MATCH: Scunny (h)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Ntambwe?  Don't get that at all.  

Put it in the stand when we were on the attack (they then went down the other end and scored)

One of four that stood and watched while a single player of theirs played on and scored. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not as simple as that. This is on Kewell. Was obvious very early on what was going on.  

The minute I saw the size difference in the squads I knew this would be a struggle. Typical physical game plan which we had zero answer to. Awful stuff

Oh dear god that was awful.

Worst performance of the season when a win would've given us a massive amount of breathing room.  The first 30 mins we pretty good, which shows you just how bad the last 60 were.

Hamer, Garrity and Keillor Dunn were very poor, but a special level of rating is reserved for Blackwood who was so bad.

No points next week at Exeter that's for sure.

That was our chance to get out of the relegation swamp, and we dived head first into it.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Put it in the stand when we were on the attack (they then went down the other end and scored)

One of four that stood and watched while a single player of theirs played on and scored. 

Pretty much the only player of ours to regularly win a tackle and find a blue shirt through the whole match

Regularly got back to cover for local hero Hamer too, ran himself into the ground

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We leave their left winger on his own, yet they double up on Bamboula. 

Pidge should have started because of the Van Veen threat.

They did their homework we did none.

Very poor management.

A team can carry the odd player who's not up to scratch or having an off day

But it's half our starting eleven

Garrity put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen and still didn't get subbed

Blackwood can happily go back to Australia permanently, and Hamer will still be out of his depth if we get relegated to the National League North.

Positives: Jameson had his best game for us, and Clarke did his best to cover two positions. Bahamboula and Ntambwe were ok in the first half but faded later.  CBJ managed to get a few balls into the box too.

There's no excuse for the lack of energy though.  Garrity and Keillor-Dunn strolling about whilst Scunthorpe passed around them was infuriating.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We leave their left winger on his own, yet they double up on Bamboula. 

Pidge should have started because of the Van Veen threat.

They did their homework we did none.

Very poor management.

yet another manager that has done his homework piss weak defence thats easy to turn no midfield to protect them with no bite get physical job done 3 points in the bag 

It's hard to judge anyone properly when the manager chops and changes his formation and team every week.  No one gets to build an understanding of a team mate when half the team is rotated every match.  I dont think the squad is any different to the majority of the teams in what is a poor league.  I think we lack a leader on the field (which is annoying when we have one playing with the kids) and a manager who understands league 2 football.

3 minutes ago, Whitts said:

It's hard to judge anyone properly when the manager chops and changes his formation and team every week.  No one gets to build an understanding of a team mate when half the team is rotated every match.  I dont think the squad is any different to the majority of the teams in what is a poor league.  I think we lack a leader on the field (which is annoying when we have one playing with the kids) and a manager who understands league 2 football.

To a certain extent maybe but the players have to take some of the blame for that horror show today 😱

23 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

A team can carry the odd player who's not up to scratch or having an off day

But it's half our starting eleven

Garrity put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen and still didn't get subbed

Blackwood can happily go back to Australia permanently, and Hamer will still be out of his depth if we get relegated to the National League North.

Positives: Jameson had his best game for us, and Clarke did his best to cover two positions. Bahamboula and Ntambwe were ok in the first half but faded later.  CBJ managed to get a few balls into the box too.

There's no excuse for the lack of energy though.  Garrity and Keillor-Dunn strolling about whilst Scunthorpe passed around them was infuriating.

I also thought Jameson did well and probably pipped bamboula for our mom.

The three in midfield were awful and I’m still yet to see what DKD is good at.  Can’t pass, can’t run, no strength.

Archived