MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I wanted Kewell gone. I'm now coming round to the way we're playing, we're actually going for it. No doubt we'll lose a good few playing like this but I'll take a defeat going for it over sitting back from the off and losing

He's found the balance they were missing before, they're getting numbers up in attack to support Rowe but not as much as the expense of the defence (fair enough they're not keeping clean sheets but they look more solid). I think the likes of McAlmont, Garrity etc are gaining confidence too which helps, they're actually getting their heads up now and trying forward balls instead of playing the easy pass.

There's still a lot to work on but the signs are very promising

I'd say that, first 15 minutes aside, that was our most convincing performance of the season.

We had loads of chances on the break to score more and it's a little disappointing that we didn't but there's a clear strategy to what Kewell's trying to do away from home.

While McAleny and Rowe will rightly take the plaudits for moments of genius, the midfield of DKD, Garrity McCalmont and latterly Barnett (and Dylan Fage getting forward from right back) gave Rowe so much support on the counter and played a big part in our game plan.

Ntambwe has a specific role but does it very well, the back four looked balanced and pretty comfortable as the game went on and Lawlor, penalty aside, looks pretty decent.

I'm interested to see how we set up against Tranmere on Tuesday, it'll be a good test of how this squad is developing.  Onwards and Upwards!

2 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Even Dylan Fage played well. 

Fage has been a bit of a scapegoat, when we were awful there were worse players than him, plus he has been played in numerous positions, right back suit's him well as he offers more going forward. 

Take out the first 10/15 minutes and that was a very good performance. How we weren't at least 4-1 up by half time, I don't know. Ntambwe should have buried one, Garrity fluffed an open goal, McAleny hits the bar, O'Donnell makes a couple of very good saves and a couple of crosses were a whisker away.

Totally different side to a few weeks ago. It definitely starting to come together even with the likes of Dearnley and Bahamboula missing. Get them back and we're a dangerous side going forward. Defence needs to be a bit tighter, but it's looking so much better.

Well done HK. Now let's hit the Bin Dippers for a few on Tuesday night.

Real test against an inform Tranny midweek. Win that and start correcting our dire home form and we can start to feel optimistic this season I think.

Kewell looks to have found a way to play which works so credit where it’s due. Long may it continue.

Just been on the Bradford board and they all hate Kiwomya, the commentator today. Absolute cringe at times today that bloke. Roy is biased but that bloke was on another level today. Getting paid by the BBC and talking absolute drivel.

I thought no manager could work under these clowns????

It’s an impossible job???? 

Being able to rate the managers is pointless and futile???? 

Well. . Kewell is shoving that down our throats. 

6 wins in 7. 

Unbeaten in 6 away games. 

Playing better football than anything seen under Wild, Bunn, Dino, Banny, and Wellens-(other than his first 4 games) IMO. 

The best strike options we had in a long time. 

ON THE PITCH. . . doesn’t the club- Including ALMO deserve some credit? 

The performance from when we equalised to midway through the 2and half was absolutely superb We get men forward really well from midfield, I really like Connor Macleney technically sound a very clever player who has an extra yard in his head. We are still weak in defence we all know what needs to happen here so we don't need to go over it, not tonight anyway 

6 wins from 7 The Head Coach and players deserve alot of credit for that particularly when you look at how we started the season winning is habit. However I feel its a habit that Oldham Athletic should expect in the 4th tier its something we should be doing regularly if you don't agree just look at the clubs making up the top 7. 

Anyway let's toast a good victory tonight and overall a good month on the pitch in November. Watch us pull out someone like Tottenham away in the 3rd round a plum tie where we would have a proper filthy away day in normal circumstances.

Oh and finally Danny Rowe could impregnate a woman with his right foot it's amazing.

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I thought no manager could work under these clowns????

It’s an impossible job???? 

Being able to rate the managers is pointless and futile???? 

Well. . Kewell is shoving that down our throats. 

6 wins in 7. 

Unbeaten in 6 away games. 

Playing better football than anything seen under Wild, Bunn, Dino, Banny, and Wellens-(other than his first 4 games) IMO. 

The best strike options we had in a long time. 

ON THE PITCH. . . doesn’t the club- Including ALMO deserve some credit? 

I get some of this, but as for the playing better football than under Wild and some of Bunn's tenure, no way. Credit to HK for what he is achieving but let's remember we are only a BO TV appearance away from another downward spiral. 

Leave it to Kewell a manager/coach should live or die by his performances/results. 

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I get some of this, but as for the playing better football than under Wild and some of Bunn's tenure, no way. Credit to HK for what he is achieving but let's remember we are only a BO TV appearance away from another downward spiral. 

Leave it to Kewell a manager/coach should live or die by his performances/results. 

So no then. 😂

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

When was the last time we won 6 away on the bounce!? 

07/08 under Shez.

Tranmere 1-0 (Craig Davies?)

Bournemouth 3-0 (Lee Hughes?)

Doncaster (FA Cup) 2-1

Millwall 3-2 (Lee Hughes!)

Southend 1-0

Leeds 3-1

Everton (FA Cup) 1-0 (Gaz Mac)

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps I'm tainted by what the last few years have brought us, this on top of the pre AL years. It might take more than a few away wins and home defeats to get me crowing again. 

I get that mate, and I’m not lauding them by any means. 

But. 

We’ve all said (me included) this is a really poor squad/recruitment is awful/kewell is clueless/no manager will do anything under ALMO. 

The recent results, the quality of football and the ability the squad is now showing is proving us all wrong.

We need to give credit where it’s due, the problem is- like you say- people don’t want to see ALMO, even by proxy do well.

Archived