MATCH: Exeter (a)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What’s a fair return of goals for Rowe this season - in your opinion? 

That’s a good question but I reckon a top striker in whatever league he is in would expect / hope to be scoring once in every 3 games on average.......so in my opinion I would be looking at 15 league goals as par 

Fabulous result and 2 fabulous strikes, well done to the players today 

I think we are a team that can hurt the opposition when allowed to play but are liable to struggle where teams try and bottle it up or battle hard physically. 

Today makes up very much for the poor result last weekend. 

One good sign this season is our ability to score and I expect our chance conversion rate is pretty decent.  

2 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

He didn’t ask what I expected him to score he asked what I thought a fair return was to justify hid billing ....completely different concepts 

So somebody who you don’t particularly rate should be scoring 15 goals this season?? How illogical is that?!?!

When did we last have a striker that scored 15 goals? Never mind the small fact that Rowe has stepped up a level. After all, his previous ‘non-league’ status is something that you refer to often.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Perhaps time for the fanbase to rein in the hysterics after every defeat and give the coach the space to try and build something.

I think there's a balance, but after 25 years of being shit, we have a right to bemoan defeats as they're an indication that history is likely to repeat itself (especially as they might mean we slipping out of the league completely).

Defeats don't get me down at all anymore, but absolutely buzzing after that today.

Everyone put a shift in - lack of talent I can handle, but lack of effort I can't and that lot will get my support of they turn in performances like that every week.  Fair play to the players and Kewell today.

8 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

So somebody who you don’t particularly rate should be scoring 15 goals this season?? How illogical is that?!?!

When did we last have a striker that scored 15 goals? Never mind the small fact that Rowe has stepped up a level. After all, his previous ‘non-league’ status is something that you refer to often.

Try and keep up....I said I believe  about 15 is about the par return for a good striker in any league....I did not say I expect Rowe to score 15

8 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

TBF to BCD IMO he's saying a good striker should get 15 goals out of 45 starts. He doesn't think he's a good striker. Funny though, Harry Kane was MOTM for Spurs without scoring. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

TBF to BCD IMO he's saying a good striker should get 15 goals out of 45 starts. He doesn't think he's a good striker. Funny though, Harry Kane was MOTM for Spurs without scoring. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I bet he gets 15 goals though 

27 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

That’s a good question but I reckon a top striker in whatever league he is in would expect / hope to be scoring once in every 3 games on average.......so in my opinion I would be looking at 15 league goals as par 

Fancy a tenner he scores fifteen league goals? 

Just now, League one forever said:

Eh???

That’s what ‘top strikers’ do??? 

He’s trying to cover all bases. If Rowe does score 15 he’ll say that’s what’s expected of him.

If he doesn’t score 15 he can revert to his original stance of he never rated him particularly highly anyway, and it will have proved his point in his eyes.

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Perhaps time for the fanbase to rein in the hysterics after every defeat and give the coach the space to try and build something.

Perhaps it's time that Mo rein in on his team selection interference and give the coach space to try and build something. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Haha.

I know exactly what you mean. 

For all the shit, it’s easy to forget how good a great result feels. 

But it's still Exeter! Not to be a snob but were league cup finalists, double fa cup semi finalists in the not so decent past, founders of the prem! And were celebrating a victory against Exeter, great result but depressing over all!

5 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

He’s trying to cover all bases. If Rowe does score 15 he’ll say that’s what’s expected of him.

If he doesn’t score 15 he can revert to his original stance of he never rated him particularly highly anyway, and it will have proved his point in his eyes.

If Rowe scores 15 I will admit I was wrong and I suspect there might be the odd poster or 2 on here who might remind me 😀

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

But it's still Exeter! Not to be a snob but were league cup finalists, double fa cup semi finalists in the not so decent past, founders of the prem! And were celebrating a victory against Exeter, great result but depressing over all!

Forest are double European champions. All clubs have history. For the size of club - ours is rich. 

However we are where we are, and in a pure footballing sense a good result is good result. 

9 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

If Rowe scores 15 I will admit I was wrong and I suspect there might be the odd poster or 2 on here who might remind me 😀

You actually said one in three games. Don't worry, I'll do the maths to get the pro rata target at the end of the season. 

Archived