MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Credit where it’s due - well done Harry and Fage has come on a fair bit since the start of the season - maybe right back suits him. Good result should have been out of sight at half time

Looks like Hamer now 3rd choice right back.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I get that mate, and I’m not lauding them by any means. 

But. 

We’ve all said (me included) this is a really poor squad/recruitment is awful/kewell is clueless/no manager will do anything under ALMO. 

The recent results, the quality of football and the ability the squad is now showing is proving us all wrong.

We need to give credit where it’s due, the problem is- like you say- people don’t want to see ALMO, even by proxy do well.

The players and The Head Coach and his staff deserve credit for the recent run of very good results let's just leave it at that.

I think ALMO need to do quite a few more things right/correct a few acts of stupidity before we give them any plaudits.

Anyway Let's not have that debate tonight let's just enjoy the fact that we have won 6 of the last 7 and are in the 3rd round of the FA cup because we didn't see this coming a month ago.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The players and The Head Coach and his staff deserve credit for the recent run of very good results let's just leave it at that.

I think ALMO need to do quite a few more things right/correct a few acts of stupidity before we give them any plaudits.

Anyway Let's not have that debate tonight let's just enjoy the fact that we have won 6 of the last 7 and are in the 3rd round of the FA cup because we didn't see this coming a month ago.

To be fair, when we were shit and a few of us blamed Kewell, that was down to ALMO. So surely now, the wins are down to ALMO?

Played very well for most of the game. Bradford were toilet, but we looked very dangerous in the final third.

The key now is not to get too low on the poor performances or too high on the good ones. Let’s continue the upwards trajectory and climb the league table. 

one thing i have noticed is we seem to have a number of forwards who are prepared to have a go and put theyre foot through the ball from outside the box rather then trying to walk the ball into the net which seems to have coenceded with our increased strike rate 

15 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

To be fair, when we were shit and a few of us blamed Kewell, that was down to ALMO. So surely now, the wins are down to ALMO?

No, that's down to players and the head coach that's their remit to go out and do their best on the pitch and get results which they have done in recent weeks so they deserve the credit for that not the owner(s).

The owners get credit when they stop the petty disputes with the club captain and landlord, they recruit the right signings in January, we are run in a stable manner off the pitch and we have no shitstorms because that is their remit. When that happens they WILL get that credit when they do it.

Anyway let's not have that debate let's just toast Danny Rowes right foot.

2 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

one thing i have noticed is we seem to have a number of forwards who are prepared to have a go and put theyre foot through the ball from outside the box rather then trying to walk the ball into the net which seems to have coenceded with our increased strike rate 

It helps having Danny Rowe in our side. But how many times have we said in the past, just fucking hit it. 

Just watched the highlights, no replays on the BBC coverage.

Conor McAleny was devastating today, that strike was special.

Similarly Danny Rowe, the opposition must have done their homework, been aware of where the danger would come from, still couldn't stop him.

Really special players.

I have the same emotion as with Jonny Smith, just appreciate the talent and savour the moment.

Excited to see Zach back in the side, plus Dylan Bahamboula of course, he is also giving us reason to believe we can make a real go at promotion.

Keep the faith.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nah Glossop. Lets have the debate. 

The head coach doesn’t recruit. ALMO do, that recruitment has led to the best striking options in many a year and yet again ALMO signing’s have won the game today with two fabulous strikes. In addition the loan signings look very astute. We have endlessly critiqued the ‘poor squad’ yet it turns out it’s looking very decent. 

But let’s not talk about that. 

‘No manager can work under these clowns’ . . well Harry quite clearly can. 

But that doesn’t fit the popular narrative- so we’ll ignore that. 

Yardy’s favourite- ‘I can’t believe people still think it matters who the manager is’ .  . Well It turns out it does matter after all. 

But we’ll just put them six away wins on the bounce down to luck. . (a record we haven’t achieved for 12 years) 

What I can’t get my head around is why people are quite clearly resenting us doing well. Because guess what- it might just mean that ALMO are getting they’re act together. 

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No, that's down to players and the head coach that's their remit to go out and do their best on the pitch and get results which they have done in recent weeks so they deserve the credit for that not the owner(s).

The owners get credit when they stop the petty disputes with the club captain and landlord, they put a recruit the right signings in January, we are run in a stable manner off the pitch and we have no shitstorms because that is their remit. When that happens they WILL get that credit when they do it.

Anyway let's not have that debate let's just toast Danny Rowes right foot.

Let’s stop conflating two different points.

Off the pitch they are still a disgrace. 

On the pitch- where they clearly have influence they are doing much better/ or a good synergy has finally been found. It might annoy you they are involved in that way- but they are and deserve credit. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Folk can't wait to have the debate after a defeat...

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nah Glossop. Lets have the debate. 

The head coach doesn’t recruit. ALMO do, that recruitment has led to the best striking options in many a year and yet again ALMO signing’s have won the game today with two fabulous strikes. In addition the loan signings look very astute. We have endlessly critiqued the ‘poor squad’ yet it turns out it’s looking very decent. 

But let’s not talk about that. 

‘No manager can work under these clowns’ . . well Harry quite clearly can. 

But that doesn’t fit the popular narrative- so we’ll ignore that. 

Yardy’s favourite- ‘I can’t believe people still think it matters who the manager is’ .  . Well It turns out it does matter after all. 

But we’ll just put them six away wins on the bounce down to luck. . (a record we haven’t achieved for 12 years) 

What I can’t get my head around is why people are quite clearly resenting us doing well. Because guess what- it might just mean that ALMO are getting they’re act together. 

I am not sure that anyone is denying the success on the pitch they are playing the best football since Welkens was Manager. Leaving covid aside, I still can't renew my seat in the North Stand and if I am allowed to attend  I will still be a nomad. 

8 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I am not sure that anyone is denying the success on the pitch they are playing the best football since Welkens was Manager. Leaving covid aside, I still can't renew my seat in the North Stand and if I am allowed to attend  I will still be a nomad. 

Yep- off the pitch it’s still a shit show. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep- off the pitch it’s still a shit show. 

It is... and whilst we have a certain Mr Blitz holing the club to ransom for silly amounts of money that’s how it will continue. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Spot on Eyrsey. 

When we lose- it’s all ALMO’s fault and the manager doesn’t matter. 

When we win- it’s nothing to do them and Kewell deserves all credit. 

HK achieving some success despite ALMO. Imagine how much better we could do if they didn't deny him Wheater. 

A totally one sided game done professionally and smoothly  .Our games and goals are improving  and  our fitness levels are high pushing forwards and defending in numbers.Its a joy to watch apart from the odd blip like Scunny to which I hope lessons have been learnt. 

We are the form team atm and that's without  Zak..Just get this home games back to winning and we will ne there or thereabouts at the end of he season. 

Tuesday will be a big test but we have no one to fear in this division  apart from  ourselves 

Archived