January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HK was saying that they had identified players they would like to bring in. Now he is saying he is happy with his squad, but hopefully they will be able to bring in on or two. Ideally he would like a striker to put competition onto the current strikers. They obviously don't seem to think that midfield is the problem.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

HK was saying that they had identified players they would like to bring in. Now he is saying he is happy with his squad, but hopefully they will be able to bring in on or two. Ideally he would like a striker to put competition onto the current strikers. They obviously don't seem to think that midfield is the problem.

Christ. 😂😂

31 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He genuinely thinks Garrity is good, doesn't he?

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Seriously. The midfield does not actually exist. Some of the defenders might not be the best, but they are constantly exposed from the oppositions midfield. It makes it look like they're always the ones to blame. Sometimes they are to blame, but they are often being run ragged because they get no cover or support from the midfield.

Dear me.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

"I'd love to get a striker in to put more pressure on my strikers......"

I really have to think he was just deflecting there. I want to believe that for the sake of squad morale he hasn't singled out our dis-functional midfield, and that they are trying to bring someone in.

That, or Mo has a striker lined up and he has to lump it. If this isn't the case I'll just go back to my original opinion of him as a hopeless dreamer. 

I'm quite happy that we are scoring goals for fun this season, I can even accept that we will concede goals, but FFS please try and strengthen the midfield, I don't think I have seen a worse midfield than this lot in all the years I have been supporting us. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I'm quite happy that we are scoring goals for fun this season, I can even accept that we will concede goals, but FFS please try and strengthen the midfield, I don't think I have seen a worse midfield than this lot in all the years I have been supporting us. 

We have scored once, a penalty, in our last 2  games......we should try to have some more fun?

6 hours ago, latics22 said:

Kewell was a top class midfielder surely he knows we have s problem there ?

He was a winger. The quick transition, try and soak up attacks then hit them on the break style of play actually couldn't be any more reflective of this fact. Playing a winger like DKD in CM reflects this. Playing a player like Garrity who loses the ball all the time reflects this as HK's wingers mentality means he is quite forgiving of this crime. Regularly having a team 90 min pass completion of around 60% (🤮🤮) reflects this.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

I said this season, not the last 2 games, I suppose being pedantic comes natural to you. 

A pedant might get into the contrast between Home and Away goals and say that 14 from 11 at home is not scoring for fun in over half of our fixtures this season and does not even put us in the top half of home scoring in the league. We score freely away from home for sure and your point about scoring goals not being our major issue is absolutely valid 

10 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

A pedant might get into the contrast between Home and Away goals and say that 14 from 11 at home is not scoring for fun in over half of our fixtures this season and does not even put us in the top half of home scoring in the league. We score freely away from home for sure and your point about scoring goals not being our major issue is absolutely valid 

You get more boring with each new username

Archived