January Transfer Window

Rowe is injured. I can't see many clubs being willing to make a cash bid for him. He is 31 and far from proven in the FL. I dont think we need to worry about any bids coming in for him.

Bahambolou needs tying down because he is only on a deal until the end of the season - we risk losing him for very little...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Rowe is injured. I can't see many clubs being willing to make a cash bid for him. He is 31 and far from proven in the FL. I dont think we need to worry about any bids coming in for him.

Bahambolou needs tying down because he is only on a deal until the end of the season - we risk losing him for very little...

We have an option on Baha so he’s here for next season realistically. 

Think everyone is forgetting this. 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

We have an option on Baha so he’s here for next season realistically. 

Think everyone is forgetting this. 

Doesn't the option have to be agreed by everyone at the end of the season? So Bahambolou and the club. I know it's going back a long time, but we had an option on Shefki Kuqi that we took up, but he chose not to...

48 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I thought Rowe was injured- not being forced out. . ? 

Unless 30 appearances has triggered another £50 and AL wants to use it towards his next manager. 

If you count cups of all colours he has appeared in 30 games already.  He has made 18 league starts in 2020 though

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Doesn't the option have to be agreed by everyone at the end of the season? So Bahambolou and the club. I know it's going back a long time, but we had an option on Shefki Kuqi that we took up, but he chose not to...

Surely it's not really an option if all parties need to agree. 

22 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Did you think Tarky would Al ?

I didn't.

To be honest. No I didn't think he would become the mainstay of a PL team because he wasn't the quickest. He has improved many times over since he left us. His positioning is excellent and if you watch him, he always goes back to the goal line to cover the goalkeeper if he isn't in a position to stop the attack and has cleared many a ball off the line.

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

That's a harsh comment.

Tarky was the only central defender (in my time) who had the vision and talent to be able to make a 40 yard diagonal pass. 

It was obvious he had lots of potential.

Edmundson on the other hand... 🤔

I admired his passing ability whilst watching him progress through the youth team to the first eleven but thought his lack of pace and slowness on the turn would leave him vulnerable at the highest level. 

He still looks shaky against speedy Premiership strikers but has matured into an accomplished top flight centre half.

My judgement isn't as infallible as some posters on here and I'll happily admit to being proved wrong !    🙂     

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Options either work in the players favour or the clubs, it use to be a lot more common for the players to have the choice but these days it’s generally the clubs choice. I would assume in this case it will be OAFC that decides rather than Baha. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

All about opinions but I think if you stick Rowe in any of the teams in the top half, he guarantees them at least a top 6 finish, providing he stays fit. Surely worth a 50k gamble. Especially if you’re one of the 3 teams he wouldn’t need to re-locate for. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I like Rowe but it is pretty implausible that anybody would pay money for him at this stage when he is yours for nothing in six months.

Aren’t clubs allowed to do precontract deals inside 6 months of expiry or is that just a football manager thing? 

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I like Rowe but it is pretty implausible that anybody would pay money for him at this stage when he is yours for nothing in six months.

why? Any team with a bit of ambition, would get the best striker in the league for a knockdown price.

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Aren’t clubs allowed to do precontract deals inside 6 months of expiry or is that just a football manager thing? 

Don’t think domestic teams can. So he could do a Porter and negotiate with a Scottish team or whatever but not another English team...I think

3 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

All about opinions but I think if you stick Rowe in any of the teams in the top half, he guarantees them at least a top 6 finish, providing he stays fit. Surely worth a 50k gamble. Especially if you’re one of the 3 teams he wouldn’t need to re-locate for. 

So why didn't any of them go for him this time last year when he only had 6 months left at Fylde...?

Archived