MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

HK achieving some success despite ALMO. Imagine how much better we could do if they didn't deny him Wheater. 

To be honest i am not sure he would have been any better than the players who have played. Jameson , Clarke, Pidge, and Diarra  have all had good games in the middle. Guess we will see what happens to him over the next few weeks. Not sure how much influence  ALMO has . I do think Kewell is a very smart progressive manager , maybe too smart for some .

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Nah Glossop. Lets have the debate. 

The head coach doesn’t recruit. ALMO do, that recruitment has led to the best striking options in many a year and yet again ALMO signing’s have won the game today with two fabulous strikes. In addition the loan signings look very astute. We have endlessly critiqued the ‘poor squad’ yet it turns out it’s looking very decent. 

But let’s not talk about that. 

‘No manager can work under these clowns’ . . well Harry quite clearly can. 

But that doesn’t fit the popular narrative- so we’ll ignore that. 

Yardy’s favourite- ‘I can’t believe people still think it matters who the manager is’ .  . Well It turns out it does matter after all. 

But we’ll just put them six away wins on the bounce down to luck. . (a record we haven’t achieved for 12 years) 

What I can’t get my head around is why people are quite clearly resenting us doing well. Because guess what- it might just mean that ALMO are getting they’re act together. 

Who are these people?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Why are you asking a question you know the answer to? 

No I really want to know who I can't see anyone on here resenting us doing well I can see alot of people on here being very happy with the upturn in form so you tell me who are they?

First time in ages I’m looking forward to watch games, the attaching style def helping. I’ve said on other threads I thought the team was half decent and nice to see kewell getting us winning. Actually hope he hangs around for a while.

Also hoping we come out of lockdown so I can go and watch as today would have been a top day in that away end behind where Rowe scored. Could be good watching us live for a change!!

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No I really want to know who I can't see anyone on here resenting us doing well I can see alot of people on here being very happy with the upturn in form so you tell me who are they?

Those that resent us doing well make themselves known with their absence 

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You obviously can’t read your own posts then Glossop. Or are you just being facetious for the sake it?   What I read is people like you trying to dictate what we debate about. I wonder why? 

It must be killing you that on the pitch ALMO have a made a string of good signings, have stopped signing 6th division french dross, worked the loan market well,  found a manager they can work with, and that manager is proving that it’s perfectly possible to get results under their way of working. 

If you don’t resent them, then why not give them credit for the above? 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You obviously can’t read your own posts then Glossop. Or are you just being facetious for the sake it?   What I read is people like you trying to dictate what we debate about. I wonder why? 

It must be killing you that on the pitch ALMO have a made a string of good signings, have stopped signing 6th division french dross, worked the loan market well,  found a manager they can work with, and that manager is proving that it’s perfectly possible to get results under their way of working. 

We don't have a manager. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

FFS what a load of garbage. 

You know what I came on tonight because we won I give the players and head coach credit Then you come up with that utter drivel.

You might want to look abit closer to home before you accuse other people of not reading.

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

FFS what a load of garbage. 

You know what I came on tonight because we won I give the players and head coach credit Then you come up with that utter drivel.

You might want to look abit closer to home before you accuse other people of not reading.

. . . annnnd you still won’t give them any credit. 

You can’t have it both ways. 

When we lose - it’s all ALMO fault. No head coach can work for them/they meddle/the head coach has no say on signings/the squad is shit. 

When we win - it’s got nothing to do with them,  the head coach picks the team and he alone is responsible for the upturn in results. 

Purely talking about on-field matters...

I think the general point that AL, Mo and Barry should live and die by their recruitment of players and how they perform is a fair one.  They deserve criticism when it doesn't work and, equally, praise when it does.

I think the recruitment overall has been better in 2020 than it was in the summer of 2019 and it's great to see some of these players starting to hit form, although the key word is "starting". 

Because a week ago we were being described as inconsistent and I think that was a very fair assessment.  It takes longer than a week for us to become consistent.  As good as we were at Bradford, it's only a fortnight since the atrocious performance at home to Scunthorpe and, as our home record shows, that wasn't an anomaly.

AL, Mo and Barry deserve praise for the quality that Rowe, McAleny, Dearnley and Bahamboula have already shown.  I think they've been wasteful by not using Wheater or keeping McCann but, to their credit, their replacements Clarke and Ntambwe have been adequate. 

The biggest praise I can give to Kewell is that the bulk of the rest of the squad didn't look fit for purpose at the start of the season, but he does look like he's coaching them well because they are starting to perform more consistently.

I really hope they continue to improve but frankly it could go either way.

