MATCH: Barrow (A) 7pm

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed most of that, aside from the nerve shredding last few minutes.

Delighted with another win, four goals, the Danny Rowe show continues.

Once again we lost our concentration badly after the hour, their midfield caused lots of problems, we couldnt cope with Jones.

Credit to the team for coming back and hanging on in the end.

Several good performances, Lawlor strong again, will be happy to see Clarke come back in.

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Good game, but we are our own worst enemies at times. Still, some great attacking football. Rowe is so much more than your average fourth division centre forward. He's got a great touch, vision and can finish. Only thing he lacks is pace. 

He said on Saturday that he surprised some when doing sprint tests during the week.......deceptively slow perhaps ?

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

My nerves  are always on edge unless we have a two goal margin with 5 mins left 

Great confidence  for the team

Onwards and upwards.Rowe again motm.

Nerves have always been on edge for many years now unless they are 2 in front. Even then I bet you cant relax

We're all at sea defensively but hopefully when Clarke comes back he'll add a bit more stability.

Rowe, McAleny and Dearnley are as good of a front three you'll get at this level with Blackwood and Grant also capable of chipping in. I fear that we really need to take this opportunity this season whilst we have this quality upfront to get ourselves out of this division. If we don't go up it's hard to see any of the 3 aforementioned players being here next season and we'll be back to trying to build a forward line who very likely won't be as good as what we've got.

1 minute ago, PlayItLivo said:

We're all at sea defensively but hopefully when Clarke comes back he'll add a bit more stability.

Which makes it all the more farcical that Wheater is frozen out. Talk about sticking your head in the sand, the pair of obstinate pillocks. How much easier would some of those games been with Wheatz in the side?

Still, it's another 3 points, so onwards and upwards.

19 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Good game, but we are our own worst enemies at times. Still, some great attacking football. Rowe is so much more than your average fourth division centre forward. He's got a great touch, vision and can finish. Only thing he lacks is pace. 

What an intelligent player he is , and  i loved how he took control of the penalty, could be pivotal at the end of the season that penalty

Big win this, put under the cosh for big parts of the game,  Carl Periganni again at the back brilliant,  we have the makings of a very good side, i loved how Danny Rowe took charge of that penalty and put it away , that could prove vital at the end of the season..
#oafc

Almost 37 years to the day (26/11/83) since we beat Pompey 4-3 away. Since then we've beaten Kettering in the FA cup, and Stevenage on opening day by the same scoreline away from home, as well as 6 home 4-3 wins, including Southampton in the prem to stay up, and Millwall at home on the opening day.

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Almost 37 years to the day (26/11/83) since we beat Pompey 4-3 away. Since then we've beaten Kettering in the FA cup, and Stevenage on opening day by the same scoreline away from home, as well as 6 home 4-3 wins, including Southampton in the prem to stay up, and Millwall at home on the opening day.

Good stat!

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Trying to think of the other four home 4-3 games now.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Notts County in the Prem (Ian Marshall thunderbolt..).

18 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Big win this, put under the cosh for big parts of the game,  Carl Periganni again at the back brilliant,  we have the makings of a very good side, i loved how Danny Rowe took charge of that penalty and put it away , that could prove vital at the end of the season..
#oafc

One day HK will play the best eleven.

Archived