January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Agenda has a negative connotation Bristol. 

The recruitment this season has been the best yet under ALMO. Lessons seem to have been learned.  We still need improvements obviously,  but signing younger players with a possible sell on fee seems perfectly reasonable to me. 

It wasn't intended to be a negative suggestion. For agenda, substitute plan.

Yes, younger players that you can sell on for profit is excellent if it comes off, and who's to say it won't. But an experienced head to guide the others along is no bad thing either.

17 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It wasn't intended to be a negative suggestion. For agenda, substitute plan.

Yes, younger players that you can sell on for profit is excellent if it comes off, and who's to say it won't. But an experienced head to guide the others along is no bad thing either.

Aye. Agreed. 

Not re-signing Chris McCann was, in hindsight, IMO, the biggest player related mistake the ‘club’ made prior to kicking off this season.

So, it stands to reason that we still need a replacement in the C Mc mould in January. For me, that’s a given.

However, that said, too much meddling elsewhere might be counter productive given the delicate balance between the positive signs we see when the team are ousing confidence, against the frustrating repetitive mistakes consistently made by 3/4 individuals who I don’t need to name.

But that’s league 2 for you.
It’s down to HK to make the right call and for the owner to back him.
Elsewhere in league 2, for most teams that should not be a problem.

But.....we might still be one of those with a problem!?

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

Agenda has a negative connotation Bristol. 

The recruitment this season has been the best yet under ALMO. Lessons seem to have been learned.  We still need improvements obviously,  but signing younger players with a possible sell on fee seems perfectly reasonable to me. 

It is reasonable. However it only really works if you've got them on 2-3 year deals surely? 13 of our 19 contracted players are on 1 year deals.

43 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

There were rumours in the summer that he trained with us, but i think it turned out the guy with long hair was whelan

Definitely looks like him on picture from one of the players Instagram accounts!

Couple of signings of that quality in the right positions will tempt me to get back onboard.

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Definitely looks like him on picture from one of the players Instagram accounts!

Couple of signings of that quality in the right positions will tempt me to get back onboard.

Are you sure it wasn't Pidge?

https://www.goal.com/en-bh/news/socceroos-watch-irvine-bags-double-as-he-proves-asian-cup/1pdh56vhri8tq1fela4fefmhoz

Archived