MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

6 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The last time I properly posted on here btw, there were people absolutely convinced Mo was picking the team rather than Kewell. Since then they've won 6 of the last 7 in all comps. So my question is, is Mo still picking the team or is this Harry's team now?

I think it's quite obvious that the board signs the players, then Harry picks the team.  Besides the ones that he is not allowed to play due to whatever politics that is going on within the club.

What's so hard to understand?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I noticed how deep we sat too towards the end. All I can think of is it suits pidge and it’ll be his call. It’s poor that though coz they were no threat whatsoever. 

I cant imagine Pidge making the decision how we tactically play.  I think we were just expecting Bradford to make more of an effort than they actually did.   

1 minute ago, oafc 123 said:

I cant imagine Pidge making the decision how we tactically play.  I think we were just expecting Bradford to make more of an effort than they actually did.   

That’s obviously not what I meant. He’ll be the voice in the back four so he should of been squeezing up the pitch, either him or the keeper anyway. Not a massive issue though in the grand scheme of things. 

2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

That’s obviously not what I meant. He’ll be the voice in the back four so he should of been squeezing up the pitch, either him or the keeper anyway. Not a massive issue though in the grand scheme of things. 

That seems to be the case with most of your posts tbh 😊

There’s some juvenile, baiting posts on here again. A sizeable number of fans have had their love for the club destroyed by these owners over the last 3 years. It may take more than a short run of good results to turn that round for a lot of people.

But, that doesn’t mean they weren’t watching that game yesterday with a massive smile on their faces for a change. I certainly was. 

If we want to have the debate, we’re beating teams around or below us at the moment. But, we’re winning which is the main thing and hopefully we can continue that form into the games against teams in the top half so we can start climbing the table. I think that’s where we’ll struggle over the course of the season but I really hope I’m proved wrong. Which should go without saying!

57 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I noticed how deep we sat too towards the end. All I can think of is it suits pidge and it’ll be his call. It’s poor that though coz they were no threat whatsoever. 

I never like it when we sit back as you just never know. As bad as Bradford were yesterday they might have fluked an equaliser and before you know it it could have been extra time then penalties.

I guess it wouldn't be Latics without drama to the very end!

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

There’s some juvenile, baiting posts on here again. A sizeable number of fans have had their love for the club destroyed by these owners over the last 3 years. It may take more than a short run of good results to turn that round for a lot of people.

But, that doesn’t mean they weren’t watching that game yesterday with a massive smile on their faces for a change. I certainly was. 

If we want to have the debate, we’re beating teams around or below us at the moment. But, we’re winning which is the main thing and hopefully we can continue that form into the games against teams in the top half so we can start climbing the table. I think that’s where we’ll struggle over the course of the season but I really hope I’m proved wrong. Which should go without saying!

Good post.

December should give us a good idea of where we are, in a league with no outstanding teams. Cambridge and Newport away will be interesting, and five games in the first 15 days of December will be a test for the squad, including Sunderland in the Pizza Cup. 4 of the next 5 games are at Boundary Park, so we need to sort that home form out!

As for the ownership debate, we can and should all enjoy current performances and get behind HK and the team, it's great to watch and has been a long time coming. Everyone is entitled to his/her view, for me I still want a change of ownership and a stable regime that has empathy with its local community.

15 hours ago, kowenicki said:

When was the last time we won 6 away on the bounce!? 

We need to win at Cambridge next week for that to happen, but it's still some turnaround. A winning run is such a confidence boost, you could see that yesterday. These players have really come on from earlier in the season. December fixtures are going to be a good test of where we are. Look at Bolton, now just outside the play-offs after a terrible start. We should be looking for the same!

