Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

 

No. Then that wouldn't be a good business decision..

I agree,  we made more in the Papa John's.

 

The token fee make's it look like financial gain wasn't the main reason why the transfer happened.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just sent the club an email, expressing exactly how i feel. I don't expect a reply, and nothing will change, but i'm so angry at what he's done. This has finally tipped me over the edge. Bastard.

No doubt about that 😂😂

It's almost as if that line about our transfer policy focussing on youth and not signing over 30s was totally made up to try and excuse letting all our experienced and strong minded (and higher earnin

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Does anyone know how much we paid for him?

£200k plus add ons was the figure being banded about. Not sure I believe it though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

£200k plus add ons was the figure being banded about. Not sure I believe it though.

 

So even if its half that figure we've made a loss on the player? I take it the add ons will mean a fee after a number of appearances and possibly a sell on clause?

 

If we are scratching around for that kind of money then the signs are ominous.

Edited by GlossopLatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

So even if its half that figure we've made a loss on the player? I take it the add ons will mean a fee after a number of appearances and possibly a sell on clause?

 

If we are scratching around for that kind of money then the signs are ominous.

Or positive, depending on your pov?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Or positive, depending on your pov?

 

Well if Lemsagams do one my concern would be the transition I doubt it will be a smooth one and it also depends who the incoming person is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Well if Lemsagams do one my concern would be the transition I doubt it will be a smooth one and it also depends who the incoming person is.

AL pardoning Shitpeas before being whisked away. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

Any names you’re willing to share?

Lee Frecklington, George Thorne and Dean Marney could all day a "Chris McCann" style job.

 

Jack Hobbs could do a job at centre half.

 

Craig Davies (yeah, yeah, I know), Will Buckley, Anthony Stokes and Stephen Davies could all do an attacking job in L2...

Edited by Lee Sinnott2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lee Frecklington, George Thorne and Dean Marney could all day a "Chris McCann" style job.

 

Craig Davies (yeah, yeah, I know), Will Buckley, Anthony Stokes and Stephen Davies could all do a job in L2...

 

But if they get two offers ours is unlikely to be the most attractive

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave_Og said:

 

But if they get two offers ours is unlikely to be the most attractive

They've been free agents since the summer of 2020. They aren't exactly beating clubs away with a stick...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

They've been free agents since the summer of 2020. They aren't exactly beating clubs away with a stick...

McCann appeared to prefer to sit and wait then move to the proverbial pub league than take what we might have offered

Edited by Dave_Og
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems on the surface shit I know but let's be honest.... we are too lightweight to challenge for promotion, and even without Rowe there are more than 2 shit teams worse than us in this league so we should avoid the drop.

He was clearly going anyway at the end of the season so if we got a few quid then that's fine.

I'd be interested to know what our league record looks like this season when you compare games Rowe started against when he didn't play? Will probably give the true value of his effectiveness. 

Personally I liked him and we seemed better when he played...but the stats could say different?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I asked Mccann (he lives near me) and he said "Oldham didn't want me".

Fair enough.  But look at what they got instead.  Doesn't speak volumes for them really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It seems on the surface shit I know but let's be honest.... we are too lightweight to challenge for promotion, and even without Rowe there are more than 2 shit teams worse than us in this league so we should avoid the drop.

He was clearly going anyway at the end of the season so if we got a few quid then that's fine.

I'd be interested to know what our league record looks like this season when you compare games Rowe started against when he didn't play? Will probably give the true value of his effectiveness. 

Personally I liked him and we seemed better when he played...but the stats could say different?

I think it's:

 

When he started P9 W3 D1 L5 (all his 4 league goals came in matches that he started)

When he came on as sub P6 W1 D1 L4

When he didn't play at all P8 W4 D2 L2

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yep. Macclesfield (H), Scunthorpe (H), Salford (A)  and Cheltenham (A) last season were the worst I have ever seen...

I was at that, the 3-0 just after New Year. They are just down the road from me and it was the last Latics game I attended.

 

Truly awful. I went with my neighbour who's a West Ham fan. We were walking back to the car in silence and I said that was too much, couldn't he at least go on a rant, tell me how bad we were and let off steam? He just looked at me and said I'd suffered enough.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

I asked Mccann (he lives near me) and he said "Oldham didn't want me".

True. In that Dino interview, he says that he had persuaded McCann to come back, but AL said no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I think it's:

 

When he started P9 W3 D1 L5 (all his 4 league goals came in matches that he started)

When he came on as sub P6 W1 D1 L4

When he didn't play at all P8 W4 D2 L2

So we did best when he didn’t play at all.....you might need to start crossing a new account name 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...