League Tables 15.12.20

Bristolatic

Three players got it all wrong for this match, @4oakslatic predicting 1-1 at half time, but a 0-2 defeat with a Latics scorer, @milnrow latics went for 3-1 at half time, but a final score of 1-0 and @philwhite posted too late (18:57) for it to count.

Unsurprisingly, no one had Fage as scorer.

Premier League

What a crazy one this is! Just one point or nothing was the order of the day as @astottie and @JohnnyPimp failed to post a prediction. @GlossopLatic's solitary point takes him to the top of the table. It's a funny old game. There's no movement in the bottom five.

TorvbLl.jpg

Championship

Slightly better than the Premier League, but only two points for the best in division, scored by @JoeP, @Nohairdontcare and @south east latic. There's no movement in the top seven as three players didn't take part, namely @Brisbaneblue, @HarryBosch and @Latics_Fanatic

XUw72e0.jpg

League 1

@Dick_Valentine was the best with 4 points, but it's not enough to get him out of relegation trouble, but @oafc21's 3 points lifts him 4 places into the play-offs as @JohnG123 and @Sparkleking drop out. The top four and bottom six stay the same, and four players didn't take part.

lyIMgbZ.jpg

League 2

Four points again in League 2, this time by @futchers briefs, but only moves him 1 place as no one disturbs the top three. Only six players moved at all, up or down one place and @Chaddyexile84 remains stuck at the bottom.

ZuGbQc5.jpg

14 minutes ago, astottie said:

Hi Bristol  I did post, probably early afternoon on Tuesday. 2-1 win 1-0 HT Mcaleny I think . I got confirmation that it had been received. 

Nothing there I'm afraid. I know Google were having issues earlier this week, but didn't think it'd impacted us (we use an underlying google sheet to capture entries). Very frustrating.

I'm making good progress on the replacement system - proper webapp which doesn't use bloody google! Allows people to see what they (and others) have predicted, and properly edit etc. We were planning on waiting till it was 100% complete (i.e. with all scoring/table generation automated also) before releasing, but might have to have a rethink as I'm getting fed up of the current setup, as I'm sure many of you are!

55 minutes ago, astottie said:

Hi Bristol  I did post, probably early afternoon on Tuesday. 2-1 win 1-0 HT Mcaleny I think . I got confirmation that it had been received. 

Because a few regular predictors have not had their predictions showing recently, I've been going back in and thoroughly rechecking in case anything has been missed, even to the point of printing the entire Google sheet as an extra cross check. On every occasion, none of the missing predictions that have been flagged up are showing.

I don't want to revert to the old system as it takes far too long to produce and, with games coming thick and fast this season, plus Christmas around the corner, I simply can't give that amount of time to resurrecting it. As @oafcmetty says, it's a frustrating situation for us as well as for everyone else, which is a shame because, when he first showed me the set up, it looked brilliant. We didn't expect the problems that it has thrown up and we've reached the stage where, after every match, I'm wondering what has been missed out this time.

All I can say is, bear with us for a little while longer. I know @oafcmetty is working very hard on the improved system, but he does have a job as well; he's not an old retired bugger like me! In the meantime, all I can ask is that everyone makes sure they have predicted correctly (half time and full time in the right order, scorers/no scorers etc) and make sure you get the dialog box confirming entry, then click OK.

Meanwhile, although I can't be constantly checking, I will make periodic checks and, if I spot an incorrect/impossible entry as has been the case a few times recently, I'll drop the player a PM asking him/her to post again. Obviously, I can't see "missing" predictions, but we want it to work correctly as much as you all do.

25 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Because a few regular predictors have not had their predictions showing recently, I've been going back in and thoroughly rechecking in case anything has been missed, even to the point of printing the entire Google sheet as an extra cross check. On every occasion, none of the missing predictions that have been flagged up are showing.

I don't want to revert to the old system as it takes far too long to produce and, with games coming thick and fast this season, plus Christmas around the corner, I simply can't give that amount of time to resurrecting it. As @oafcmetty says, it's a frustrating situation for us as well as for everyone else, which is a shame because, when he first showed me the set up, it looked brilliant. We didn't expect the problems that it has thrown up and we've reached the stage where, after every match, I'm wondering what has been missed out this time.

All I can say is, bear with us for a little while longer. I know @oafcmetty is working very hard on the improved system, but he does have a job as well; he's not an old retired bugger like me! In the meantime, all I can ask is that everyone makes sure they have predicted correctly (half time and full time in the right order, scorers/no scorers etc) and make sure you get the dialog box confirming entry, then click OK.

Meanwhile, although I can't be constantly checking, I will make periodic checks and, if I spot an incorrect/impossible entry as has been the case a few times recently, I'll drop the player a PM asking him/her to post again. Obviously, I can't see "missing" predictions, but we want it to work correctly as much as you all do.

Thanks for all the efforts - I wish mine weren't getting logged so I had something to blame other than my memory or woeful predictions when I do remember!!

It's only a bit of fun at the end of the day I'm sure everyone takes it in their stride

46 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Thanks for all the efforts - I wish mine weren't getting logged so I had something to blame other than my memory or woeful predictions when I do remember!!

It's only a bit of fun at the end of the day I'm sure everyone takes it in their stride

Yep agreed.  Not a lot we can do I suppose. It's just that 'We should be top of the league, I say we should  be top of the league ' doesn't quite scan as well!😁

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Can I say I have tried to enter the prediction for the Newport game on the digikey link and it is not working. I will try again later but if it doesn't work I am predicting 3-2 home win 1-1 half time Bambam 1st goal. 

Working for me...

Archived