MATCH: vs. Sunderland 8-12-20

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, latics22 said:

Made up!

Latics22 and I knew each other from when we were around 7 years old, I first met him when he was bullying a younger child  by making him jump in a puddle. We haven't really spoken much for around a decade now, but a large part of when we did two of his fave things to say were that he loves Simon Corney and that Simon Corney is a 'hero'. For around a quarter of a century prior to this I tried and tried and tried to make him read actual articles in actual newspapers rather than just the headlines in the sun. He wouldn't listen and ended up as a tony Blair loving, Iraq war supporting chap stuck in negative equity bc he bought a house just as the bubble predictably burst.

I think he found a girl who bailed him out (he always was a dark horse). But, I'd be wary on trusting this and any other proclamation as there is a high chance he doesn't actually believe it, he just likes to take up a position volte-face to my own and entrench there. 

He's not quite the troll he used to be, but his narcissism will be deeply wounded by this post and I can't predict the results. Well, actually, I probably could if I gave it some thought but part of my well documented mental health battle realisations was the shedding of negative influences. Therefore I probably couldn't muster up enough shit to give if I tried.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble (gamble on the olde handle).

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I know more about the game than you ever will and I will repeat my points as much as I like on a forum and your moanings won't make me stop.

Is Trump a Latics fan?

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Latics22 and I knew each other from when we were around 7 years old, I first met him when he was bullying a younger child  by making him jump in a puddle. We haven't really spoken much for around a decade now, but a large part of when we did two of his fave things to say were that he loves Simon Corney and that Simon Corney is a 'hero'. For around a quarter of a century prior to this I tried and tried and tried to make him read actual articles in actual newspapers rather than just the headlines in the sun. He wouldn't listen and ended up as a tony Blair loving, Iraq war supporting chap stuck in negative equity bc he bought a house just as the bubble predictably burst.

I think he found a girl who bailed him out (he always was a dark horse). But, I'd be wary on trusting this and any other proclamation as there is a high chance he doesn't actually believe it, he just likes to take up a position volte-face to my own and entrench there. 

He's not quite the troll he used to be, but his narcissism will be deeply wounded by this post and I can't predict the results. Well, actually, I probably could if I gave it some thought but part of my well documented mental health battle realisations was the shedding of negative influences. Therefore I probably couldn't muster up enough shit to give if I tried.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble (gamble on the olde handle).

16 hours ago, astottie said:

Am I correct in thinking we were 2-0 up after 5 minutes in this game?

That's my recollection. I always think that Joe went into a kind of panic and changed things around because he didn't need the extra hassle of more games. He set up us to lose for the best possible reasons. Fixture overload had cost us promotion and he didn't want a repeat.

Only my interpretation, and vague memory, but everyone on the Oldham bench seemed happy when we lost, and most fans seemed non-plussed.

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No idea.... other than I know he & inspector knacker don’t get on. Read into that what you will....

They were best of buddies early on, I attended one of those meet the managers that Johnson hosted at BP at the start of his tenure. He and shit peas were like a double act. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
On 12/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, BP1960 said:

Are you always grumpy after a loss?

I know more about the game than you ever will and I will repeat my points as much as I like on a forum and your moanings won't make me stop.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:54 PM, Dave_Og said:

Good lord. 

Wow.  😆.  

I think we need a couple of big lads up front with some hard men (not "weaklings") in midfield, smashing people and launching it to the big lads...  at the back we need some big lads... and a big lad in goal.

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wow.  😆.  

I think we need a couple of big lads up front with some hard men (not "weaklings") in midfield, smashing people and launching it to the big lads...  at the back we need some big lads... and a big lad in goal.

Should the manager/his assistants use a clipboard?

Archived