Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just sent the club an email, expressing exactly how i feel. I don't expect a reply, and nothing will change, but i'm so angry at what he's done. This has finally tipped me over the edge. Bastard.

No doubt about that 😂😂

It's almost as if that line about our transfer policy focussing on youth and not signing over 30s was totally made up to try and excuse letting all our experienced and strong minded (and higher earnin

Posted Images

If clubs took the PL grant money then they aren't allowed to spend any money on transfer fees in January so don't think any will go out.

 

Would like to let Wheater go and replace him with somebody else experienced but don't think many will want to spend to buy him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be gobsmacked if Wheater pulls on a Latics shirt again, so let's try to get Clarke for the rest of the season.

 

If anyone came in for Garrity, Whelan and maybe DKD, I'd let them go, provided we can get two back in. One who can put his foot on the ball and dictate play, someone in the mould of Baxter first time around and a genuine left winger who can whip crosses in. Bahamboula is fine playing wide right.

 

Definitely another striker, the old style hit 'em hard and strong, knocking CBs about instead of the other way round. You've then got Rowe, Dearnley and McAleny to use at will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'd be gobsmacked if Wheater pulls on a Latics shirt again, so let's try to get Clarke for the rest of the season.

 

If anyone came in for Garrity, Whelan and maybe DKD, I'd let them go, provided we can get two back in. One who can put his foot on the ball and dictate play, someone in the mould of Baxter first time around and a genuine left winger who can whip crosses in. Bahamboula is fine playing wide right.

 

Definitely another striker, the old style hit 'em hard and strong, knocking CBs about instead of the other way round. You've then got Rowe, Dearnley and McAleny to use at will.

Bamboozler seems equally effective on either flank ( assist on McCalmont's goal ) and DKD put a few good crosses in on Saturday and CBJ and Barnett can cross a decent ball so I wouldn't be too bothered about a winger. It's people not getting on the end of them that's the failing.

Totally agree about at least one decent midfielder needed and a spare big lad up front for variety.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Feels like it could potentially be an important one so what do we need most lads?

 

Right back? Centre half? Centre mid? Keep hold of the ones we've got? Wheater out to free up wages?

We need the owner to show a small sense of ambition by not offloading Rowe with the excuse his contract is up at the end of the season.  Any realistic fee for 30 odd year old with 6 months left on his contract cannot be worth jeopordising the chance of any success on the field.   I think this window will be another clear sign of AL's intentions and if he does offload Rowe, even the most avid of AL lover cannot defend the guy.  The lack of injury update is leaving me nervous if im honest and I bet a few clubs in and around the play off places might be thinking they could nick him off us to almost guarantee themselves a top 7 finish.  

 

In an ideal world (or just with normal owners), i'd be looking for two new midfielders before starting on the back four. I've never known a team to be the second highest scoring in the league but still be on a negative goal difference. 

 

 

Edited by Clubfootkilkenny
Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrity back to Blackpool. He works hard and covers every blade of grass, but it's pointless if he gives the ball away when he gets it, which happens all to often. I don't think we need another striker, it would be a bit of a luxury when we need a couple of centre midfield players who can pass and pick out through balls to beat a packed defence. We must also try and keep hold of Clarke. Wheater isn't going to feature again, so we may as well attempt to pay him off, or offload him whether he would accept that is another matter. they couldn't manage it in the summer. The rest are good enough for this league, but should we get promoted  (who knows) a complete overhaul would be needed.

 

Isn't Bamboozle on a short term contract. If so, we need to tie him down for another couple of years.

Edited by al_bro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Garrity back to Blackpool. He works hard and covers every blade of grass, but it's pointless if he gives the ball away when he gets it, which happens all to often. I don't think we need another striker, it would be a bit of a luxury when we need a couple of centre midfield players who can pass and pick out through balls to beat a packed defence. We must also try and keep hold of Clarke. Wheater isn't going to feature again, so we may as well attempt to pay him off, or offload him whether he would accept that is another matter. they couldn't manage it in the summer. The rest are good enough for this league, but should we get promoted  (who knows) a complete overhaul would be needed.

 

Isn't Bamboozle on a short term contract. If so, we need to tie him down for another couple of years.

I'd imagine his agents phone is none stop... dont think we need another Stricker. We have 3 in a rich vein of form and blackwood to come back and grant has played there. That's 5 that's plenty 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

We need the owner to show a small sense of ambition by not offloading Rowe with the excuse his contract is up at the end of the season.  Any realistic fee for 30 odd year old with 6 months left on his contract cannot be worth jeopordising the chance of any success on the field.   I think this window will be another clear sign of AL's intentions and if he does offload Rowe, even the most avid of AL lover cannot defend the guy.  The lack of injury update is leaving me nervous if im honest and I bet a few clubs in and around the play off places might be thinking they could nick him off us to almost guarantee themselves a top 7 finish. 

Well we have hardly missed him the last few games-goal scoring is not a problem at the moment.

Conceding goals is the problem at the moment so that needs to be addressed as a priority. Wheater surely isn't going to play for us again so get him off the books.

Hard to criticise any financial income to the club from Rowe or anybody else leaving during this dreadful season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Priority 1: keep Clarke.

 

If not, we need a centre back more than anything else.

 

Priority 2: a centre mid who can pass the ball 10m. 

 

Preferably a cynical old bastard who can organise a team around him

 

There are lots of places we could improve our team, but I'd take just those two signings this January.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

We need the owner to show a small sense of ambition by not offloading Rowe with the excuse his contract is up at the end of the season.  Any realistic fee for 30 odd year old with 6 months left on his contract cannot be worth jeopordising the chance of any success on the field.   I think this window will be another clear sign of AL's intentions and if he does offload Rowe, even the most avid of AL lover cannot defend the guy.  The lack of injury update is leaving me nervous if im honest and I bet a few clubs in and around the play off places might be thinking they could nick him off us to almost guarantee themselves a top 7 finish.  

 

In an ideal world (or just with normal owners), i'd be looking for two new midfielders before starting on the back four. I've never known a team to be the second highest scoring in the league but still be on a negative goal difference. 

 

 

I don't think he was particularly sought after when we got him so wouldn't be too concerned there, McAlney on the other hand you could certainly imagine a few clubs being interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could pick a centre back from all the other teams in this division ,who would it be. Similar a midfielder. lets face it thats all we could afford.

 

My choice would be Peter Clarke and Twine who played against us on Saturday.  But its never going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Two central midfielders, at least one of them experienced in the McCann mould.

 

Another striker never hurts.

 

Keep Bahamboula.

 

Replace Wheater with an experienced man but preferably a slightly younger, more mobile one.....

 

Ched Evans released by Fleetwood.🤨

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...