January Transfer Window

5 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Jambutty isn't a good footballer, too slow upstairs to react to any situation, Fage is fast but that's all, the Flying Scotsman was fast but they both have the inability to cross a ball and the jury is still out on Diarra as we haven't seen enough of him. Hamer was good enough when playing with Clarke but we don't have a dominant experienced centre half so he'll be better off at Burton. We need 2 centre halves and quick.

I think Jombati is ok at right back -better than Fage or Hamer certainly - but he's hardly ever played there.  

If anything, I think he thinks ahead a bit too much and looks to bring the ball out in attack when he's be better clearing it.

He'll do well to displace Adams now though.

Diarra is a strange one. I can one see it working out for him if he's given a run in the same position.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Whatever anyone thinks of Rowe leaving, it’s an absolute joke we have not replaced him yet. 

Agreed.  That has to be the priority before the end of the window.

Akinde who was rumoured isn't the same type of player, but would fit the bill as a central striker.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Watch Hamer come on leaps and bounds now.

Wouldn't be surprised anyone who has seen him over the last few years can see that their is something to work with aslong as he is in the right environment and shows the right application. We don't provide that for players here sadly.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Watch Hamer come on leaps and bounds now.

We'll see.

His career had certainly stalled here for whatever reason.

Good luck to him, seemed a nice well-balanced lad as can be seen in the club's leaving statement.

A bit of class shown by both parties !

Just now, deyres42 said:

For me the most damming indictment of the Lemsagam reign. One of our own, a potential mid to high six figure player goes for less than 50k.

I mean the one thing that I thought AL had going for him, was he could use his "skills" as an agent to play the game and get a decent fee (£650k for Edmunson, Anything at all for Duffus..).

Now it appears he can't even do that..

I'm not too fussed.  Nice lad but he has gone backwards in the last 12 months. He has potential, but he will need to work really hard.

Lets be honest... it is a move to a league 2 club.  Burton are going down and I suspect they will struggle in league 2 next year.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Lets be honest... it is a move to a league 2 club.  Burton are going down and I suspect they will struggle in league 2 next year.

Even so, it's hard not to trust every other club's judgement over ours on anything at the moment..

10 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I don't know if I've been watching the same player but I think we're lucky to get a fee at all...

Now yes but with a settled environment and the right coaching you'd like to think it could have been different.

Archived