January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

DMaarms on twitter says replacement already lined up. Not a foreign based player. Asked if he would be happy with the player said...he would have been happy with signing him in 2011.

Ricketts? 

37 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Swap deal for Clayton Donaldson according to rumours on twitter

At 36 years of age no thanks and apparently it doesn’t fit our recruiting model lol 

9 hours ago, super_blue said:

Unhappy player, got a fee, got a big wage off the books that hopefully we can spend wisely elsewhere. I was a fan of Rowe but if he don’t wanna be here there is no point keeping him. 

Where’s it been documented that he doesn’t want to be here? 

9 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Swap deal for Clayton Donaldson according to rumours on twitter

Jesus wept. I understand cashing in on Rowe - his deal is up in the summer and, given he is good mates with Wheater, I can't imagine he would be too keen on staying beyond then. But to replace him with Donaldson would be ridiculous. Surely even we wouldn't be that stupid...

54 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Jesus wept. I understand cashing in on Rowe - his deal is up in the summer and, given he is good mates with Wheater, I can't imagine he would be too keen on staying beyond then. But to replace him with Donaldson would be ridiculous. Surely even we wouldn't be that stupid...

Considering he's 36yo and we are led to believe the owner is building for the future.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Considering he's 36yo and we are led to believe the owner is building for the future.

7 goals in his last 68 appearances just isn't going to light up our season is it 

Hopefully we will have someone better lined up as a replacement

13 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Rowe, Dearnley and McAleny are the best strike force we've had (relative to our division) for a very long time, and it's hard to see that any of them will be here this time next season. 

It's depressing because we only need to tighten up at the back, by bringing in an experienced defender who can lead the team (I dunno, maybe the one on our books who's been in exile all season could do the job) we could have easily been pushing for the playoffs. 

We should be offering Rowe a 3 year deal, not looking to offload him. He's 30, not 35. It's not like he relies on blistering pace which will impair his ability in a few years. He relies on height and a very good technical ability (the way he can bring the ball down, turn and find a pass as well as having an eye for goal). He'll still have that for seasons to come. The fact he hasn't banged them in isn't because he's not good enough, it's because he's adopted a deeper role which has allowed quicker players like Dearnley and McAleny to get forward, and Rowe's done fantastically at being able to drop deep, holding the ball up whilst players around him advance forward allowing us to build an attack.

Couldn’t agree more. It would be a ridiculous decision to get rid of him. He’s our most gifted player technically. We haven’t used him as much as we should have. 

Just my humble opinion if all this is true... one thing Donaldson can do is hold the ball up. At present in all the games I have watched no one as managed to do this consistently. 
Who knows could be a master stroke..............

2 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Just my humble opinion if all this is true... one thing Donaldson can do is hold the ball up. At present in all the games I have watched no one as managed to do this consistently. 

Believe me swapping Rowe for Donaldson would not be any form of a master stroke. 

4 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Will he still be holding the ball up next season though, and the season after? Because Rowe will still be doing it then. He’s 6 years younger than Donaldson. I don’t see any positives for Latics whatsoever in this deal if it happens.

Archived