MATCH: vs Bradford City (H) 12/12/20

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Any team that can lose to us 3 times over the course of a season should be automatically relegated. 

Didnt Notts Forest sack their manager after losing to us a few years ago?

7 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Didnt Notts Forest sack their manager after losing to us a few years ago?

Yep but can't remember who. Also Sheffield United sacked Billy Mcewan after the 5-0 , Grimsby sacked Alan Buckley after the 6-0 and Sunderland sacked Lawrie Mc. There a long list of them As disjointed says losing to Latics is the final disgrace. 

8 minutes ago, astottie said:

Feb 2006 3-0. I think the 5-0 was possibly the season after with Calderwood?  in charge.

Correct - I was sat behind Megson as he tried to ignore the “sacked in the morning” chants - I was further towards the RRE for the monsoon that was the New Year’s Day 5-0 massacre 

58 minutes ago, astottie said:

Feb 2006 3-0. I think the 5-0 was possibly the season after with Calderwood?  in charge.

Ah yes you're right, I was getting mixed up with the 3-0 Feb 2006 & the 5-0 New Year's Day 2007. Funny how we turned them over in consecutive seasons, looking back we had a decent side around that time.

20 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Ah yes you're right, I was getting mixed up with the 3-0 Feb 2006 & the 5-0 New Year's Day 2007. Funny how we turned them over in consecutive seasons, looking back we had a decent side around that time.

Said it many times but as Craig Rocastle screamed in the downpour fists clenched as he smashed in the fifth I was absolutely convinced we were going up that year - then Kiegan Parker and Blackpool pissed all over it , with some help from Alan Blayney 

Archived