at PTB is unfair and completely unjustified.

If raising awareness of the shocking behaviour from the club to a long list of playing and non playing staff is ‘Causing trouble’ in your eyes then yes we are. How many more experienced/ and or qualit

So Byrne, Fane, Gerrard, Davies, Mills, Woods and so on should keep happening? Because fans shouldn’t get involved? That mentality has got us in this position at what point do you stand back and go we

I am glad that the club have actually responded about David Wheater, presumably after the article in the Telegraph, and the PTB meeting with Karl Evans referred to a response from the club so at least they have done that. 

 

I am not that bothered about the ins and outs of it, take it with a pinch of salt, interesting about the dog injury but there we are. 

 

We need to move forward as a club and if actually identifying that said David Wheater is not banned then surely they should at least select him in a squad in the not too distant future. If he could make a positive difference to our team (and he could) then forget this childish facade, whoever is to blame, and get him in the squad           

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm struggling to see where the lies are to be honest. Wheater certainly doesn't seem to have refuted any of them.

The lies are in the half truths deyres.  Wheater was training and playing pre-season. He was dropped from the squad at the season start because he was still in dispute. He had Covid 10 days.  Following that he was playing with 15 and 16 yr olds, "he was selected to play in a match".  The usual bullying tactics we see here. He suffered a concussion, so I'm guessing we was working hard to try to stay fit. Lots of players live far away and stay somewhere local when training etc. 

 

This statement is such an unprofessional attempt to make him look bad. ~ it is disappointing that David has not provided the information below as he is usually active on social media"  Catty Mioaw !!!

 

Bazza all over it this one!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I am glad that the club have actually responded about David Wheater, presumably after the article in the Telegraph, and the PTB meeting with Karl Evans referred to a response from the club so at least they have done that. 

 

I am not that bothered about the ins and outs of it, take it with a pinch of salt, interesting about the dog injury but there we are. 

 

We need to move forward as a club and if actually identifying that said David Wheater is not banned then surely they should at least select him in a squad in the not too distant future. If he could make a positive difference to our team (and he could) then forget this childish facade, whoever is to blame, and get him in the squad           

Stranger things have happened but I don't think it is plausible to select a player who has taken legal action against you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I am glad that the club have actually responded about David Wheater, presumably after the article in the Telegraph, and the PTB meeting with Karl Evans referred to a response from the club so at least they have done that. 

 

I am not that bothered about the ins and outs of it, take it with a pinch of salt, interesting about the dog injury but there we are. 

 

We need to move forward as a club and if actually identifying that said David Wheater is not banned then surely they should at least select him in a squad in the not too distant future. If he could make a positive difference to our team (and he could) then forget this childish facade, whoever is to blame, and get him in the squad           

Big dog will be devastated for Clarke- we’ve only conceded 6 in 3 since he joined up with the man-the myth-the legend that is Carl Piergianni. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Stranger things have happened but I don't think it is plausible to select a player who has taken legal action against you.

 

Has he taken legal action against the club Eyresey? 

 

Would muddy the waters I suspect but if Wheater insists he wants to play for OAFC and he is not unfit, would think that the club should at least include him in the squad as he is likely to improve the team/bench

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a history of banishing players under this regime, okay a few may have inflated egos or been characters. But I certainly believe the club is the issue here and not the players. 
Can someone make a list of the players that have been banished ? I bet it’s a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The lies are in the half truths deyres.  Wheater was training and playing pre-season. He was dropped from the squad at the season start because he was still in dispute. He had Covid 10 days.  Following that he was playing with 15 and 16 yr olds, "he was selected to play in a match".  The usual bullying tactics we see here. He suffered a concussion, so I'm guessing we was working hard to try to stay fit. Lots of players live far away and stay somewhere local when training etc. 

 

This statement is such an unprofessional attempt to make him look bad. ~ it is disappointing that David has not provided the information below as he is usually active on social media"  Catty Mioaw !!!

 

Bazza all over it this one!

Any less professional than PTB and their campaign/publicity stunt?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Big dog will be devastated for Clarke- we’ve only conceded 6 in 3 since he joined up with the man-the myth-the legend that is Carl Piergianni. 

 

was it not allegedly Big Dog the culprit who caused Wheater's injury though?   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, unsworth blue said:

 

Has he taken legal action against the club Eyresey? 

 

Would muddy the waters I suspect but if Wheater insists he wants to play for OAFC and he is not unfit, would think that the club should at least include him in the squad as he is likely to improve the team/bench

 

 

He'll just be following PFA advice with that line, same as turning out for the youths, wouldn't read too much into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any less professional than PTB and their campaign/publicity stunt?

 

One is a fan group who just the want the best for their club Eyresy, they do not have to be professional. 

 

The other is a professional football club who should want the best for their club and by definition, should act professionally but often fall short     

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He'll just be following PFA advice with that line, same as turning out for the youths, wouldn't read too much into it.

 

I wasn't aware he had taken legal action and am not reading anything into it, I just want the club to have him available for selection if he is fit and not just sidelined for non-footballing reasons. 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We have a history of banishing players under this regime, okay a few may have inflated egos or been characters. But I certainly believe the club is the issue here and not the players. 
Can someone make a list of the players that have been banished ? I bet it’s a lot. 

 

Think I have seen one Light - was in the 10s at least since this regime took over out of maybe 68 players. Either way, far too many ditched/ left out for non-footballing reasons     

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a credibility issue here. The (changing) story doesn't add up. When seen in the light of everything else over their tenure it starts to smell a bit off.

 

On the distance front. I think that is a matter for the club to be concerned about but not one to make public in such a manner.

I doubt he is traveling in a chaufeur driven limo- so stress, lack of mobility etc all come into play. Pre-covid I was doing 500 miles a week commute and I found it draining.

 I have half a memory of Currie and Jobson getting stuck on the M62 ( think they lived Hull way) and missing kick off with Jobson being subbed on when he did arrive. 

But there are ways around that. They don't train every day, I'm sure getting a place in Oldham wouldn't break the bank,.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

I think there is a credibility issue here. The (changing) story doesn't add up. When seen in the light of everything else over their tenure it starts to smell a bit off.

 

It 'starts' to smell?? 

 

We're at the arse end of a badly managed landfill after a long hot summer. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

I have half a memory of Currie and Jobson getting stuck on the M62 ( think they lived Hull way) and missing kick off with Jobson being subbed on when he did arrive. 

 

Cliff Byrne commuted from Scunthorpe (ish) for 18 months. 

 

The statement is laughable. It doesn't stack up to previous statements, it doesn't explain why Wheater's profile was removed from the squad page, it doesn't explain all the smoke and mirrors over the past few months. 

 

Whilst I assume this is the work of our esteemed board of directors, interesting to see Dean Cox who played under Kewell at Crawley tweet this in response.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Come on Barry, we know you read this.  Please stop insulting our intelligence

Him just being at the club is insulting our intelligence.
Wheater isn't even in the squad list on the official.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Any less professional than PTB and their campaign/publicity stunt?

What a truly ridiculous comparison, you've made a complete tit of yourself there. 

 

Moreover, the dig at PTB is unfair and completely unjustified.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...