January Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Care to admit you was wrong about hamer?

‘But Brentford are interested...he must have something.’

Maouche would walk into this midfield. Even you can’t deny that!

You mean Hamer who has gone up a division I guess they must have seen something too.

Our midfield up until Hilsner joined was characterized by weak players who gave the ball away so Maouche would have fitted right in with them.

Also Adam's is a good signing and it's a mistake to let Danny Rowe go too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Care to admit you was wrong about hamer?

‘But Brentford are interested...he must have something.’

Maouche would walk into this midfield. Even you can’t deny that!

Maouche was a player we carried for far too many games, when he could be arsed he was a stand out in the midfield, but being arsed 3 or 4 times a season wasn't good enough. 

The biggest problem for me here is once again we are going to start a new season with an almost entirely new squad. So many players have passed through Boundary Park in the last few years and I bet if you picked the best from the huge pool you would have a team capable of promotion from League 1 let alone League 2

The underlying problem is we've lacked the necessary overall management consistency and Board commitment to see the job through

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You mean Hamer who has gone up a division I guess they must have seen something too.

Our midfield up until Hilsner joined was characterized by weak players who gave the ball away so Maouche would have fitted right in with them.

Also Adam's is a good signing and it's a mistake to let Danny Rowe go too.

The Hamer who couldn’t get a game for bottom half of league two tripe?

Fully agree with the rest of your points.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

We should have developed him properly with a consistent coaching structure. The money flushed away has been that spent on his development and that of dozens of others in the academy given none of them are knocking on the door of the first team. 

It really bothers me the lack of youth progression. We don't seem to take anyone on, and release almost all of them and they don't progress elsewhere. Maybe it's a recruitment issue, maybe we're just not seen as a viable destination and like you say have a proper development programme. It would never be 100%, but surely one or two per year would pay for itself. Hopefully the Trust playershare moving to the Youth team starts to pay some dividend.

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Can’t compare Baden to McAleny. I rate one, not the other. People may disagree.

Dearnley has shown nothing yet apart from raw pace. 

Think McAleny is class me.  Considering Jombati is preferred at left back that says all I need to know about Badan.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I see Mohamed Maouche career has gone from strength to strength since he left us. Care to admit you got it wrong on that one yet.

Mohamed Maouche has signed for Scottish Premiership club Ross County. 

Is that a step up from League 2? Probably need to ask Alex Iacovitti 😊

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Mohamed Maouche has signed for Scottish Premiership club Ross County. 

Is that a step up from League 2? Probably need to ask Alex Iacovitti 😊

Not played yet, and only a short term deal.

4 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Let’s have it right, hamer is garbage.
We’ve done well to get anything for him.

Hopefully McAleney and Dearnley will follow suite. Two grossly overrated players by our fans.

Bam, Baden, Adams and Hillsner only decent players we’ve got.

You spout some horseshit on here, but that’s right up there.

10 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Point 2 is debatable. 

Be interested to see you disagree with point 3 though!

I’m not sure how you can rate Badan after about 3 cameo appearances at left back, yet haven’t included McAleny as ‘decent’ having scored over a dozen goals in half a season, mostly from out wide.

15 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

I’m not sure how you can rate Badan after about 3 cameo appearances at left back, yet haven’t included McAleny as ‘decent’ having scored over a dozen goals in half a season, mostly from out wide.

‘Consolation goals’. He can finish granted. I don’t see what else he can do. Can’t move, awful decision making and weak mentally and physically. 

6 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

‘Consolation goals’. He can finish granted. I don’t see what else he can do. Can’t move, awful decision making and weak mentally and physically. 

Consolation goals or not, he scores goals. Maybe some of them are consolation goals because this team is poor and invariably go behind in most games.

What greater contribution has Badan provided? 

Archived