MATCH: Bradford (A) Papa John's Trophy

This is a contender for the least important game in our history.

For anyone who does care about the competition, there's no way that we can't finish top of the group, so there's nothing riding on it at all.

With Scunny at home on Saturday and a great chance to get 9 or 10 points clear of the drop (and maybe even pushing towards mid table) added to the fact that we're short on fit players (going off not being able to fill the bench today), there's no way that we should be playing any player who played today who we need on Saturday.

So with that in mind, are there any youngsters in particular that deserve a game?  Surely confidence would be high for them after the 6-0 win against FCUM.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

This might of been discussed elsewhere but why isn't Wheater on the official website first team player's page?  

I'm willing to venture that it's not because last week's statement was a full and frank disclosure of all relevant matters..... 

15 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

This is a contender for the least important game in our history.

For anyone who does care about the competition, there's no way that we can't finish top of the group, so there's nothing riding on it at all.

With Scunny at home on Saturday and a great chance to get 9 or 10 points clear of the drop (and maybe even pushing towards mid table) added to the fact that we're short on fit players (going off not being able to fill the bench today), there's no way that we should be playing any player who played today who we need on Saturday.

So with that in mind, are there any youngsters in particular that deserve a game?  Surely confidence would be high for them after the 6-0 win against FCUM.

Don't think many of the youngsters are ready to be called up. More likely a reshuffle with those left out at Hampton starting.

14 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Excellent posts from Bosh and MM there resulting in my lad shouting down the stairs 'why are you sat in your bathroom laughing you weirdo'

Jus gona ignore him cos I can imagine his eye rolls that I'm back talking to people on the internet.

You have your own bathroom? Oh how the other half live their lives 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think many of the youngsters are ready to be called up. More likely a reshuffle with those left out at Hampton starting.

Were there many available who were left out? Piergianni, Hamer, Bilboe, MacAleny and Dearnley all unavailable for various reasons 

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Well in that case I'd go for:

Chapman

Fage

Jombati

Jameson

Barnett

McCalmont

Whelan

Hough

Keillor-Dunn

Blackwood

Grant

If there's any other youngsters who could replace first teamers that would be ideal as well.  Just as long as we don't play any key players.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

TMB says in the OP we top the group whatever happens tomorrow. 

I think we get a few thousand for winning each group stage match.

That said, if our squad is that depleted already I hope we prioritise the league.  Wouldn't put it past the owners not to though.

22 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

TMB says in the OP we top the group whatever happens tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I think we get a few thousand for winning each group stage match.

That said, if our squad is that depleted already I hope we prioritise the league.  Wouldn't put it past the owners not to though.

It's £10,000 for winning a group game.  Obviously we should be prioritising the league and I would hope we do, but we live a fairly hand to mouth existance at the moment so wouldn't be surprised if we go as full strength as possible.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's £10,000 for winning a group game.  Obviously we should be prioritising the league and I would hope we do, but we live a fairly hand to mouth existance at the moment so wouldn't be surprised if we go as full strength as possible.

Fair enough. I'd still play the back four as above. Perhaps add Shitpeas to run the channels. 

Archived