January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

So we did best when he didn’t play at all.....you might need to start crossing a new account name 😀

If I knew what this meant, I could consider it. Given your form I'll just move on though.

It's clear to most of us that Rowe was one of our better players and therefore an owner with any ambition at all (or ability to plan ahead) might have been expected to try to keep him and tie him down with a longer contract. The idea that by himself he would have dragged us up even this poor division is ridiculous. I'd add that he never had a sustained run of starts in the team - his record this season for league games was 4, and in that run he scored 3 goals, and we won 2 and lost 2 - and he can't be said to have enjoyed a settled team around him, when you consider that we've used 24 (!) different players in L2 this season.

30 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

If I knew what this meant, I could consider it. Given your form I'll just move on though.

It's clear to most of us that Rowe was one of our better players and therefore an owner with any ambition at all (or ability to plan ahead) might have been expected to try to keep him and tie him down with a longer contract. The idea that by himself he would have dragged us up even this poor division is ridiculous. I'd add that he never had a sustained run of starts in the team - his record this season for league games was 4, and in that run he scored 3 goals, and we won 2 and lost 2 - and he can't be said to have enjoyed a settled team around him, when you consider that we've used 24 (!) different players in L2 this season.

...back to where we started.....endless apologies for him.....wrong position, poor service, not fully fit, wrong team around him,  at odds with owners, wrong system, etc etc.    He is 31 and has started 19 league games in his life and was surplus to requirements at the team 16th in the bottom division and has signed  for a managerless team 19th in the bottom division 

25 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

...back to where we started.....endless apologies for him.....wrong position, poor service, not fully fit, wrong team around him,  at odds with owners, wrong system, etc etc.    He is 31 and has started 19 league games in his life and was surplus to requirements at the team 16th in the bottom division and has signed  for a managerless team 19th in the bottom division 

Used correctly, sufficiently motivated, fully fit and interested, he has all the attributes to be the best player in the division, however he has simply never looked remotely happy from day one and IMO the furlough scenario just compounded the issues.

We don’t know for sure whether he himself was the problem, was part of the problem or totally innocent in all of this piss boil.

No matter what the reasons were, keeping an unhappy player is totally pointless and getting a fee whilst saving a substantial wage was actually a bonus!

It will be interesting to see how he performs now that he’s apparently contented! 

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Used correctly, sufficiently motivated, fully fit and interested, he has all the attributes to be the best player in the division, however he has simply never looked remotely happy from day one and IMO the furlough scenario just compounded the issues.

We don’t know for sure whether he himself was the problem, was part of the problem or totally innocent in all of this piss boil.

No matter what the reasons were, keeping an unhappy player is totally pointless and getting a fee whilst saving a substantial wage was actually a bonus!

It will be interesting to see how he performs now that he’s apparently contented! 

So basically he was an unfit disinterested slapped arse ? 

Adams would be a great signing. We do need to bring in a striker as well - a friend of mine rightly pointed out last night that Luamba is the only out and out striker we have on the books at the moment (assuming we are all agreeing that Bahambolou, Grant and McAleny are wingers)...

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

No, but I think you might have meant uninterested. How are you expected to know about prefixes with Latin origin? 

Oh dear.. trying too hard......I suggest you get your OED out and look up both” uninterested “ and “ disinterested” ......I am surprised that somebody with your crossword background wasn’t’ across that 

38 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Adams would be a great signing. We do need to bring in a striker as well - a friend of mine rightly pointed out last night that Luamba is the only out and out striker we have on the books at the moment (assuming we are all agreeing that Bahambolou, Grant and McAleny are wingers)...

Is there much scope to do anything? Got the three you mention plus Dearnley and Blackwood ( I know)in the forward areas plus 6 loanees on the books so can't see any more of those coming in. Adams would improve us for sure though.

47 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Adams pictured outside BP this morning...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Is there much scope to do anything? Got the three you mention plus Dearnley and Blackwood ( I know)in the forward areas plus 6 loanees on the books so can't see any more of those coming in. Adams would improve us for sure though.

If Dearnley was a dog, he would be put down. Can't be relying on him to get out on the pitch. Personally, I'd like to see us send Garrity and Grant (I know that would leave us even shorter attacking-wise) back and bring in an out and out striker...

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

If Dearnley was a dog, he would be put down. Can't be relying on him to get out on the pitch. Personally, I'd like to see us send Garrity and Grant (I know that would leave us even shorter attacking-wise) back and bring in an out and out striker...

Not a chance in hell, besides we've just offloaded a decent enough striker at this level for peanuts.

We need someone over 6ft and use Dearnley and McAleny off him.

Bam will no doubts find the said giant with pinpoint accuracy 

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Not a chance in hell, besides we've just offloaded a decent enough striker at this level for peanuts.

We need someone over 6ft and use Dearnley and McAleny off him.

Bam will no doubts find the said giant with pinpoint accuracy 

We don't play that way though do we? More of a counter attacking side.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Possibly. But I’m not sure that Kewell/Mo (*) want to play that way.

* delete where applicable

It's a no brainer but you're on the money,

The bottom of the table is beginning to tighten up and from a position of heading in the right direction, we could well be looking over our shoulders if he doesn't change our current system.

Archived