I think the biggest improvement that AL, Mo and Barry could make, and the ultimate judge of their performance, would be to give Kewell at least a season to progress the positive aspects that he's started to develop.  If they don't give him the chance then any praise for the good players brought in will be lost, and deservedly so.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Purely talking about on-field matters...

I think the general point that AL, Mo and Barry should live and die by their recruitment of players and how they perform is a fair one.  They deserve criticism when it doesn't work and, equally, praise when it does.

I think the recruitment overall has been better in 2020 than it was in the summer of 2019 and it's great to see some of these players starting to hit form, although the key word is "starting". 

Because a week ago we were being described as inconsistent and I think that was a very fair assessment.  It takes longer than a week for us to become consistent.  As good as we were at Bradford, it's only a fortnight since the atrocious performance at home to Scunthorpe and, as our home record shows, that wasn't an anomaly.

AL, Mo and Barry deserve praise for the quality that Rowe, McAleny, Dearnley and Bahamboula have already shown.  I think they've been wasteful by not using Wheater or keeping McCann but, to their credit, their replacements Clarke and Ntambwe have been adequate. 

The biggest praise I can give to Kewell is that the bulk of the rest of the squad didn't look fit for purpose at the start of the season, but he does look like he's coaching them well because they are becoming more consistent.

I really hope they continue to improve but frankly it could go either way.

I think the biggest improvement that AL, Mo and Barry could make, and the ultimate judge of their performance, would be to give Kewell at least a season to progress the positive aspects that he's started to develop.  If they don't give him the chance then any praise for the good players brought in will be lost, and deservedly so.

Top post Bosh. 

Finally - some balance. 

I think they will give him the season, not necessarily on the back of results (which obviously helps) but how willing he is to dance to their tune and work in their model. Which so far- he appears very willing to do. I think it’s why Dino went, I think they would have given him this season but he started kicking off about signings- so off he went. 

Like you say though- they constantly find new ways to shoot themselves in foot. So it’s the very tiniest amount of cautious optimism. 

16 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Very honest Stuart Mccall   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08zx3tm

An honest manager at least.We were bloody fabulous and  lets get the home results  the same.Said it before that this squad  and manager are good enough for promotion but got knocked back as usual.Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The last time I properly posted on here btw, there were people absolutely convinced Mo was picking the team rather than Kewell. Since then they've won 6 of the last 7 in all comps. So my question is, is Mo still picking the team or is this Harry's team now?

You're not allowed to ask that question apparently 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Nah Glossop. Lets have the debate. 

The head coach doesn’t recruit. ALMO do, that recruitment has led to the best striking options in many a year and yet again ALMO signing’s have won the game today with two fabulous strikes. In addition the loan signings look very astute. We have endlessly critiqued the ‘poor squad’ yet it turns out it’s looking very decent. 

But let’s not talk about that. 

‘No manager can work under these clowns’ . . well Harry quite clearly can. 

But that doesn’t fit the popular narrative- so we’ll ignore that. 

Yardy’s favourite- ‘I can’t believe people still think it matters who the manager is’ .  . Well It turns out it does matter after all. 

But we’ll just put them six away wins on the bounce down to luck. . (a record we haven’t achieved for 12 years) 

What I can’t get my head around is why people are quite clearly resenting us doing well. Because guess what- it might just mean that ALMO are getting they’re act together. 

Not one person has resented us doing well on this thread. Again... Moaning about supposed moaners that aren't moaning.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Not one person has resented us doing well on this thread. Again... Moaning about supposed moaners that aren't moaning.

So it's not just me I'm not being resentful that we've won? League one forever is just making things up apparently its killing me.

Interms of giving them credit or the current onfield form Not Yet no it's not quite the vindication of their strategy we sit 17th in league 2 still. But I'm more willing to change my mind the longer we keep getting positive results.

This is the maddest Latics team I’ve ever seen and I don’t think I like it. 

One week we’re absolutely embarrassing, the next we look like world beaters. 

Win Tuesday and I’ll be keeping May free though for sure. 

One massive positive is that, apart from Rowe, we could afford to lose any player in the team and replace him with someone as good. Never had that before in my 26 years watching us and very rare at this level. 

Fair play to HK, I wanted him gone and the ‘we’re building something’ line he likes was wearing a bit thin, but maybe  he actually believes that. 

Two little niggles for me though;

- why are quite few talking about Dearnley coming back in? I’ve seen nothing on a consistent basis from him and I’d have him down as 5th choice forward at the moment. 

- praise coming for Barnett again, but I don’t see why, do people want to like him coz he tries or am I missing something with him?

Barnet was perfect for yesterday once Kewell had decided to sit deep, he runs his bollocks off giving you an outlet. Having said that I couldn't understand why we should sit deep, with the line up we had Bradford were struggling to get out of there own half. 

Archived