January Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Just my humble opinion if all this is true... one thing Donaldson can do is hold the ball up. At present in all the games I have watched no one as managed to do this consistently. 
Who knows could be a master stroke..............

Shot to pieces is how Bradford fans have described him.

It’s such a Latics signing. Couldn’t get him when he was in his prime and lost out to Brentford and end up getting him 10 years later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Couldn’t agree more. It would be a ridiculous decision to get rid of him. He’s our most gifted player technically. We haven’t used him as much as we should have. 

It’s obvious he will be off in May unfortunately anyway so to sell him for a fee now is a no brainer.

Be interesting to hear what Kewell has to say about this when it's confirmed.

My guess it will be "we got a good offer...blah blah blah and we have a quality replacement lined up"

Will confirm he is the puppet the Lemmy's want. They are probably writing his script now!

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s obvious he will be off in May unfortunately anyway so to sell him for a fee now is a no brainer.

It's only a no brainer if you source an adequate replacement. This just smacks of yet again trying to limp through to the end of the season looking to save a few quid.

Surely a defining moment in the tenure of our current chairman and owner.

Less than auspicious beginnings, considerable and most would testify unnecessary upset and damage to good will and relationship with supporters.

The recent relative stability and lack of embarrassing disputes with the landlord or HMRC has been appreciated.

Any fragile optimism or reason to have faith will be shattered if this episode isn't handled properly.

Some argue Danny was always leaving, so make a smart business decision, maybe that's correct, I retain the irrational outlook of a Latics supporter, not an accountant.

Appreciate there may be unbearable financial pressure on the owner, so any good offer on a player might be worth taking.

Comes down to how this is managed and communicated.

A credible replacement would help, or at least a statement to say how this is in the best interests of the club, meaning viability of the business and safeguarding for staff.

I don't expect to see a suitably gifted player coming in or this transaction enabling the purchase of the North Stand, but hey ho we live in hope ....

48 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

A credible replacement would help, or at least a statement to say how this is in the best interests of the club, meaning viability of the business and safeguarding for staff.

I don't expect to see a suitably gifted player coming in or this transaction enabling the purchase of the North Stand, but hey ho we live in hope ....

Any "credible replacement" will end in tears as they will no doubt end up falling out with the hierarchy at the club...

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Surely a defining moment in the tenure of our current chairman and owner.

It's not defining - the dozens of mismanaged incidents that have occurred under their watch has shown them for what they are.  This is just the latest cock-up and it'll keep happening.

And it seems they don't care, because they demonstrate a complete unwillingness to learn from their mistakes.

In the TBPAS podcast, Karl Evans said they're going no-where because who (apart from them) would want to "buy a pitch and badge"?

We're knackered.  I can't get riled by it anymore, because the future just seems inevitable..

As long as Mo is involved with recruitment (and probably interfering in team selection) we've no chance.

He's never been involved in the team management in his live until he came here.

By his own admission, he thinks that his recruitment is successful.

If he's that good, how can that fuckwit not see the gaping hole in midfield that the rest of us amateurs can see.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I think I referred to the thought of recruiting well enough in this window to have a crack at the play offs as being a fantasy earlier in this thread. I'll stick with that. 

After we beat Newport this logically had to be the next step. I am not surprised we have gone backwards since then. 

Just now, GKing521 said:

After we beat Newport this logically had to be the next step. I am not surprised we have gone backwards since then. 

We beat Newport with one of the best displays in years under Dino, and just as he was building a team he was axed.  I'd say that was unbelievable, but with this owner nothing is logical. 

A team that could actually pass a ball here,

Archived