MATCH: Bradford (A) Papa John's Trophy

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He couldn't stop scoring pre-season, let's hope he's back in the same form.

Put himself about, his best performance of the season.

This squad isn't the most talented, but can't fault the work ethic to the very end of games.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Apart from the 2 goals I thought Whelan was more industrious than McCalmont.

I agree BP I honestly believe there is a top player in there once he gets a bit more experience . He does a lot of un noticed work and covers a lot of ground in a match.

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

3-1 win. Good performances from Lawlor, Hamer, McAlmont, DKD and Rowe tonight. Nice cameos from Moyo and DaSilva. Should have scored 4 or 5 to be fair. Fwiw Roy gave MoM to Rowe. 😊

10 hours ago, Careca9 said:

How long since we scored for fun game after game. Although the quality is at times as poor as ever it is refreshing to see plenty of goals recently. 

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Apart from the 2 goals I thought Whelan was more industrious than McCalmont.

A good win with some good performances but agree with @Careca9that there were the usual  failings on display last night. 

Some of the passing and shooting was poor. And the team does have periods in the game where collectively players seem to switch off. 

However the recent results indicate that the team as a whole is improving. Whelan did work hard @BP1960and could be some player at this level but still looks too lightweight.

Jombati needs to improve his passing game and Blackwood should attend a Rowe masterclass in ‘how to strike a football’. Neither of the last two should be in our starting eleven on Saturday 🤔

And finally a word or two about the talent that is Danny Rowe.  Could it be that Kewell has finally realised how to play our mercurial forward?  He has shown what many of the fans have known for a while that he is best used as a deeper lying striker linking the play. 

In my opinion he was again rightly named the MotM last night.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Put himself about, his best performance of the season.

This squad isn't the most talented, but can't fault the work ethic to the very end of games.

Yes I thought this on Sunday in what was a tough game.

A team that has this work ethic won't be easy to beat in most games. We've got a mini-run going which must build confidence. We're still some way off a promotion challenge at the moment but if Wheater is back in favour and the injured players return then we should finally start to climb the table.

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

in three different competitions.  Any stattos know if that's happened before?

Last time was in 2013 under LJ.

FLT - Notts Co home - won 5-1

FA Cup (replay) - Wolves away - won 2-1

L1 - Gillingham away - won 1-0

We then won the next FA cup game also away at Mansfield to tee up the Liverpool game at Anfield.

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Last time was in 2013 under LJ.

FLT - Notts Co home - won 5-1

FA Cup (replay) - Wolves away - won 2-1

L1 - Gillingham away - won 1-0

We then won the next FA cup game also away at Mansfield to tee up the Liverpool game at Anfield.

good shout

Blackwood was hopeless. Diarra looks decent, and could be used to break up play in midfield to protect the defence. The rest all had good games, Rowe especially. He seemed to be playing wide on the left. Will he start on Saturday though, after being allowed to stay on for the second game in a row? He should, but we will see.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Blackwood was hopeless. Diarra looks decent, and could be used to break up play in midfield to protect the defence. The rest all had good games, Rowe especially. He seemed to be playing wide on the left. Will he start on Saturday though, after being allowed to stay on for the second game in a row? He should, but we will see.

If Rowe doesn’t start Saturday he may aswell pack his bags and go home. 

28 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Took him a while but I reck HK is now over his negative first impression of Rowe.

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I hope so, but we shall see. Magister won't be happy if this is the case. 

The last four games Rowe has played are as follows:

13 minutes (Salford on a Saturday) 

30 minutes (Cheltenham on the following Tuesday)

90 minutes as captain (HRB on a Sunday) 

90 minutes (Bradford on the following Tuesday)

We have to hope, and I do believe it to be the case, that Kewell does now appreciate the skills that Rowe brings to the team and also how best to utilise those skills. 

It is also encouraging to see that Rowe’s fitness seems to have improved.

If come 14:00 on Saturday a certain D. Rowe is not in the starting eleven then H. Kewell will lose a lot of the credibility as a coach that he is slowly slowly building...

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

I'm mega on the tambourine, suffer w Aspergers, wear skinny jeans and hide away in my house at all available opportunities. Am I in?

Could make it difficult to tour but I think your tambourine would compliment my washboard nicely. You're in. 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I'm mega on the tambourine, suffer w Aspergers, wear skinny jeans and hide away in my house at all available opportunities. Am I in?

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Could make it difficult to tour but I think your tambourine would compliment my washboard nicely. You're in. 

With that kind of line up, you could do river trips with on board entertainment. Now, who do we know who has a boat? Preferably a positivity one.

6 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

With that kind of line up, you could do river trips with on board entertainment. Now, who do we know who has a boat? Preferably a positivity one.

AL has come onto the scene. He insisted that Mo be allowed to pick the rest of the line up. When we refused Colonel Barry Owen has deemed all venues unsafe to play in. Monty says Shitpeas is a twat, I say he's a cunt, Obuse Whinge says we can't swear. The band has split due to irreconcilable differences. 

7 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

So presumably 270< Magister < 360  ..what happens between 0 -90 and 180-270: or are we just going round in circles ?

I don't want to get pendantic here, but:

You don't need 360° - you're back to zero. 

No change in definition at 270°

Between 180° and back to zero - ask Simon Le Bon. 

For the first quadrant - I'll give you a crossword clue. 

Ex policeman on board goes into A&E and loses the end of his nut (5)

31 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Bobby emergency-lobotomy?

I used to go to school with him.

Leave him alone.

17 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

90° < Magister < 180°

8 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Without wishing to be obtuse or pedantic ( but when in Rome....)  your inability to spell it somewhat distracts from your geometrical definition. Try a different angle.

33 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Without wishing to be obtuse or pedantic ( but when in Rome....)  your inability to spell it somewhat distracts from your geometrical definition. Try a different angle.

Whooooooooosh 

Perfect. Pendants Corner © Shaun Keaveney 

Archived