MATCH: Barrow (A) 7pm

After Saturday's win, it would be nice to see the same starting XI again.  It sounds as though Barrow have been playing better football than their record suggests, but have conceded quite a few late goals.  With us having a record for scoring late goals then if we can sit in, hit them on the break like Saturday and push forward late on I could see us getting another win.

There's quite a few familiar faces in their squad.  Obviously David Dunn as manager, but also Chrissy Taylor, Jason Taylor and, Special Mention himself, Connor Brown.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

After Saturday's win, it would be nice to see the same starting XI again.  It sounds as though Barrow have been playing better football than their record suggests, but have conceded quite a few late goals.  With us having a record for scoring late goals then if we can sit in, hit them on the break like Saturday and push forward late on I could see us getting another win.

There's quite a few familiar faces in their squad.  Obviously David Dunn as manager, but also Chrissy Taylor, Jason Taylor and, Special Mention himself, Connor Brown.

and Mike Jones

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Agree tho same team. I've not seen saturdays 90 so I've just got to do an ironic impersonation of the normal Latics fan mindset and base my opinion solely on the result and nothing else.

Well, Whelan for Garrity, but.

Also, where's Macca??

The two Macs are back. McAleny fit and impressed in training and McCalmont is now available following  his international forays.

Clarke still out. Jameson and Badan longer term injured. Dearnley not too far away now. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

The two Macs are back. McAleny fit and impressed in training and McCalmont is now available following  his international forays.

Clarke still out. Jameson and Badan longer term injured. Dearnley not too far away now. 

Cheers for this.

I'd start with both Mc's on the bench tonight.  McAleny would obviously start purely on ability, but I wouldn't drop anyone based on Saturday's performance and I think it would send the wrong message to the players if they were dropped.

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Cheers for this.

I'd start with both Mc's on the bench tonight.  McAleny would obviously start purely on ability, but I wouldn't drop anyone based on Saturday's performance and I think it would send the wrong message to the players if they were dropped.

Does Blackwood deserve a start over McAleny?

Seems we are happy to drop scorers on previous?

Didn't see the game Saturday so just asking those who did?

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Does Blackwood deserve a start over McAleny?

Seems we are happy to drop scorers on previous?

Didn't see the game Saturday so just asking those who did?

On the back of the Scunny game, absolutely not.

But couldn't have done much more on Saturday to deserve another start.

3 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

In Conference North?

Not sure - Barrow were relegated from the Conference in 2012/13, and so played in Conference North in 2013/14. Wikipedia simply says that Rowe played for Barrow in "2013" so depending on which season it was, he was either in the Conference or Conf.North (or both in the unlikely event that the loan continued from one season to the next).

Same team from Saturday surely,how the hell do you build consistency if you keep chopping and changing your team especially of the back of a win. And yes George Blackwood deserves his place in the team, probably his best game for latics so far.

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Not sure - Barrow were relegated from the Conference in 2012/13, and so played in Conference North in 2013/14. Wikipedia simply says that Rowe played for Barrow in "2013" so depending on which season it was, he was either in the Conference or Conf.North (or both in the unlikely event that the loan continued from one season to the next).

You guys never heard of google?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21062489

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

You guys never heard of google?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21062489

"The transfer means that there are now two players with the name Danny Rowe on the books at Barrow."

The plot thickens. I always wondered what would happen if the mirror universes were to meet.

I don't remember a Google at Barrow, what position was he?

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

... I've not seen saturdays 90 ....

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Didn't see the game Saturday ...

If you have an ifollow subscription there's no need to fork out a tenner to fund ALMO's regime.  Watch the full game tomorrow (prob available from midday or 1ish ), all league games are available in full for free the next day.

Links for the full game are available to copy and save before the game.  They're under the Matches tab,  select Fixtures then "Live Match Centre".

This is it for tonight:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/november/barrow-vs-oldham-athletic-on-24-nov-20/

To avoid seeing the score:

After entering the link cover the screen except for an inch or so on the left hand side and look/scroll just below the blue block of colour for - a vid camera icon and WATCH MOW - and click it (don't look further down the page you'll see the score).  The video of the game will start, don't scroll or look further down the page, you'll see the score (sneaky ifollow),  select the video's "Full Screen" mode.  
There may be 1hr or more of goundstaff & players etc ambling about the pitch to skip over before the game starts.

Other advantages as well as not putting a tenner in ALMO's pocket are:- you can skip the annoying adverts and HT :)

32 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

If you have an ifollow subscription there's no need to fork out a tenner to fund ALMO's regime.  Watch the full game tomorrow (prob available from midday or 1ish ), all league games are available in full for free the next day.

Links for the full game are available to copy and save before the game.  They're under the Matches tab,  select Fixtures then "Live Match Centre".

This is it for tonight:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/november/barrow-vs-oldham-athletic-on-24-nov-20/

To avoid seeing the score:

After entering the link cover the screen except for an inch or so on the left hand side and look/scroll just below the blue block of colour for - a vid camera icon and WATCH MOW - and click it (don't look further down the page you'll see the score).  The video of the game will start, don't scroll or look further down the page, you'll see the score (sneaky ifollow),  select the video's "Full Screen" mode.  
There may be 1hr or more of goundstaff & players etc ambling about the pitch to skip over before the game starts.

Other advantages as well as not putting a tenner in ALMO's pocket are:- you can skip the annoying adverts and HT :)

Or, to check how it's best for you to avoid seeing scores, click on the REPLAY video for say the Exeter game.

If you check it our after tonight's game you'll need this direct  link to the Exeter REPLAY or you're bound to see the score somewhere on Latics website.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/november/exeter-city-vs-oldham-athletic-on-21-nov-20/

Archived