Update on Wheater

Just now, League one forever said:

In the right for what? 

Collecting his money isn’t being disputed. 

Is he in the right for seeing 18 months of his career drift away. Debatable. And only he will know if he’s doing the ‘right’ thing by himself. 

Interesting that because of our owners everyone is on Wheater side. Usually when the top earner sits his contract out he becomes a pariah with the fans. 

He is legally entitled to “sit on his contract” so that makes him in the right

if my employer sent me to play with the cleaners (bullying) to try and force me out id tell him to fuck off as well and every court in the land would side with me

nothing to do with the owner being a cunt he’s just in the wrong 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

So if your boss wants to pay off your contract. Normally that means pay off what you would be due to be paid over the whole course of your contract. Maybe you may agree to a small reduction to reflect that you are leaving early and can get another job.  ( older players may not find another job and would want playing in full)

Well at Oldham this is a little different.  “You better take the pay off or else I will make you get up every morning and run on your own around a track and play with 14 and 15 year old kids for the next twelve months!

Do you know what he was offered? Or- are you guessing? 

I’m sure he is very comfortable ‘being made to run around a track’ for 5 bags. I don’t feel sorry for the lad. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Do you know what he was offered? Or- are you guessing? 

I’m sure he is very comfortable ‘being made to run around a track’ for 5 bags. I don’t feel sorry for the lad. 

I don’t know what Wheater was offered, but I did talk to Giles Coke about it so know what type of deals the club offer.  

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He is legally entitled to “sit on his contract” so that makes him in the right

if my employer sent me to play with the cleaners (bullying) to try and force me out id tell him to fuck off as well and every court in the land would side with me

nothing to do with the owner being a cunt he’s just in the wrong 

Eh?? 

I know he’s legally in his right. That doesn’t make him right. Big difference.

I’ve personally no idea, but I’m willing to keep an open mind. Rather than be assumptive. 

All this about his ‘treatment’ makes me laugh as well. Club falls out with player and makes him train with kids. . . Shock. . . Horror. . .Happens all the time at every club. It’s hardly news. Also how did Rowe find a way back in? maybe he met the owners half way at the time? 

Not everything all the time is the owners fault. (It is most of the time😉) It takes two to tango. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh?? 

I’ve personally no idea, but I’m willing to keep an open mind. Rather than be assumptive. 

All this about his ‘treatment’ makes me laugh as well. Club falls out with player and makes him train with kids. . . Shock. . . Horror. . .Happens all the time at every club. It’s hardly news. Also how did Rowe find a way back in? maybe he met the owners half way at the time? 

Not everything all the time is the owners fault. (It is most of the time😉) It takes two to tango. 

Club says “fuck off and here’s a payoff (no doubt less than the full contract”

player “nah I’d rather see out my contract and I’m free to play”

club “fuck off to the youth team and we will keep on paying you unless you fuck off”

player “ok cheers”

yeah club has the moral high ground I agree Jesus wept 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh?? 

It happens too often at OAFC though. If AL wants a player out he decides to humiliate them into leaving. Corney just paid them off, AL probably offers peanuts for them to go. 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Club says “fuck off and here’s a payoff (no doubt less than the full contract”

player “nah I’d rather see out my contract and I’m free to play”

club “fuck off to the youth team and we will keep on paying you unless you fuck off”

player “ok cheers”

yeah club has the moral high ground I agree Jesus wept 

Will you help us out in a pandemic? 

Er, not really. I want my contract in full. 

Really? The other lads have said they will. 

Well, that’s up to them. 

So you’re not willing to help? 

You heard what I said. 

Right, if that’s your attitude we don’t want near the team. 

yeah player has a high moral ground I agree. Jesus wept. 

Like I said- Right and wrong is situational. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Well, that’s up to them. 

So you’re not willing to help? 

You heard what I said. 

Right, if that’s your attitude we don’t want near the team. 

yeah player has a high moral ground I agree. Jesus wept. 

Like I said- Right and wrong is situational. 

Fuck the pandemic- absolute bollocks even bringing it up - have a good night 

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It happens too often at OAFC though. If AL wants a player out he decides to humiliate them into leaving. Corney just paid them off, AL probably offers peanuts for them to go. 

Aye. That’s fair. There is no doubt it’s his way or out. But he’s the owner and it’s his money and just occasionally maybe his way is right. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Aye. That’s fair. There is no doubt it’s his way or out. But he’s the owner and it’s his money and just occasionally maybe his way is right. 

OMG.

I hope you are never in charge of anything where people rely on you to pay their wages.

Do you really think it’s ok if you own the company, just to bully people into leaving?

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Wasn’t expecting them to be listed one by one. Just wondering if it did actually happen all the time at every club. 

I know mate- sometimes text doesn’t travel well. 

It happens at other clubs,  but I do accept it happens more often with us because it’s his way or out. 

46 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That's not true either. There were 7 (I think) who wanted their contracts in full. Most have left the club now, but there is definitely one other still at the club who was in dispute with the club right up until the eve of the new season...

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

OMG.

I hope you are never in charge of anything where people rely on you to pay their wages.

Do you really think it’s ok if you own the company, just to bully people into leaving?

You’re making things up. 

Where did I say it’s ok bully? Are you implying I advocate bullying?

You don’t even know me, and I ask you to think before you type incendiary remarks like that. 

As far as I can see there is dispute between player and club. The club don’t want him near the first team after falling out, and the player is collecting his money as he is quite entitled to do and has the PFA and and the courts to make sure he gets what he is owed. 

It happens regularly at clubs, as the player usually always wins. 

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

That's not true either. There were 7 (I think) who wanted their contracts in full. Most have left the club now, but there is definitely one other still at the club who was in dispute with the club right up until the eve of the new season...

AL is a fool if he ever thought he could get out of player contracts. My guess is he knew the players had him over a barrel with their contracts, and when they wouldn’t help him. (As is their right) he saw his arse. 

18 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Danny Rowe?

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Well at Oldham this is a little different.  “You better take the pay off or else I will make you get up every morning and run on your own around a track and play with 14 and 15 year old kids for the next twelve months!

But you forgot-we will still have to pay you your wages for doing just that above. OK less any bonus or appearance monies but still a basic wage.

How it makes any business sense from the owners point of view fails me.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

In the right for what? 

Collecting his money isn’t being disputed. 

Is he in the right for seeing 18 months of his career drift away. Debatable. And only he will know if he’s doing the ‘right’ thing by himself. 

Interesting that because of our owners everyone is on Wheater side. Usually when the top earner sits his contract out he becomes a pariah with the fans. 

The reason for this, is that it is happening far too often with this ownership, for it not be the players fault. 

Archived