January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's almost as if that line about our transfer policy focussing on youth and not signing over 30s was totally made up to try and excuse letting all our experienced and strong minded (and higher earning) players go.

And you're surprised by this?

34 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Just goes to show how ridiculous the decision was to release Clarke in the first place.

However he does sound like just the type of character we could do with at the moment. Too many teams have seen Latics as a bit of a soft touch this season. Perhaps if we had a team containing Adams, Legge and Hilßner, it might give us the bit of steel, nastiness and nouse that we’ve been lacking.

If Clarke was in the starting 11 from the start of this campaign, we'd of been top 7 by now

Instead, Tranmere are more than benefitting from his inclusion 

18 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

Can we ignore penalty and free kick goals then? Where does that leave the already mediocre goal return of our departed number 9 

Can we ignore pointless posts then? Where does that leave the mediocre comments of our departed Magister/BCD?

18 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

Can we ignore penalty and free kick goals then? Where does that leave the already mediocre goal return of our departed number 9 

Christ sake mate he’s gone can you give it a rest and find someone else to hate?

and we already do ignore penalties - Pawel Abbot was the precedent for that 

57 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Can we ignore pointless posts then? Where does that leave the mediocre comments of our departed Magister/BCD?

42 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Christ sake mate he’s gone can you give it a rest and find someone else to hate?

and we already do ignore penalties - Pawel Abbot was the precedent for that 

Don’t feed the sealion!

If we classed McAleny as a goal scoring winger, same as Johnny Smith, should the latter become available, who would you prefer in the team?

I think a few teams will be juggling their loan players due to the restrictions and personally, I’d much rather have Smith back at Latics if Swindon sent him back to Bristol City.

As others have said, McAleny only signed for us to further his career elsewhere and I really don’t fault him for that.  He owes us nothing so good luck to the lad although I do think he can do better than Bradford.

10 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

If we classed McAleny as a goal scoring winger, same as Johnny Smith, should the latter become available, who would you prefer in the team?

I think a few teams will be juggling their loan players due to the restrictions and personally, I’d much rather have Smith back at Latics if Swindon sent him back to Bristol City.

As others have said, McAleny only signed for us to further his career elsewhere and I really don’t fault him for that.  He owes us nothing so good luck to the lad although I do think he can do better than Bradford.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I'd say he owes us a season, poor form to jump ship halfway through. And if I were him I might be having second thoughts after hearing the comments from the Bradford end...

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

McAleny could turn Bradford down in order to get a better offer in the summer.

Bradford's a dead end for any ambition he might have but he might be unsettled enough here to take his chances on another stop gap.

Hope we can keep him till the fat lady sings

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'd say he owes us a season, poor form to jump ship halfway through. And if I were him I might be having second thoughts after hearing the comments from the Bradford end...

I agree that he should see out the season.

It depends whether Latics are pushing him to leave now though to bring in a bit of cash before he becomes a free agent in the summer and I really don’t know what the truth is here.

Archived