MATCH: vs Harrogate Town AFC (H) 26.12.20

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We were poor after our last good away performance. If we want to push on in the new year we need pick up massively at home.  I obviously want the win, but such is our form at home I’d take the draw to keep building momentum. 

We've usually been poor at home after every good away performance.  If were going to threaten then I think we need 6 points from the next 2 games.

They have the worst home record in the league but their away record is one of the best, so they probably go into the game as favourites.

My brother watched them beat Exeter away.  He was disappointed with Exeter's performance especially after beating Tranmere 5-0 the Saturday before and said that Harrogate were a decent non-league team, not much quality in their side but tough to break down.

I'd go for a slight change of approach for this game.

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

CBJ (or Barnett if needed)

Bahamboula

Ntambwe

McCalmont

Keillor-Dunn

McAleny

Rowe

It's quite a flexible lineup that could easily change to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 if needed.  DKD deserves another start after a goal and 2 assists on Saturday, and if Rowe is out then I'd go with Grant and bring Dearnley on late on.

I was watching the way the squad celebrated the goals against Newport 

The spirit is there and improving 

In my opinion this is the best squad we’ve had for years 

And I’m excited to watch them again 

I think we will beat Harrogate providing we’re not like rabbits in the headlights as at Walsall 

Fair play to the club for doing this "since the news that supporters won't be back" for this fixture:

Nice touch, and not something I thought we'd see under these owners.  Maybe they're learning/getting good advice at last..

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Fair play to the club for doing this "since the news that supporters won't be back" for this fixture:

Nice touch, and not something I thought we'd see under these owners.  Maybe they're learning/getting good advice at last..

Oh hello. . 

Bit of decent fan engagement. Small steps and all that. 

Fair play to the club. 

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (H) 26.12.20
  • Matt featured this topic
10 hours ago, JoeP said:

It's not difficult is it but like you say not something previously associated with these owners.  Well done to the club!

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Harrogate Town AFC (H) 26.12.20
10 hours ago, JoeP said:

It doesn't take much does it, well done to the club. 

Has Shitpeas gone yet. 

11 hours ago, JoeP said:

Great touch by the club but if HK thinks the side will play better when the fans are in he needs to watch some previous highlights and turn the main stand volume up 🤣🤣

21 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

They have the worst home record in the league but their away record is one of the best, so they probably go into the game as favourites.

My brother watched them beat Exeter away.  He was disappointed with Exeter's performance especially after beating Tranmere 5-0 the Saturday before and said that Harrogate were a decent non-league team, not much quality in their side but tough to break down.

I'd go for a slight change of approach for this game.

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

CBJ (or Barnett if needed)

Bahamboula

Ntambwe

McCalmont

Keillor-Dunn

McAleny

Rowe

It's quite a flexible lineup that could easily change to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 if needed.  DKD deserves another start after a goal and 2 assists on Saturday, and if Rowe is out then I'd go with Grant and bring Dearnley on late on.

I don't think Rowe will start yet. McAleny and Dearnley up front would run them ragged. 

On the back of my 4-2 half time call at Newport, I am going with 12-1 to us. 

The opening goal will be from a back pass from Clarke which forces Lawlor to hit it into the arm of the onrushing Muldoon, whereupon it hits the post and rebounds onto Garrity's thigh and into the roof of the net as he tries to clear in the third minute.

The rest is just battering them.

Happy boxing day everyone

Archived