MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

A while ago, the line was- 

‘No manager can work for these clowns’ 

We’re currently on our best away run since 2008. . . (Thanks metty) 

Now the line is ‘they must show consistent success’ 

Can’t we just acknowledge that from a self imposed low base there multiple signs things are improving? 

Is it perfect- no.

Are things are damn sight better than 12 months ago - yes. 

If you keep asking the same questions are you hoping for different answers, people have acknowledged that Kewell seems to be getting things right at the moment. 

After the last 3 years don't expect people to start praising the current owner and his cohorts. We might be at the high end of a curve which we are about to fall down the other side. 

I sincerely hope things are on a permanent up, time will tell. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If you keep asking the same questions are you hoping for different answers, people have acknowledged that Kewell seems to be getting things right at the moment. 

After the last 3 years don't expect people to start praising the current owner and his cohorts. We might be at the high end of a curve which we are about to fall down the other side. 

I sincerely hope things are on a permanent up, time will tell. 

No mate. You’ve answered previously with balance, as you have done again above. I accept that. But after 3 years of utter shite, when does it start to turn? People claim they want positives- well it’s front of our eyes. 

Good use of the loan Market. Clarke/McCalmont

No over inflated squad/or obscure signings draining the budget. 

More signings with English lower league experience. Dearnley/Rowe/Mac/CBJ/Lawlor/PidgeGarrity

Better scouting of #frenchlads. Bam/ntwabie. 

A cracking strike force. 

A head coach the owners can work with. 

A head coach who accepts his role. 

No news of late wages. 

Non of this was happening 12 months ago. 

So-  I’m continuing to challenge people who at the very least won’t even acknowledge what’s in front of them, or keep changing the goalposts because any improvement-  how small and incremental isn’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No mate. You’ve answered previously with balance, as you have done again above. I accept that. But after 3 years of utter shite, when does it start to turn? People claim they want positives- well it’s front of our eyes. 

More signings with English lower league experience. Dearnley/Rowe/Mac/CBJ/Lawlor/PidgeGarrity

A cracking strike force. 

No news of late wages. 

So-  I’m continuing to challenge people who at the very least won’t even acknowledge what’s in front of them, or keep changing the goalposts because any improvement-  how small and incremental isn’t good enough. 

You're placing a higher value on things than other people might, me included.  But that's ok - people are different.  Doesn't make one person right or the other wrong, it's just a difference of opinion. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

A cracking strike force. 

No news of late wages. 

Hard to argue with that and perhaps our crazy owner is slowly learning

Time will tell but I can't wait to get back in to a ground to support a team playing like they did yesterday 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

A cracking strike force. 

No news of late wages. 

Freezing out Wheater and Rowe ? 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, League one forever said:

Nah Glossop. Lets have the debate. 

The head coach doesn’t recruit. ALMO do, that recruitment has led to the best striking options in many a year and yet again ALMO signing’s have won the game today with two fabulous strikes. In addition the loan signings look very astute. We have endlessly critiqued the ‘poor squad’ yet it turns out it’s looking very decent. 

But let’s not talk about that. 

‘No manager can work under these clowns’ . . well Harry quite clearly can. 

But that doesn’t fit the popular narrative- so we’ll ignore that. 

Yardy’s favourite- ‘I can’t believe people still think it matters who the manager is’ .  . Well It turns out it does matter after all. 

But we’ll just put them six away wins on the bounce down to luck. . (a record we haven’t achieved for 12 years) 

What I can’t get my head around is why people are quite clearly resenting us doing well. Because guess what- it might just mean that ALMO are getting they’re act together. 

Just for the record I've made one post on this thread applauding the result and the performance so stop talking soft, I'm happy to admit the team is playing well but it still doesn't correct all the wrongs the clowns have been responsible for over the years, I dont want to say it will end in tears as I really hope lessons have been learnt and we've turned a corner but it still wouldn't surprise me if another shit storm was to brew up, some people are resentful for obvious reasons I'm not really in that camp as there are more important things for me to worry about but lets hope we are finally on the up and heading towards some good times which is what we all want.

