January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

£200k plus add ons was the figure being banded about. Not sure I believe it though.

So even if its half that figure we've made a loss on the player? I take it the add ons will mean a fee after a number of appearances and possibly a sell on clause?

If we are scratching around for that kind of money then the signs are ominous.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So even if its half that figure we've made a loss on the player? I take it the add ons will mean a fee after a number of appearances and possibly a sell on clause?

If we are scratching around for that kind of money then the signs are ominous.

Or positive, depending on your pov?

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Any names you’re willing to share?

Lee Frecklington, George Thorne and Dean Marney could all day a "Chris McCann" style job.

Jack Hobbs could do a job at centre half.

Craig Davies (yeah, yeah, I know), Will Buckley, Anthony Stokes and Stephen Davies could all do an attacking job in L2...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lee Frecklington, George Thorne and Dean Marney could all day a "Chris McCann" style job.

Craig Davies (yeah, yeah, I know), Will Buckley, Anthony Stokes and Stephen Davies could all do a job in L2...

But if they get two offers ours is unlikely to be the most attractive

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

They've been free agents since the summer of 2020. They aren't exactly beating clubs away with a stick...

McCann appeared to prefer to sit and wait then move to the proverbial pub league than take what we might have offered

It seems on the surface shit I know but let's be honest.... we are too lightweight to challenge for promotion, and even without Rowe there are more than 2 shit teams worse than us in this league so we should avoid the drop.

He was clearly going anyway at the end of the season so if we got a few quid then that's fine.

I'd be interested to know what our league record looks like this season when you compare games Rowe started against when he didn't play? Will probably give the true value of his effectiveness. 

Personally I liked him and we seemed better when he played...but the stats could say different?

41 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It seems on the surface shit I know but let's be honest.... we are too lightweight to challenge for promotion, and even without Rowe there are more than 2 shit teams worse than us in this league so we should avoid the drop.

He was clearly going anyway at the end of the season so if we got a few quid then that's fine.

I'd be interested to know what our league record looks like this season when you compare games Rowe started against when he didn't play? Will probably give the true value of his effectiveness. 

Personally I liked him and we seemed better when he played...but the stats could say different?

I think it's:

When he started P9 W3 D1 L5 (all his 4 league goals came in matches that he started)

When he came on as sub P6 W1 D1 L4

When he didn't play at all P8 W4 D2 L2

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yep. Macclesfield (H), Scunthorpe (H), Salford (A)  and Cheltenham (A) last season were the worst I have ever seen...

I was at that, the 3-0 just after New Year. They are just down the road from me and it was the last Latics game I attended.

Truly awful. I went with my neighbour who's a West Ham fan. We were walking back to the car in silence and I said that was too much, couldn't he at least go on a rant, tell me how bad we were and let off steam? He just looked at me and said I'd suffered enough.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

I asked Mccann (he lives near me) and he said "Oldham didn't want me".

True. In that Dino interview, he says that he had persuaded McCann to come back, but AL said no.

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I think it's:

When he started P9 W3 D1 L5 (all his 4 league goals came in matches that he started)

When he came on as sub P6 W1 D1 L4

When he didn't play at all P8 W4 D2 L2

So we did best when he didn’t play at all.....you might need to start crossing a new account name 😀

Archived