Have your say on the new club crest

• Chaddyexile84 changed the title to Have your say on the new club crest
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like No1, even though it's very old fashioned, but other clubs have similar. Swindon, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Burnley and Carlisle are examples. It would go very well if we went back to the "traditional" broad blue stripe (front and back) that we wore for decades, but I don't think that will ever happen, as much as I'd love to see it back. That's the dinosaur in me.

Number three is an awful mess of the 90s badge so, unless no1 comes with the old style shirt, I'd go for no2, maybe without the name as @TheBigDog suggests. Perhaps just OAFC instead?

9 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I actually like No1, even though it's very old fashioned, but other clubs have similar. Swindon, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Burnley and Carlisle are examples. It would go very well if we went back to the "traditional" broad blue stripe (front and back) that we wore for decades, but I don't think that will ever happen, as much as I'd love to see it back. That's the dinosaur in me.

Number three is an awful mess of the 90s badge so, unless no1 comes with the old style shirt, I'd go for no2, maybe without the name as @TheBigDog suggests. Perhaps just OAFC instead?

Name would look good on 2 with a ribbon design similar to the original 90’s version or a ribbon similar to the one Blackburn have - it looks a bit added on just text underneath 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

I don't like any of them. Much prefer the current one. 

As I understand it though, the club doesn’t own the IP ((intellectual property) of the current badge. So probably why there is this push for a redesign.

Can anyone confirm this?

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As I understand it though, the club doesn’t own the IP ((intellectual property) of the current badge. So probably why there is this push for a redesign.

Can anyone confirm this?

Could be wrong but think he means the current anniversary one 

52 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I can see where your coming from with No 1. 

I tend to prefer a more minimal approach to club crests as per the latest Tottenham badge or even the Juventus crest.. 

2 is the best of a bad bunch, although they should do away with the text underneath and just have OAFC on the ball. 3 looks like they gave a 5 year-old the old badge & asked them to draw it, bloody awful. And whilst 1 isn't too bad it just looks too dated.

So 2, 1, 3 for me, but I'd prefer the current '125' badge with the team name on the ribbon & 1895 on the ball, that would be perfect.

18 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

2 is the best of a bad bunch, although they should do away with the text underneath and just have OAFC on the ball. 3 looks like they gave a 5 year-old the old badge & asked them to draw it, bloody awful. And whilst 1 isn't too bad it just looks too dated.

So 2, 1, 3 for me, but I'd prefer the current '125' badge with the team name on the ribbon & 1895 on the ball, that would be perfect.

2 would be good with the text, "we've finally fucked Barry Owen off". 

Archived