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Just for the record I've made one post on this thread applauding the result and the performance so stop talking soft, I'm happy to admit the team is playing well but it still doesn't correct all the wrongs the clowns have been responsible for over the years, I dont want to say it will end in tears as I really hope lessons have been learnt and we've turned a corner but it still wouldn't surprise me if another shit storm was to brew up, some people are resentful for obvious reasons I'm not really in that camp as there are more important things for me to worry about but lets hope we are finally on the up and heading towards some good times which is what we all want.

They need to get rid of Barry before I will ever be happy with them.

Doesn’t mean I won’t be happy when we beat Exeter in the playoff final. 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

But can you want change, and acknowledge that their model might be starting to bear fruit? 

Whether ALMOBO's model is starting to bear fruit - or they've finally got lucky in their choice of head coach and players - is hard to say. In truth, it's too early to say, which is why I think we'll have a better idea of where we stand at the end of December. At the moment though, given the sheer number of head coaches/managers/players and non-playing staff that they've gone through in their short time at the club, I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. As others on here have said, they have a long way to go to win back the fanbase.

I'd put a different question. Can you support the team and HK, and still want a change of ownership? For me yes, because I haven't yet seen enough evidence that the Lemsagams genuinely want a close and friendly relationship with the fans.

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Whether ALMOBO's model is starting to bear fruit - or they've finally got lucky in their choice of head coach and players - is hard to say. In truth, it's too early to say, which is why I think we'll have a better idea of where we stand at the end of December. At the moment though, given the sheer number of head coaches/managers/players and non-playing staff that they've gone through in their short time at the club, I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. As others on here have said, they have a long way to go to win back the fanbase.

I'd put a different question. Can you support the team and HK, and still want a change of ownership? For me yes, because I haven't yet seen enough evidence that the Lemsagams genuinely want a close and friendly relationship with the fans.

Great post. 

Maybe they have just got lucky with HK, and by that I don’t mean just results- but much more importantly that he seems genuinely comfortable in the set up. That can’t be underestimated. He was asked in an interview the other week,  do the owners influence team selection, and he openly said. Abdullah doesn’t. . meaning mo does, but it’s fine- because that’s what he knew he was coming into. Two things have happened, the club have stopped pretending they don’t influence, and hired a head coach, and second- that head has bought into it. Now if that model continues to get results- do we really care if they influence?? I don’t. I just want to watch winning football, however it comes. 

Your second point is more nuanced. Of course you can support the team, and still want them out. That’s generally where I stand. But its not a simple binary choice, it’s far more interwoven that. People are so disgusted with the off field stuff (quite rightly) that it’s clouding an ablility to give a reasoned response about on the field. Quite a few have said- they have a long way to go before they change my mind- fair enough. But we’re on best away run for 12 years, at any point did we look like doing that last year?? No. So in pure footballing terms we are improving, and if the model includes Mo- which it clearly does; then he deserves a bit of credit. That doesn’t mean I like him, or want him at the club a second longer than is necessary. 

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Two things have happened, the club have stopped pretending they don’t influence, and hired a head coach, and second- that head has bought into it. Now if that model continues to get results- do we really care if they influence?? I don’t. I just want to watch winning football, however it comes. 

Your second point is more nuanced. Of course you can support the team, and still want them out. That’s generally where I stand. But its not a simple binary choice, it’s far more interwoven that. People are so disgusted with the off field stuff (quite rightly) that it’s clouding an ablility to give a reasoned response about on the field. Quite a few have said- they have a long way to go before they change my mind- fair enough. But we’re on best away run for 12 years, at any point did we look like doing that last year?? No. So in pure footballing terms we are improving, and if the model includes Mo- which it clearly does; then he deserves a bit of credit. That doesn’t mean I like him, or want him at the club a second longer than is necessary. 

AL hasn't stopped pretending though. He said in his interview. "What's the point in a head coach if he doesn't pick the team and tactics". Maybe HK is now doing it his way.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Great post. 

Maybe they have just got lucky with HK, and by that I don’t mean just results- but much more importantly that he seems genuinely comfortable in the set up. That can’t be underestimated. He was asked in an interview the other week,  do the owners influence team selection, and he openly said. Abdullah doesn’t. . meaning mo does, but it’s fine- because that’s what he knew he was coming into. Two things have happened, the club have stopped pretending they don’t influence, and hired a head coach, and second- that head has bought into it. Now if that model continues to get results- do we really care if they influence?? I don’t. I just want to watch winning football, however it comes. 

Have we improved? 17th arnt we ? 

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

Archived