Jump to content

Hampton & MATCH: Richmond Borough FC. FA Cup First Round.


Recommended Posts

It was almost two years ago that Latics played at H&RB in the first round of the cup. The game was moved to Monday evening and shown live. Obviously a shock result was anticipated by the broadcasters and it almost happened with Latics behind  1-0 as the game moved in to the 88th minute.

A lung bursting run from Gardner culminating in a fine finish by Hunt got us back level followed by O’Grady flicking on for Lang to turn his man and fire home in the 94th minute. A stay of execution for Bunn but not for long...

 

Of the match-day squad only one is still at the club:

Team:  Iversen, Hunt, Clarke, Edmundson, Taylor, Dummigan, Lyden, Gardner, Lang, Miller, Baxter.

Subs: Coke, O’Grady, Missilou, Branger, McFarlane, Maouche, Hamer 

 

There were some fine players in that squad and yet, though we bossed the game for the most part, it took that last minute winner to send us through to round 2.

 

This year with arguably a less talented group of players we should probably anticipate another close encounter. I shall be watching on iPlayer on Sunday. I’m expecting us to win but...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get in Danny Rowe. Magister currently punching his cat in the face in anger

Clarke's a very good player, isn't he. For someone so young, and nurtured in the cotton wool rarified world of elite football, he really gets stuck in. Very talented player.

A fair indication of where we are. 

H&RB kicked lumps out of us two years ago and the ref didn't have a clue. If they still play the same way, hopefully we'll be a bit street wise, hit them with pace, draw them in to fouls that the ref can't miss. And, for Christ's sake get an early lead.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

H&RB kicked lumps out of us two years ago and the ref didn't have a clue. If they still play the same way, hopefully we'll be a bit street wise, hit them with pace, draw them in to fouls that the ref can't miss. And, for Christ's sake get an early lead.

Average age 22, maybe unlikely to be streetwise. 

 

Wonder if all loanees are available 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Still think we would have gone up that year if bunn had stayed and strengthen a little in jan.

 

If we had replaced Surridge with someone half decent who could find the net I think we would have gone up also

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, al_bro said:

We will probably be without our quickest strikers Dearnley and McAleny. 

 

We haven’t heard anything from the club about McAleny’s injury, or Badan’s either. We know that Dearnley has a groin strain and could be out for 3-4 weeks but it would be nice to have an update occasionally.

Come to think of it, shouldn’t Jombati be back by now? 

 

Looking at positives, it does seem that a number of players are making good progress. The short rest seems to have done Hamer good while Jameson and Clarke are getting more confident with each game. CBJ is looking like a strong competitor while Barnett did well throughout the game. And our #frenchandbelgianlads, Bahamboula and Ntambwe, look fairly decent too. 😎

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

We haven’t heard anything from the club about McAleny’s injury, or Badan’s either. We know that Dearnley has a groin strain and could be out for 3-4 weeks but it would be nice to have an update occasionally.

Come to think of it, shouldn’t Jombati be back by now? 

 

Looking at positives, it does seem that a number of players are making good progress. The short rest seems to have done Hamer good while Jameson and Clarke are getting more confident with each game. CBJ is looking like a strong competitor while Barnett did well throughout the game. And our #frenchandbelgianlads, Bahamboula and Ntambwe, look fairly decent too. 😎

 

 

 

Fuckinelll you sound like that Monty chap 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, Dave_Og said:

Average age 22, maybe unlikely to be streetwise. 

 

Wonder if all loanees are available 

Well. I can't see Arsenal refusing Clarke. Wrexham are already out, so Grant should be fine. So down to Lawlor and Garrity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt changed the title to Hampton & MATCH: Richmond Borough FC. FA Cup First Round.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...