MATCH: vs. Sunderland 8-12-20

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

But we its always the same story against big strong players, our weak midfielders are easily brushed aside.

This small player thing seems to have been an issue at Latics for a long time. The last time we had a team big in stature, if I remember correctly, was when Dowie had the reins. I remember Wadsworth once saying it was like "Playing in the land of the giants" after bringing his Huddersfield team to BP.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor passing and indecision up front.Our defence is leaking soft goals which should be cleared  and midfield losing possession  cheaply.Sunderland  had a bid experienced team eg Diamond.Again another home loss.

Shit pizzas.

Too many fixtures piling up. 

Really not bothered. Never liked this trophy. I always remember Big Joe setting up the team to lose at Sheffield United (7-2?). It's too much, especially this season.

Can't understand why Rowe played when he wasn't fit to play on Saturday. 

We haven't replaced Wheater, McCann or Smith from last season. We do have the basis of a useful squad, but we need 3-4 good signings to push on.

48 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Shit pizzas.

Too many fixtures piling up. 

Really not bothered. Never liked this trophy. I always remember Big Joe setting up the team to lose at Sheffield United (7-2?). It's too much, especially this season.

Can't understand why Rowe played when he wasn't fit to play on Saturday. 

We haven't replaced Wheater, McCann or Smith from last season. We do have the basis of a useful squad, but we need 3-4 good signings to push on.

Agreed.Went o that game but will always remember winning there 5-1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Just how many times do you need to make the same point? You say it more often than you know who bangs on about Rowe. 

Are you always grumpy after a loss?

I know more about the game than you ever will and I will repeat my points as much as I like on a forum and your moanings won't make me stop.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I know more about the game than you ever will and I will repeat my points as much as I like on a forum and your moanings won't make me stop.

442. Long ball. Target man. No more than 2 passes to get from one end of the pitch to the other and no women in stadium on match day. Not much to ask is it

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

.............and modest as well !!

The point is not what you know but how often you feel the need to repeat it.

It's tedious.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good lord. 

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Really not bothered. Never liked this trophy. I always remember Big Joe setting up the team to lose at Sheffield United (7-2?). 

Am I correct in thinking we were 2-0 up after 5 minutes in this game?

Archived