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

The way I saw it was that the front 6 were shattered from a high press non stop for 60-70 mins and then HK went 5 at the back with jombati and barnett. The right call imo and we looked comfortable. Im a HK critic but hes proving me wrong atm. He looked at how we were tiring and at how Bradford were playing and changed it to combat that

4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

The way I saw it was that the front 6 were shattered from a high press non stop for 60-70 mins and then HK went 5 at the back with jombati and barnett. The right call imo and we looked comfortable. Im a HK critic but hes proving me wrong atm. He looked at how we were tiring and at how Bradford were playing and changed it to combat that

Yeh, that's probably a fair point about the team being tired. Although we still give the ball away too much for my liking, I was seriously impressed yesterday by our tempo and work rate, as well as the attacking play and willingness to shoot on sight. Great stuff! 

17 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Every single player on the pitch yesterday worked extremely hard. And as you rightly point out, a number were looking tired towards the end of the game. 

Its stating the obvious I know, but if we had taken our chances we would have been five up by halftime. We then could have eased off a little in the second half.

However it was our best performance of the season so far, both defensively and in attack. Bradford were poor yesterday but, given the score, were always in with a chance of snatching an undeserved draw and taking the game to extra time.

Taking a look at our recent/current injury list - The good news:  McAleny, Clarke and Ntambwe were back from injury yesterday and all played a vital part in the victory. 

So the moment:

Long term injury: Badan & Jameson 

Just gone on the injury list: Grant, Blackwood, Bahamboula and Fage

Hopefully about to return: Dearnley

I’m sure that many teams are having the same issues but the impact of injuries will vary from club to club depending on the depth and quality of each squad. 

We are about to go into December where we will play 8 games in 29 days. Let’s hope that, long term apart, the other injuries are not too serious. We will need as many options as possible. 

I fully expect to see changes to the starting eleven from game to game - hopefully they can be kept to a minimum. 

We need to take our chances when they come along so that HK can have the option to maximise the use of the five allowed substitutes. 

December? Bring it on 😎

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Barnett did very well when he came on.

Certainly doesn't lack confidence.

5 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

This is the maddest Latics team I’ve ever seen and I don’t think I like it. 

One week we’re absolutely embarrassing, the next we look like world beaters. 

Win Tuesday and I’ll be keeping May free though for sure. 

One massive positive is that, apart from Rowe, we could afford to lose any player in the team and replace him with someone as good. Never had that before in my 26 years watching us and very rare at this level. 

Fair play to HK, I wanted him gone and the ‘we’re building something’ line he likes was wearing a bit thin, but maybe  he actually believes that. 

Two little niggles for me though;

- why are quite few talking about Dearnley coming back in? I’ve seen nothing on a consistent basis from him and I’d have him down as 5th choice forward at the moment. 

- praise coming for Barnett again, but I don’t see why, do people want to like him coz he tries or am I missing something with him?

I'd rather have shit with a sprinkle of good. Than knowing it's going to be dog shit. And barnett was all over the place defending and running at them looked lively and his legs freshened it up.

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

If we want to have the debate, we’re beating teams around or below us at the moment. But, we’re winning which is the main thing and hopefully we can continue that form into the games against teams in the top half so we can start climbing the table. I think that’s where we’ll struggle over the course of the season but I really hope I’m proved wrong. Which should go without 

Disagree. 

It’s just people who want it both ways, who try to stifle any debate that doesn’t fit their narrative and yet again avoid my points with sweeping generalisations. I suspect because they know what I’m saying is fair, and they don’t want to admit it, when their previous position has been so entrenched. 

On to your point. 
You talk about how fans have had their ‘love for the club destroyed’ like I’m asking people to start hero worshipping them. Quite clearly I’m not, and that is a massive over reaction.  I’ve said at least 5 times in this thread ON THE PITCH they deserve some credit, or at the very least some acknowledgment - when it appears things might be turning for the better and a decent side is emerging. 

Is that hard to debate?  

OFF the pitch- they are still a disgrace, and always will be to an extent IMO. 

Here’s something- because I’m fickle and more importantly I’m honest about being fickle;  If ALMO get us a day out at Wembley this season or we go up I won’t care one jot about Claire, or the north stand, or Wheater, or red fleece, I’ll just be chuffed they have given me a happy memory with my team. . and I’ll be thankful to them for it. 

