January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

So why didn't any of them go for him this time last year when he only had 6 months left at Fylde...?

Perhaps they did and he chose to come here.

It’s more likely though they had doubts as to whether he could do it at this level with his lack of mobility. I think his performances with us have proved

he can though, making it less of a gamble. 

15 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Perhaps they did and he chose to come here.

It’s more likely though they had doubts as to whether he could do it at this level with his lack of mobility. I think his performances with us have proved

he can though, making it less of a gamble. 

Do you really? I still think the jury is massively out on him. I read somewhere (not sure the accuracy of it) that he has failed to score in 18 of his 23 league games for us...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Do you really? I still think the jury is massively out on him. I read somewhere (not sure the accuracy of it) that he has failed to score in 18 of his 23 league games for us...

A few short sub appearances in there.

This season he's had 850 minutes in the league on the pitch, with four goals.  

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Probably true, but he is one of the very very few in this team that can actually pass a ball.

I think its clear Rowe is one of our better players. He's pretty much already got Goal of the season wrapped up and while he clearly lacks mobility his shooting prowess and his overall technique are excellent for a player at this level, and as he doesn't rely on pace it should mean he can play at this level well into his mid 30's

What I would say is an important discussion point though is if we shipped him out would we get an equally good if not better replacement? I'm not sure we would.

48 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It’s more about what he offers for the team for me. 

I do fancy him to notch if he gets half a chance but his vision and weight of pass when he drops deep is levels above league 2. Especially important with the lack of creativity in our midfield. 

I have notice him struggle when he’s not been playing regularly though - see beginning of the season so it may be a similar story today if he plays.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Last season he scored 3 goals in 10 league starts for us. This season he's got 4 in 8 league starts plus 5 sub appearances, so overall 7 from 17 starts plus 5 off the bench.

Given our generally poor midfield I'd say those are decent stats, plus as others have said he can actually pass the ball. I don't think we need a jury.

17 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Three more like Baha would do nicely, fast becoming a cult hero round these parts.

I don’t think we would be able to sign Baha now with them post Brexit points system ....so three more probably unlikely?

4 minutes ago, Sheep Foot said:

I don’t think we would be able to sign Baha now with them post Brexit points system ....so three more probably unlikely?

Shame, most exciting player we've had in ages and sadly, one we'll really struggle to keep hold of.

Archived