Update from the owner

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the interviewer isn’t great and asks predominantly leading questions but I’m not sure it would be fair to criticise too much. We know our great leader has a reputation for giving people the chop should they disagree with his point of view so I can’t blame the lad for pedalling the message of positivity and protecting his job.

It was a complete waste of everyone’s time though and again served to show how out of touch the club are with a huge number within the fan base (or ‘the minority’ as they like to call them).

Very small minority, and how many season ticket holders has he lost? Totally deluded if he thinks it's all going to be alright. Bringing in young players is ok, but they need experienced players to advise them during the game, especially in defence and midfield.

The poor lad will be worried about losing his job if he doesn't interview him the way he wants. He's had to toe the party line unfortunately. 

Interviews with key people always work better with people outside the 'circle' so to speak asking the questions with no fear of blow back!

58 minutes ago, super_blue said:

The poor lad will be worried about losing his job if he doesn't interview him the way he wants. He's had to toe the party line unfortunately. 

Interviews with key people always work better with people outside the 'circle' so to speak asking the questions with no fear of blow back!

Where's Jeremy Paxman when you need him ?

Couldn’t watch it all the way through, for all the reasons discussed in this thread, so I won’t waste anyone’s time repeating them.

The man is unintelligent.

What I must conclude from this however - much like the embarrassing most recent statement from the club re Wheater - is that Karl Evans has had absolutely no positive effect on the decision making of the owners. If anything he’s emboldened them to carry on.

Now is the time for as many of the fanbase as possible to come together, begin raising money independently and stop spending with the club. We need to force all the clowns out.

10 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Your Wheatz comment made me remember what I’d missed

He said what’s the point of 35,36,37 year olds when you only get 1 year out of them

wants younger players he can sell...

So we won't be getting that experienced spine in the team, that everyone knows would give us a chance to get out of this league. He's a fucking deluded ass clown!

What an exercise in futility that interview is. So many answers laid within the questions, all AL had to do was pretty much agree and then repeatedly make the same assertions.

If he thinks the draining of fans in the last three years is a small minority, he's seriously deluded. And if he thinks Mo and Kewell are doing a good job, he's even more deluded. We've sunk lower each season since he rocked up, but he thinks we're going in the right direction.

AL sees younger players as the way forward. Oh aye, the likes of Keillor-Dunn, Garrity, Whelan, Jameson et al are really going to propel us up the league. They need some talent as well as being young. There won't be many clubs clamouring for their signatures when their contracts end. Because they're not good enough.

I'm pretty sure that the questions put to him (was that Mikey Brown, Head of Media?) would not have been allowed to be too demanding. If Mikey (if it was him) had pushed the serious questions that we all would have wanted, his P45 probably wouldn't have been far away.

You can bet your bottom dollar he daren't ask about Wheater, or pushed for a definitive answer on what's holding up the Joe Royle Stand reopening. That's just a couple of issues.

AL says he knows the direction he thinks the club is going. So do we: National League. We also know the direction we want ALMOBO to be going in: as far away from Oldham in general, and BP in particular, as possible.

Do AL and Mo realise you can get experienced players that are 28/29/30 and have several years left in them?

You don't need players with 600 games in the league to find experience, 2/300 games would be a start.  Who is left in the squad that has anywhere near that? Grant? Jombati?

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

You don't need players with 600 games in the league to find experience, 2/300 games would be a start. Who is left in the squad that has anywhere near that? Grant? Jombati?

Piergianni has played over 300 games. Rowe has played over 350. Granted the vast percentage of games were non league but there is still some experience there.

55 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Piergianni has played over 300 games. Rowe has played over 350. Granted the vast percentage of games were non league but there is still some experience there.

They barely have any experience of football at the level we're currently at and none at the level we're trying to get to.  For how many of those games were they full time professionals? How many of those games were against teams that were fully professional? Relevant experience is important and is what I was referring to.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

They barely have any experience of football at the level we're currently at and none at the level we're trying to get to.  For how many of those games were they full time professionals? How many of those games were against teams that were fully professional? Relevant experience is important and is what I was referring to.

It is just not experience though.....as you go up the pyramid you do find that players are incrementally at each step half a yard or so quicker and/or an inch or so bigger and have a better touch and technique and a better mental attitude and concentration . You absolutely do need experience but the players who are bringing it have also to meet the physical mental  and technical abilities that are par at the  level they are competing otherwise their experience is compromised.........there will be exceptions and you will get small players in the premiership but they will be technically outstanding and great athletes and in 1 in a 1000 you might find a Vardi in non league

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The kind of experience I mean is to be able to tell a young player where to be in certain situations. Talk them through games. Don't let their heads drop if they make mistakes. Congratulate them when they get things right. A player from a higher level can do all this and get the respect of the young player. Predominantly non league players like Grant and Pidge. suffer from making more mistakes, as well as technical inability. 

19 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The kind of experience I mean is to be able to tell a young player where to be in certain situations. Talk them through games. Don't let their heads drop if they make mistakes. Congratulate them when they get things right. A player from a higher level can do all this and get the respect of the young player. Predominantly non league players like Grant and Pidge. suffer from making more mistakes, as well as technical inability. 

From memory Grant has made over 350 football league appearances scoring 80 odd goals ....a bit unfair to compare his cv to those of Pidge and Rowe ?

6 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

From memory Grant has made over 350 football league appearances scoring 80 odd goals ....a bit unfair to compare his cv to those of Pidge and Rowe ?

You've just made the point? If I had to release one of the three right now, it'd be Grant.

Archived