I wonder how many will admit it. . all we really care about is results. Even de de de popped up yesterday saying he enjoyed the game. . Funny what goals and good results do isn’t it. . . 

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So it's not just me I'm not being resentful that we've won? League one forever is just making things up apparently its killing me.

Interms of giving them credit or the current onfield form Not Yet no it's not quite the vindication of their strategy we sit 17th in league 2 still. But I'm more willing to change my mind the longer we keep getting positive results.

That last paragraph is all you needed to say. 

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Good post.

December should give us a good idea of where we are, in a league with no outstanding teams. Cambridge and Newport away will be interesting, and five games in the first 15 days of December will be a test for the squad, including Sunderland in the Pizza Cup. 4 of the next 5 games are at Boundary Park, so we need to sort that home form out!

As for the ownership debate, we can and should all enjoy current performances and get behind HK and the team, it's great to watch and has been a long time coming. Everyone is entitled to his/her view, for me I still want a change of ownership and a stable regime that has empathy with its local community.

Agreed. 

But can you want change, and acknowledge that their model might be starting to bear fruit? 

Always happy to give the players and the team credit when its due and I have to say that yesterday's performance was very, very good and the players looked up for it, mobile, together and comfortable on the ball. With steadier finishing, we could have had 6 at half time but the chances were created and in McAleny and Rowe we have 2 great strikers of the ball who can score from anywhere. 

Thought McAlmont was excellent yesterday and good shows from all bar Lawlor who was a bit shaky yesterday but by and large is fine. 

I like the way the players are all looking much more comfortable on the ball, opening their bodies up to look for right option. Credit to HK for getting significant improvement from this group of players, credit the players for listening and improving their skills. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That last paragraph is all you needed to say. 

We I thought I made the same point clear twice before

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think ALMO need to do quite a few more things right/correct a few acts of stupidity before we give them any plaudits.

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The owners get credit when they stop the petty disputes with the club captain and landlord, they recruit the right signings in January, we are run in a stable manner off the pitch and we have no shitstorms because that is their remit. When that happens they WILL get that credit when they do it.

Are you standing by the idea that people resent us doing well or that it is killing me inside to see us do well?

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Disagree. 

It’s just people who want it both ways, who try to stifle any debate that doesn’t fit their narrative and yet again avoid my points with sweeping generalisations. I suspect because they know what I’m saying is fair, and they don’t want to admit it, when their previous position has been so entrenched. 

On to your point. 
You talk about how fans have had their ‘love for the club destroyed’ like I’m asking people to start hero worshipping them. Quite clearly I’m not, and that is a massive over reaction.  I’ve said at least 5 times in this thread ON THE PITCH they deserve some credit, or at the very least some acknowledgment - when it appears things might be turning for the better and a decent side is emerging. 

Is that hard to debate?  

OFF the pitch- they are still a disgrace, and always will be to an extent IMO. 

Here’s something- because I’m fickle and more importantly I’m honest about being fickle;  If ALMO get us a day out at Wembley this season or we go up I won’t care one jot about Claire, or the north stand, or Wheater, or red fleece, I’ll just be chuffed they have given me a happy memory with my team. . and I’ll be thankful to them for it. 

I wonder how many will admit it. . all we really care about is results. Even de de de popped up yesterday saying he enjoyed the game. . Funny what goals and good results do isn’t it. . . 

Totally agree apart from the claire reference! The poor girl deserves better, she has kept this club going!!!

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

But can you want change, and acknowledge that their model might be starting to bear fruit? 

Their original model was a disaster, beyond debate. I and many others have always said that they'll get support if they learn and adapt and clearly there are positive signs. A lot of past wrongs though so it will take a while yet. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Their original model was a disaster, beyond debate. I and many others have always said that they'll get support if they learn and adapt and clearly there are positive signs. A lot of past wrongs though so it will take a while yet. 

Fair comment Dave. 

Like you say a lot to put right, but the model has definitely evolved and I agree there are positive signs on the pitch that things are hopefully turning around. 

Archived