January Transfer Window

16 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Wheats has posted his weight on Instagram on several occasions recently in what I imagine is a Middle finger towards the ‘unfit’ allegation. His last post stated his weight was the lowest of his career. Of course low weight doesn’t essentially equate to football fitness but I’m sure he’s making a point.  

Seen and noticed this. 100% telling them to fuck off, Fair does he’s making an effort to get fit ! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Wonder if Wheater will be either released or transferred today.  Hope so, for everyone's sake.

Although I'm not sure how wise it was to broadcast how he's not even at a level of fitness to warrant training with a first team squad if we wanted someone to take him on.

Don't think he will be going anywhere...

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Imagine someone in the middle that occupy a both centre backs and can hold up the ball and chip in with a few goals. The space for Baha and McAleny to score the goals and provide assist. 

Agree we need someone in the middle to link up with Hilssner. We also need to find a good centre half pairing, maybe someone to play along side one we have now, good centre halves always work in pairs.

1 minute ago, kev1969 said:

No great loss

Tend to agree with you but there's a kernel of a player in there.

Good left foot cross in him and likes a tackle ( probably a bit too much ) but he doesn't have much positional sense for my liking and is always looking for a booking.

However he hasn't had much help from McAleny when played at full back.

As with all ex-players good luck with the rest of his career.

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

According to an online transfer site Latics interested in Striker Kabongo Tshimanga from Boreham Wood, us and 3 other clubs, Sunderland, Walsall and Accrington.. 

I'd have him just for his name, the various misspellings and mispronunciations.

I'd put Barnett in the Brice Ntambwe category.  Earlier in the season when there was no intensity and energy to our play, he stood out and set a standard that our more talented players needed to match.  However as the season has gone on his limitations have shone through more and despite CBJ's mixed form and Badan's injury, he hasn't made the left back spot his own which speaks volumes.

He has a decent cross on him and he's been OK to have as we've needed a squad this season, but he's no loss and we have better options for the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Posh winger on loan apparently. Reckon this will mean either Garrity being made permanent or McCalmont being recalled by Leeds and sent to a L1 side...

Or, preferably, McCalmont stays and we send Garrity back.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Posh winger on loan apparently. Reckon this will mean either Garrity being made permanent or McCalmont being recalled by Leeds and sent to a L1 side...

From a club that stated that after the ‘Edmundson affair’ they would not be doing any business with OAFC ever again?

Archived