MATCH: Scunny (h)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

But we are not playing in the Dutch league or the National League....that is the point

His first league goal of the season yesterday - and his first since February. His only other goal this season coming in the 3-2 defeat to Solihull Moors in the FA Cup.

I think Rowe has got 4 this season so far, and he’s always likely to pick out a pass for an assist. 
It’s all about opinions, but I’d rather have Rowe.

Kevin van Veen hasn’t played since February. I’d rather Kevin Van Veen with one leg than Rowe. He’s the best player in the league. Missed about six months of football since the start of last season, but just look at his stats. 

👕 29 starts
🔄 7 sub appearances
⚽️ 17 goals
🅰️ 5 assists

⏱ Involved in a goal every 109 minutes

⚽️ Involved in 10 more goals than any other Iron player during this time

22 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

His first league goal of the season yesterday - and his first since February. His only other goal this season coming in the 3-2 defeat to Solihull Moors in the FA Cup.

I think Rowe has got 4 this season so far, and he’s always likely to pick out a pass for an assist. 
It’s all about opinions, but I’d rather have Rowe.

I respect that you prefer Rowe but for the record VV  has got 1 in 1 league start  this season , Rowe has got 1 in 9 starts ..Rowe has got 4 from 15 league starts VV  has got 38 from 119 starts and has scored 9 in 12 in the tinpot cup......and VV plays for a team below us ! 

PS VV also picked out the pass for an assist for their other goal massively helped by Rowes botched unchallenged 10 yard clearance to him from the corner ...have a look

Not making excuses, but they looked tired yesterday. Why?

Still, midfield is the big problem. It's shockingly bad. Garrity, Dunn etc are piss poor. No quality and/or very lightweight. Rowe, Dearnley and McAlney are okay. Clarke, (Wheater), Jameson are okay. I thought C B-J is starting to settle and improve. Lawlor is promising for this level. Midfield is crap. We need a quality midfield player with experience. I don't know who....hmmm....someone like McCann? Or even Keiron Lee if he's still not got a job. 

59 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

David Wheater may choose to commute, but Danny Rowe lives rent-free in some people’s heads.

I just think he’s worth his place in the team, and if we can get the best out of him I think he would score goals and create goals for others, particularly Dearnley once he’s fully fit. 

14 hours ago, Wardie said:

6 months age difference, Rowe the  oldest.
Roughly 10 years game time each.

Van Veen - 110 - career goals
Rowe - 195 career goals

Give me Rowe any time,

van Veen or Blackwood is a more relevant question?

I know we had a chance to sign van Veen but didn't.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Actually this type of season makes it really hard to rehab niggling injuries. If there is an injury resulting in a weakness in a specific muscle group, how do you get time to load that muscle group and recover from that loading when the next match is 3 or four days away. (After a rest day leaving only 2 or 3)

I think to be fair to HK team selection, his job has been made difficult by players being unavailable for a variety of reason. Initially there were several eg Bahamboula, Blackwood, Rowe, who were clearly not fit enough to play twice a week. ( That situation seems to be improving). Also several players have been unavailable due to COVID. There have been players with niggling injuries, available then not available. And finally the issue we all suspect, that ALMO have their own agenda of who needs game time to be in the shop window and who MUST NOT be played because they want them to leave.

But what's the value in not playing Wheater?

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Strange that as AL didn't seem to want Clarke.

AL wanted Clarke to stop playing and become manager/head coach. Clarke just wanted to carry on playing. If you don't do what AL wants, you know the rest. It's bye bye.

26 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Clarke just wanted to carry on playing. If you don't do what AL wants, you know the rest. It's bye bye.

As Wheatz is finding out to his and our cost.

Speaking of the defence... as well as Clarke and Jameson played yesterday what was missing was an older head to organise the back line. I’ve watched that first goal conceded a dozen times and the static defence makes  painful viewing. If Piergianni plays yesterday that would not have happened :peepwall:

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

As Wheatz is finding out to his and our cost.

Speaking of the defence... as well as Clarke and Jameson played yesterday what was missing was an older head to organise the back line. I’ve watched that first goal conceded a dozen times and the static defence makes  painful viewing. If Piergianni plays yesterday that would not have happened :peepwall:

Got to say I completely agree.

Bowman will dominate Clarke and Jameson next week without an experienced head at the back.

31 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Experienced heads Pidge and Wheater conceded 5 there 

You make some really valid points (especially on Rowe), but you back them up with half-truths.

Wheater conceded 1, scored 1 and (decisively sadly) saved 1 in that game.  Pidge conceded 5 because of the sending off (not to mention Zeus' incompetence).

On the balance of play in the 1st half of that game we would've probably lost that game but only by the odd goal.  The red card changed everything.

5 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

You make some really valid points (especially on Rowe), but you back them up with half-truths.

Wheater conceded 1, scored 1 and (decisively sadly) saved 1 in that game.  Pidge conceded 5 because of the sending off (not to mention Zeus' incompetence).

On the balance of play in the 1st half of that game we would've probably lost that game but only by the odd goal.  The red card changed everything.

It did change everything of course it did but my point is that an experienced head should not be getting himself sent off for handball in the first half at 1-1 ......even then we had a back four of Mills Hamer Pirgianni and CBJ .....hardly novices and don’t forget we had the mercurial Danny up front to requiring the attention of at  least 4 of their defenders 😀......you are spot on about spot fixing Zeus our worst keeper since.... ummm Placide 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

But what's the value in not playing Wheater?

There is no value except they now want him off the books. He is relatively expensive. They have a history of bullying people till they leave.  The fact he may help the team out seems to not register in ALMOs minds.  

1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

It did change everything of course it did but my point is that an experienced head should not be getting himself sent off for handball in the first half at 1-1 ......even then we had a back four of Mills Hamer Pirgianni and CBJ .....hardly novices and don’t forget we had the mercurial Danny up front to requiring the attention of at  least 4 of their defenders 😀......you are spot on about spot fixing Zeus our worst keeper since.... ummm Placide 

Zeus still gives me nightmares. The few games I saw last season- he literally watched shots go in. It was infuriating, bizarre and comical all at once. 

Archived