January Transfer Window

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We beat Newport with one of the best displays in years under Dino, and just as he was building a team he was axed.  I'd say that was unbelievable, but with this owner nothing is logical. 

They were dreadful though (and injury ravaged?). One swallow doesn't make a summer - Kewell is an upgrade.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

They were dreadful though (and injury ravaged?). One swallow doesn't make a summer - Kewell is an upgrade.

Not in my opinion, his dysfunctional teams show no sign of consistency or do simple things like passing the ball and keeping possession, whereas Dino was building a team to get us out of this division  - until AL threw a spanner in the works.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not in my opinion, his dysfunctional teams show no sign of consistency or do simple things like passing the ball and keeping possession, whereas Dino was building a team to get us out of this division  - until AL threw a spanner in the works.

Dino was working with superior players

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We beat Newport with one of the best displays in years under Dino, and just as he was building a team he was axed.  I'd say that was unbelievable, but with this owner nothing is logical. 

A team that could actually pass a ball here,

And rowe was involved in at least 3 of those goals.

32 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I tip my hat to you, using the term "superior players" in context alongside Lemsagan's stewardship. 

It easy really any previous season to said current Season, the players were a upgrade.  Season after season we down grade. Normally with one marquee signing, who is frozen out the following season

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

It easy really any previous season to said current Season, the players were a upgrade.  Season after season we down grade. Normally with one marquee signing, who is frozen out the following season

Circling the drain, you could say

Just now, GKing521 said:

He only lasted a year. Abdallah was desperate to sign him at the time and now he’s been chucked out. 11 goals in 32 appearances is more or less impossible to replace without any money. Bravo to all involved. Hope you choke.

The 11 goals in 32 appearances doesn’t even do it justice. How many assists and involvement in the build up’s did he provide. 

Fuck it I’m Oldham through and through, I hope we go down. 

The only way this deal gets any miniscule credit is if it was literally too good to turn down. If we're talking no chance of him signing in summer because bigger clubs like Bradford are in for him and the money on the table was hundreds of thousands then fine. As long as that's weighed up against the negative effect not having him in the team will have (not likely) or if we have someone ready made to replace him (not likely). Shite!

Archived