MATCH: vs Harrogate Town AFC (H) 26.12.20

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are are dross, really are. Hopefully nick something. Should always have started this game 442 and had a go! 

Haven't we been playing 4-2-3-1 recently and scoring freely?

Arent the problems more down to personnel in midfield and defence something we've known about all season due to us not adequately replacing Wheater and McCann.

I said in another thread that it's a big month for us January the right midfield and Defensive signings we can really kick on. I hope we've already targeted and approached players who can fill these gaps.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They are by far physically stronger, look at the build on them compared DKD, McAkeny and McCalmont who are easily pushed off the ball.

Therein lies our problem and if it's not addressed in January we can expect much of the same.

Different players have different strengths. Quicker passing and better movement are needed when we have the ball. Then you'll see less of them getting caught on the ball and outmuscled. Having a load of big lumps wouldn't work with this counter attack set up we're running.

Looking at this if we’d been 442 with one less in midfield it would be over already. 

This is without doubt the worst home side I’ve ever seen at BP. The difference between our home and away form is just staggering!!

We surrender the initiative at home week after week after week and it shows no sign of changing!!

A player or three in the window is an absolute must!!

We'd have been 3 down in 10 minutes without Lawlor, powder puff in midfield, a defence you could drive a truck through. Thoroughly outplayed by Harrogate.

Grant was a total knob. Thought he should have had a penalty when nothing happened to him, and went for some sort of retribution.

Garrity and Fage to come on. If they're the answer, we're in trouble. Jombati and McAleny off. Bambam up front on his own. Interesting.

Seems to me that once teams clear the 3 behind the striker, the two in midfield are overwhelmed and the defenders don't know whether to come out or stick with the forward players. People complain about CBJ but, as I've said before, he gets no cover at all in front of him and is expected to play narrow as well.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Excellent (and I mean that). Commentary is off, just stadium noise on the video. 👍🏼

It was odd, realising the commentary had dropped out, then the awareness that its better without.

So looking forward to getting back to BP, head in hands in the George Hill stand, rather than at the kitchen table

Archived