January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Wardie said:

He hardly impressed on Tuesday and seems to be going backwards. I doubt he will gain much of the kind of experience he needs in L2. He will learn the physical side, which is probably why he's here. I don't think he'll make it as a PL player unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He hardly impressed on Tuesday and seems to be going backwards. I doubt he will gain much of the kind of experience he needs in L2. He will learn the physical side, which is probably why he's here. I don't think he'll make it as a PL player unfortunately.

I didn't watch it but according to the article...

Clarke made 13 clearances, three tackles, two interceptions, and blocked one shot. He won 10 of his 15 individual duels and even completed nine of 12 attempted long passes. Once again, WhoScored had him in their League Two Team of the Week.

Scroll to bottom for LTTotW
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/9/England-League-Two

40 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Did you think Tarky would Al ?

I didn't.

9 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

The consensus is that we want 2 or 3 players . If we reckon we pay them about £70k each for a twelve month contract plus accommodation costs at least in the short term where do we think the £quarter of million is coming from ?

No idea, but AL said in his interview that the squad would be strengthened, so I guess he has the answer to that one.

1 hour ago, Sheep Foot said:

The consensus is that we want 2 or 3 players . If we reckon we pay them about £70k each for a twelve month contract plus accommodation costs at least in the short term where do we think the £quarter of million is coming from ?

Is this the clubs way of telling us no one is joining in jan?

7 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

Exactly! People talking like we’re going to strengthen. It’ll be a good window if Rowe and bahamboula are still here come February. 

wheater forced out

rowe being forced out

cbj will be the next to be banished before the end of the season(based on earnings), leaving us with nobody earning over a grand a week. 

6 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

If Rowe and Bahamboula leave then I will finally lose the faith

Why? What's new about better players leaving us? Tarky and Edmundson all moved on for fees, we have always been a selling club, remember being devastated when Stainrod, Warhurst etc left.

Yes it's a kick in the bollocks but the club carries on.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Why? What's new about better players leaving us? Tarky and Edmundson all moved on for fees, we have always been a selling club, remember being devastated when Stainrod, Warhurst etc left.

They normally stay more than a few months...plus if we have an outside chance of promotion they should be kept. Even corney  held on as long as he possibly could.

29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

They normally stay more than a few months...plus if we have an outside chance of promotion they should be kept. Even corney  held on as long as he possibly could.

Not once he’d been burned by Porter and Taylor he didn’t

Lee Johnson

Johnson Clarke Harris 

Baxter

Tarky

Clarke (offer accepted but didn’t go through)

Did his best to get rid at the first sniff of a fiver 

He was well in the shit by Clarke’s time though 

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not once he’d been burned by Porter and Taylor he didn’t

Lee Johnson

Johnson Clarke Harris 

Baxter

Tarky

Clarke (offer accepted but didn’t go through)

Did his best to get rid at the first sniff of a fiver 

He was well in the shit by Clarke’s time though 

Did Fulham put a bid in for David Mellor? Or was that just a rumour?

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

If we make good money and then invest it's a successful business model.

But if it's just to balance the books, we're fucked. 

With Rowe and Baham what happens could be a real sign of intent.

For both the options are cash in now, lose them at the end of the season or secure their services now rather than later. A contract extension now (leaving aside the negative effects security has had on some of our players in the past) carries some risk given the covid situation but it increases the chances of both the team doing better and cashing in later.

With Rowe I wonder if his history with the clowns is playing a part and he is being eased out with a view to cashing in now. I'd hope not.

If at the end of the window we have secured Rowe, Baham, got an extension on Clarke and brought in a couple of useful thought through additions it would look fairly positive. If however we've cashed in on the first two, Clarke has gone and we've a couple of 'typical' almo wasters then......

20 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Did you think Tarky would Al ?

I didn't.

That's a harsh comment.

Tarky was the only central defender (in my time) who had the vision and talent to be able to make a 40 yard diagonal pass. 

It was obvious he had lots of potential.

Edmundson on the other hand... 🤔

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I thought Rowe was injured- not being forced out. . ? 

Unless 30 appearances has triggered another £50 and AL wants to use it towards his next manager. 

Maybe it's another dogging injury?

Archived