Match Report vs Hampton & Richmond Borough

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Excellent report, that's 2 great battles now, no reason why Hampton  & Richmond can't go higher, they have some players who wouldn't look out of place in League 2.

Be interested to know how their team yesterday compared to the one two years ago 

25 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I see they have a league game tomorrow night, just over48 hours after the cup tie. I didn't see their manager complaining about this, in contrast to OGS' rant about United having to play Everton three days after Istanbul.

Interestingly the League did offer the opportunity to delay, but both sides would have to agree.  Unfortunately the opposition weren't happy to (quite understandably, they're on a run of five wins in six and want to try and continue that!...)

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Be interested to know how their team yesterday compared to the one two years ago 

It's very different, actually.  Most Hampton fans would agree that the current squad is much, much stronger than last time around - the manager certainly feels it's a stronger Hampton squad.  I'd tend to agree..  The side you played in 2018 was struggling at the wrong end of the league, and the majority are now playing at least one league below.  Only one player is still around (Tyrell Miller-Rodney, the lad who got sent off at the end).   

3 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

Interestingly the League did offer the opportunity to delay, but both sides would have to agree.  Unfortunately the opposition weren't happy to (quite understandably, they're on a run of five wins in six and want to try and continue that!...)

It's very different, actually.  Most Hampton fans would agree that the current squad is much, much stronger than last time around - the manager certainly feels it's a stronger Hampton squad.  I'd tend to agree..  The side you played in 2018 was struggling at the wrong end of the league, and the majority are now playing at least one league below.  Only one player is still around (Tyrell Miller-Rodney, the lad who got sent off at the end).   

Interesting as I think pretty much without exception every Oldham fan would agree that our side this year is much, much weaker than the one two years ago!  None of the players who played in that match featured yesterday.

Yeah it was noticeable that Oldham were very different as well - no Callum Lang for a start...  I thought some of your players looked really good though, and wasn't surprised to see your league results have started to pick up.

I really liked Bahamboula, and our coaches and players were very impressed with him as well.  Danny Rowe is quality, but looking at his stats it seems he hasn't really done it for you in the league since signing?  Brice Ntambwe as well, very impressive, and Bobby Grant is decent.  Saw him at Wrexham a few times and he always looked good.

13 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

Yeah it was noticeable that Oldham were very different as well - no Callum Lang for a start...  I thought some of your players looked really good though, and wasn't surprised to see your league results have started to pick up.

I really liked Bahamboula, and our coaches and players were very impressed with him as well.  Danny Rowe is quality, but looking at his stats it seems he hasn't really done it for you in the league since signing?  Brice Ntambwe as well, very impressive, and Bobby Grant is decent.  Saw him at Wrexham a few times and he always looked good.

Rowe is best with Dearnley alongside him, Dearnley has struggled with injury this season, but is our prized asset with his pace and finishing ability.

We struggle in midfield and think your Farrell could step up a level or two.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I see they have a league game tomorrow night, just over48 hours after the cup tie. I didn't see their manager complaining about this, in contrast to OGS' rant about United having to play Everton three days after Istanbul.

Similar distance and flight times aswell.

56 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

Rowe gets 10minutes at the end when we are 0-3 down.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Rowe is best with Dearnley alongside him, Dearnley has struggled with injury this season, but is our prized asset with his pace and finishing ability.

We struggle in midfield and think your Farrell could step up a level or two.

Interesting - I've never seen Dearnley play, but I know a few of our fans regarded it as a big boost to our chances when he was injured (not that anyone is pleased to see anyone injured etc)

Regarding Farrell, he's a very technically gifted player, came through at Millwall.  One of a few players, along with Deadfield, that I'd expect to see at a higher level over the next few years.  Obviously you guys know plenty about what to look for in non-league players stepping up, having seen the likes of Rowe, Grant and Carl Piergianni over the last few years.

17 hours ago, GRTourist said:

Hi all,

I'm the Hampton & Richmond Borough photographer.

Firstly, congratulations on your victory, was a tight game, and good luck in the next round.

I put together a match report with some pictures, and hopefully it'll be of interest to a few - Beavers vs Latics.

Best of luck for the season.

GRT

Great report 👍

8 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

My local side Tonbridge Angels lost to Bradford on Saturday and play tonight at Chelmsford, also 48 hrs. Not as far to travel as us mind, so by the time we got back last night it's not far off.

Excellent report GRT

I used to live near Hampton Court so gutted I couldn't be at the game again after missing the previous one due to work travel and having played on your ground for my Sunday league team in Cup finals back in the day! 

Good luck to H&R for the rest of the season and with today's good news hopefully we're a step closer to getting our lives back to normal

And by the way, you've got to drop the Richmond part..... the ground is not remotely close to Richmond 😁

Archived