Wrexham 'Hollywood' Takeover

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

They have Deadpool, we have Red Fleece. Lol.

In my younger days, y'know - when we used to have time to spare - I'd have created a cartoon about The Red Fleece, probably other characters too. It's begging for a fanzine strip.

20 hours ago, singe said:
20 hours ago, Wardie said:

£2m is not going to be enough to do much, but I'd rather their investment than our less transparent one. But Reynolds has from selling his gin company to Diaigeo so I  doubt that s the limit. It woud be sensible to keep his cards close to his chest.

Let's be honest £2m if invested in players is shitloads in this league and below, and in the current financial situation.

It's not out of the question if they make a few decent signings in Jan...which I'm sure they will try and do, that they come up and we get relegated!

6 hours ago, Matt said:

In my younger days, y'know - when we used to have time to spare - I'd have created a cartoon about The Red Fleece, probably other characters too. It's begging for a fanzine strip.

That would be hilarious! Especially under the current climate. He would have catchphrases like, "Ripping up plants.".

8 hours ago, Matt said:

1 hour ago, Canada_latic said:

That would be hilarious! Especially under the current climate. He would have catchphrases like, "Ripping up plants.".

He could enhance his superpowers by forcing a Holland's meat n tater pie into his fat face, Popeye style. 

37 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

He could enhance his superpowers by forcing a Holland's meat n tater pie into his fat face, Popeye style. 

Or he could be like Super Ted, where he's Barry by day and then if there's any disgruntled fans disagreeing with him. He'll go off and say his secret magic word, " Ripping up plants ". Then transform into Red Fleece!

23 hours ago, Matt said:

'Fly-on-the-wall documentary cash will pay for some upgrading of the ground here and there, and we'll pocket the rest...'

It's sounds like an opportunity for the two principles to get on TV for a bit. I only hope that giving up supporters trust ownership is worth it, and they rise up the leagues.

Wrecsam dwi dymunon dda. 

I'm really not sure Ryan Reynolds is too concerned about whether or not he gets on TV.

3 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Or he could be like Super Ted, where he's Barry by day and then if there's any disgruntled fans disagreeing with him. He'll go off and say his secret magic word, " Ripping up plants ". Then transform into Red Fleece!

Or Captain Underpants - click your fingers (or say his code words of "a little knowledge") and he rips off whatever he's wearing to reveal the red fleece.

8 hours ago, singe said:

I guess the bottom line is after the two respective statements/updates would we rather be in Wrexham's shoes, or ours?

I think I would rather be in Wrexham's.
In fact, after watching the documentary on AFC Bury, I believe their fans have more exciting times to come than we have.

It's a fu**king depressing outlook, that's for sure.

Our position is f**king depressing.

Regardless of motives, good luck to Wrexham.  They have two charismatic new owners, pumping in cash and opening up the club to greater media interest and future investment potential.  Both immediately have tapped into the soul of that club and helped a deserving fan along the way.

We, on the other hand, have a delusional contemptuous conman.  Contrary to building solid foundations, has invested minimal in the playing side; recruiting inferior players that couldn’t even compete non-league hence why were struggling in the basement league.  Five-year plan for Championship but steadily pushed the club in opposite direction.

Even the CEO has disappeared off social media as he’s realised the extent of fan feeling against the owner and whilst trying peddle the positives, has likely accepted that there are none.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:36 AM, singe said:

I guess the bottom line is after the two respective statements/updates would we rather be in Wrexham's shoes, or ours?

100% I would rather be in their shoes. Aren't they just one division below us and about to embark on an exciting new adventure, drenched in positive media coverage? We have alienated anybody that matters and are borderline complete disarray, we've got better players but we don't even pick them so what's the point?

I would be stunned if you could find many Latics fans who wouldn't swap with them. Obviously, they'll exist, bc all types exist in this day and age.

I would 100% rather be in their position in a hypothetical manner, if it could be applied to Latics. I would take a one division drop if it meant we could be taken over in exactly the same manner with exactly the same intentions.

Just hope we actually get to play them and don't swap divisions with them. They would have a right firm out for us, be an eye opener for some of ours that would.

16 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I would 100% rather be in their position in a hypothetical manner, if it could be applied to Latics. I would take a one division drop if it meant we could be taken over in exactly the same manner with exactly the same intentions.

Just hope we actually get to play them and don't swap divisions with them. They would have a right firm out for us, be an eye opener for some of ours that would.

I've never done The Racecourse but I've watched them play at Macc about 4 seasons ago. They brought a decent number including some Welsh coppers. I didn't see any mither. A pissed up Taff in frontof me in the Co-op near the ground trying to give everyone sweets was as hairy as I saw near the Moss Rose. I've still got a signed programme from when we did them five at BP and Carlo got 4. My eldest's first Latics match.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Allegedly Latics beat their train to Victoria by taking 20 taxis and done 'em in the old backstreets once, making us one of their number one targets forevermore.

Nah we turned them over at Wrexham in 1997, then they got revenge in Ancoats in 2002.  Allegedly.

Archived