Diarra signs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

According to L'Equipe, Birmingham City and Bristol City were supposed to be "battling" to sign Raphael Diarra a couple of months ago!

HITC

1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Find this hard to believe, somehow... 

You don’t play for the french youth National teams by accident. I think Bamboozer came with decent pedigree as well. (You could tell after 5 minutes of his debut he could play) Put these signings along with CBJ Clarke Dearnley Whelan - there seems to be a trend for talented youngsters released or not getting game time at bigger clubs. 

I like it, at the very least there’s a bit plan there. And it’s certainly better than the carousel of french 5th division players. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You don’t play for the french youth National teams by accident. I think Bamboozer came with decent pedigree as well. (You could tell after 5 minutes of his debut he could play) Put these signings along with CBJ Clarke Dearnley Whelan - there seems to be a trend for talented youngsters released or not getting game time at bigger clubs. 

I like it, at the very least there’s a bit plan there. And it’s certainly better than the carousel of french 5th division players. 

This one seems to be French 3rd division. He's been out of football a while so hopefully he's been training with us for a few weeks to get fit.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Loads of players do well at youth level but can never make the step to senior football.

Of course. 

Just like any signing is a risk. 

But you can look at certain factors to mitigate that risk. One of them is pedigree. 

Interesting that our ‘youth’ players are some of our Better performers. . . 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Clarke Dearnley CBJ Bamboozer all fit the mould we’re talking about. Young/youth with good pedigree, they have also been our better players. Much more so than regular signings like pidge or jombati. 

Bahamboula 25 years old, CBJ 23 years old -  not sure you can call them young/youth 🤔 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Clarke Dearnley CBJ Bamboozer all fit the mould we’re talking about. Young/youth with good pedigree, they have also been our better players. Much more so than regular signings like pidge or jombati. 

Stretching a point there.  Plenty of the French lads over the years were youth players at big clubs and we've had plenty who've started at big English clubs over the years that haven't made it

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Bahamboula 25 years old, CBJ 23 years old -  not sure you can call them young/youth 🤔 

🤣

Clarke is 19

Dearnley is 22. 

So let’s average them four at 22. . 

Hardly veterans are they? 

Annnyyyywaayyy. 

The original point was about pedigree, bam came through at Monaco (so does the new singing)  you know where the rest came from. I also said in my original post ‘players who are getting released by or not getting game time at bigger clubs.’ 

As I say- I like it, and I think it’s bearing  a little fruit. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

🤣

Clarke is 19

Dearnley is 22. 

So let’s average them four at 22. . 

Hardly veterans are they? 

Annnyyyywaayyy. 

The original point was about pedigree, bam came through at Monaco (so does the new singing)  you know where the rest came from. I also said in my original post ‘players who are getting released by or not getting game time at bigger clubs.’ 

As I say- I like it, and I think it’s bearing  a little fruit. 

The new fella was presumably released by his third division club, not Monaco

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We’re talking about pedigree, not his last club. 

Anyway. You’re right Dave they’re all wank and we’re going down. 

As you were. 

Just for a moment there I though there was a civilised debate developing.  Wrong again.

Archived