January Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Pack of monster munch and a new cap for Mo. 

Glad he’s off for him and us, gets beat 1 on 1 far to often, and don’t have to put up with his long throw attempts. 

Isn't the problem with his throws that nobody attacks them?  From what I've seen plenty end up in generally the right area and presumably he's told to send them in?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Thought we have had a few youth players make their debuts. This season 

Think Luamba got one game but others were in the pizza cup?  A long way from being considered regular matchday squad members I think

1 minute ago, boyinthesnow said:

I think we might have to have a home grown player in matchday squads, so there will still be one even if they don't play/aren't ready to

The centre half who played in the pizza cup looked decent,Sutton I think his name is.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Isn't the problem with his throws that nobody attacks them?  From what I've seen plenty end up in generally the right area and presumably he's told to send them in?

It takes so long cueing up the long throw in that everyone is marked. 

Long looping throws aren't exactly hard to defend either.

Most of the time we'd be better taking a quick throw and not giving the opposition time to get back.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Most of the time we'd be better taking a quick throw and not giving the opposition time to get back.

City struggled to defend a long throw at the weekend.

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I disagree, I don’t think we used them enough. It’s the equivalent of having a free corner. A quick throw doesn’t necessarily mean a cross bring put into the box. We would invariably lose possession. Get it in the box!

18 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I disagree, I don’t think we used them enough. It’s the equivalent of having a free corner. A quick throw doesn’t necessarily mean a cross bring put into the box. We would invariably lose possession. Get it in the box!

Tonight was a good demonstration how that doesn't happen.  They got nowhere with their long throws, as we had time to get back and organise.  

It's not like a corner either - the ball is travelling much slower, and it's more predictable where it will land.

16 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Tonight was a good demonstration how that doesn't happen.  They got nowhere with their long throws, as we had time to get back and organise.  

It's not like a corner either - the ball is travelling much slower, and it's more predictable where it will land.

And yet City were unable to cope with Cheltenham’s long throw last Saturday. So it can cause problems for any team at any level. 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Does leaving the number 9 shirt free suggest were signing someone?

Yes. A midfielder from the Northern Premier League Division One North who "has bags of potential" but will wear the No9 shirt because it's available.

OK, I'm not serious there, but I sincerely hope that a proper striker is coming in because, as it stands, we don't really have an out and out front man that can bully defenders and put himself about.

There is no way we should be having to play Bahamboula up front and McAleny isn't big enough to ruffle feathers. I don't think Dearnley is a genuine striker, Grant is more of a No10 IMO and, if the answer is Blackwood, God knows what the question is.

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Yes. A winger from the Northern Premier League Division One North who "has bags of potential" but will wear the No9 shirt because it's available.

OK, I'm not serious there, but I sincerely hope that a proper striker is coming in because, as it stands, we don't really have an out and out front man that can bully defenders and put himself about.

There is no way we should be having to play Bahamboula up front and McAleny isn't big enough to ruffle feathers. I don't think Dearnley is a genuine striker, Grant is more of a No10 IMO and, if the answer is Blackwood, God knows what the question is.

ft

49 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Yes. A midfielder from the Northern Premier League Division One North who "has bags of potential" but will wear the No9 shirt because it's available.

I keep wondering why with all the tinkering HK hasn't yet played Grant as an central midfielder, he's usually been wide or up front where he's  not really effective.

He's strong and what's more can actually pass a ball unlike some others tried there 

Archived