MATCH: Scunny (h)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Awful shout. Jameson played really well today. Composed on the ball. Him and Clarke start next game for me 

Tended to overelaborate at times but agree he's progressing slowly.

Lawlor, Jameson, Clarke and Borthwick-Jackson the only ones to give a semblance of a performance ( I'd include Bahamboola except he won't pass to better placed teammates in the box.)

The players thought it was going to be an easy win ( which it should have been !) and showed little urgency until one down and tried to walk the ball into the net or take an extra touch instead of pulling the trigger, especially Keillor-Dunn.  

Hamer the prime culprit for the first goal and charging about like a mad rhino after being booked shows lack of responsibility. He's a liability currently and opposition managers have noticed.

Apparently, Kewell likes to change things around to keep the players on their toes. Fine, if he had a large squad of decent players, not so good with a smaller, less than average bunch. The last semblance of any Latics-orientated continuity left with Bunn.

Owned by a stranger [madman], managed by a stranger and play like strangers.

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Apparently, Kewell likes to change things around to keep the players on their toes. Fine, if he had a large squad of decent players, not so good with a smaller, less than average bunch. The last semblance of any Latics-orientated continuity left with Bunn.

Owned by a stranger [madman], managed by a stranger and play like strangers.

I didn't see many on their toes today, but plenty on their knees.

Not much to say that’s not already been said - that was a real horror show.

DKD, Blackwood and Garrity are not even close to being good enough even for this awful level. 

This felt like a real chance to push away from danger and start to look up the table and we put in a performance like that?! Kewell has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility with his constant chopping a changing. Whilst we’ve shown glimpses, 3 or 4 of the performances this season could have seen him sacked on the spot. Not that there’s a great deal of point whilst we have ALMOBO in the picture. Getting really fed up of it this season, it’s just a shame fans aren’t allowed in to show their disapproval. Even Roy sounded like he was giving up on them.

7 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Even Roy sounded like he was giving up on them.

Thing with Roy is, as much as his commentary has gotten tedious for many (and it’s certainly worse without Big Gordy to reign him in), he is a fan and he’s been watching Latics longer than some of us have been alive - I have no doubt he sees exactly what we see and it pains him just as much - maybe pretending for the camera (microphone) is getting more difficult for him 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

This is it for me. 

The league shit. Most players are very average. We’re no different. Plus I would argue we have one the best forward lines in the division. 

We’re underachieving IMO. 

By how much? 5 points? 10 points?

2 hours ago, Whitts said:

It's hard to judge anyone properly when the manager chops and changes his formation and team every week.  No one gets to build an understanding of a team mate when half the team is rotated every match.  I dont think the squad is any different to the majority of the teams in what is a poor league.  I think we lack a leader on the field (which is annoying when we have one playing with the kids) and a manager who understands league 2 football.

How many of our players would get into one of the top 7, top 10 sides?

Was anyone else surprised that HK took Blackwell off when we went 1 nil down and brought on Fage. Thus leaving us with one striker who really is not comfortable leading the line, just at the point we need to score. The obvious swap was Grant for Blackwell.

The only explanation I could think of was that HK was under instruction to give Fage at least 30 mins playing time.

Similarly Hamer, teams put someone fast against him knowing he is beatable.  Surely we need to drop him, but that would mean his value and desirability would drop.  Is HK under instructions to play him?

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Was anyone else surprised that HK took Blackwell off when we went 1 nil down and brought on Fage. Thus leaving us with one striker who really is not comfortable leading the line, just at the point we need to score. The obvious swap was Grant for Blackwell.

The only explanation I could think of was that HK was under instruction to give Fage at least 30 mins playing time.

Similarly Hamer, teams put someone fast against him knowing he is beatable.  Surely we need to drop him, but that would mean his value and desirability would drop.  Is HK under instructions to play him?

Blackwood was so anonymous you forgot his name.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Any value and desirability he had has already been seriously eroded, it would be a pointless exercise...which, actually, it was in the end. Why wasn't Diarra even on the bench?

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Any value and desirability he had has already been seriously eroded, it would be a pointless exercise...which, actually, it was in the end. Why wasn't Diarra even on the bench?

We don't even know why Diarra is here.

Archived